Interlude: Secret Dimensions
49 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Boruto and Himawari went to sleep went to sleep, Naruto and Hinata were speaking. Hinata was worried about her sister.

"So the Painted Flame Calamity has grown to this scale. Is Hanabi going to be alright?" Hinata used the name of the terrorist now that the kids were asleep.

"Yeah Hanabi will be fine. Even if her Tenseigan is dormant, I don't think someone who is not a Kage can take her out. We gave her that team for a reason. Keeping those guys safe is very important." Naruto was not worried. Their team was strong.

"I am still worried. Last time I was on a mission the Twice Blessed I encountered where very strong. If their Shinobi were more skilled I would have been in trouble. If they increase the seals they'll be even stronger."

"You really shouldn't worry. They'll be able to escape even in that case." Naruto had some confidence in their team. With a Flying Raijin user in their squad they'd be very unlikely to meet a life threatening danger. Naruto brushed Hinata's shoulder. Hinata stayed silent for a while.

"Is Sasuke making any progress? Sakura needs him." She said after thinking about Sakura's situation a while.

"Yes the mission report came in. He said that the Hamura secret dimension was not the only one. He found another one but the seals on this new one were so strong that he can't get in even using his Rinnegan. He said that he was going to prepare to make contact with the creator to see if they can let him in." Naruto was worried about how the creator of a similar place to the Hamura secret dimension was going to react to Sasuke knocking on his door. Good thing tomorrow they'll have prepared a teleportation Jutsu in the village so Naruto can go to Sasuke's side if it's a fight.

"Why don't we just ask Hamura's descendents about the secret dimensions? Even though they were hostile last time we were there, Kaguya made me a full inheritor of Hamura and you subdued their best fighter. I think they won't have much of a choice." Hinata felt guilty bringing up the Otsutsuki. They had kidnapped Hanabi and herself in the hopes of inheriting all of Hamura's abilities. She especially hated Toneri Otsutsuki for taking her sister's eyes and trying to force her into some kind of marriage. She didn't understand why some in her clan were set on making contact with their 'sister' clan.

"Those guys. Who would we send? Sakura is pregnant and I don't think you could match Toneri on your own. I could send Guy Sensei or Lee but if the Otsutsuki chose to fight they'd have to open the Eighth Gate. I don't think Guy Sensei would survive and Lee hasn't completed his Eight Inner Gates of Enlightenment. Even if Toneri got weaker from loosing the Tenseigan, they still have their Patriarch." Naruto couldn't send anyone into enemy territory with a clear heart. Many Shinobi had died since he took the seat of the Hokage but it still pained him to send Shinobi on dangerous missions.

“What does Kurama know about these secret dimensions?” Hinata asked making Naruto pause in trepidation. 

“What did he say?” Hinata asked again with a fearful tone. 

“It nothing so scary, Kurama should say it himself.” Naruto made a shadow clone which Kurama took over. 

“Hello Kurama. So?” She said looking at Kurama.

“Hinata. If it's how I predict, then the owner of that secret dimension might be last Asura reincarnation to inherit Six Paths Senjutsu.” Kurama said, his deep voice making the statement more heavy. Hinata waited for him to explain as she did not understand. 

“Between the time of the Sage and before the fragmentation of the Otsutsuki clans descended from the Sage Of Six Paths and Hamura, everyone knew about the reincarnations of Asura and Indra. Whenever those too reincarnated they would have obvious signs. Indra was born with his spiral Mangekyo Sharingan and Asura was born with Six Paths Senjutsu. The last reincarnation to have Six Paths Senjutsu came to me after killing the last Indra reincarnation to tell me that he had given the Six Paths Senjutsu he had his whole life back to the Sage of Six Paths. He told me that he thought that there was not going to be anymore reincarnations, that even if there were they were going to be normal people. He then entrusted me with scattering any festering hatred out of the world and disappeared.” Kurama went into a long story and then stayed quiet. 

“So you mean this secret dimension might be his?” Hinata didn't think it was such a big problem.

“Yes. The problem is that I don't think he is dead.” What Kurama had said shocked Hinata. 

“What do you mean, he is an Asura reincarnation isn't he? Naruto is right here.” Hinata couldn't understand. A reincarnation couldn't happen if a previous one didn't die. 

 “When he Found me, he gave me the same feeling as the full Ten Tails. It was as though he had been a part of the world from the start and that he would last forever in it. I don't know how he looked when he was young but when I saw him he had the Sage's third Rinnegan on his forehead and had red hair. He told me that he would send his descendants out into the world and as long as their Reaper Death Seal still worked, it would mean he was still alive.” Kurama was even more solemn when he said this.

Hinata was shook, she looked at Naruto only to find him smiling bitterly. 

“So he is the Uzumaki ancestor?” 

“Yes, I don't know much about how he came to be the way he was, but before the Uchiha, when the clan holding the Sharingan called themselves the Indra clan, there was never such a thing as awakening a Dōjutsu. Members of the Indra clan would be born into three casts according to the number of Tomoe in their Sharingan. The main clan members where those ones who were born with the Mangekyo. I believe he was also born with the Sage's third Rinnegan. This is why I believed him when he said the reincarnation cycle had been broken. When I saw his descendants decades later I thought for sure he had succeeded. Not only that the time afterwards was peaceful, so peaceful in fact that Hamura's descendents sent out one of their main families out of the Hamura sealed dimension to maintain that peace.” Kurama seemed to have finished. 

“So Naruto will have to prepare for a tough battle when Sasuke tries to make contact?” Himawari was worried about what Naruto had to do tomorrow. 

“All the more reason to go talk to the Otsutsuki. They might know something.” Hinata almost became frantic. 

“You don't have to worry Hinata. Kurama has my back. With Sasuke there we won't loose against anyone. Besides he might not be the Uzumaki ancestor, afterall I am here.” Naruto comforted Himawari while Kurama dismissed the clone. After talking to Hinata for a while she was able to calm down and believe in them to come back safe. 

As Hinata was thinking how to convince Naruto to let her talk to the Otsutsuki she suddenly had a revelation.

"Naruto, how did you find the entrance to the secret dimension anyway?" Hinata asked with a little urgency.

"I followed the Chakra I had attached to you. Why did you get an idea?" Naruto asked looking at her face.

"Then, how did you get in?" Hinata felt like she could see it.

"Kakashi Sensei had the village prepare a reverse summoning Jutsu to follow my Chakra into the secret dimension. We then used it a what seemed like the entrance to the dimensions." Naruto said still wondering what she meant.

"Have you ever found Mount Miyaboku?" Hinata felt even closer.

"No... But it's not the same. I could sense the village from Mount Miyaboku. I couldn't from the Hamura secret dimension." Naruto could see what she meant but he didn't think she was right.

"No, that's not what I meant. I mean what if the Painted Flame Calamity's secret base was a secret dimension. Wouldn't it make sense with how we can't sense them? Hamura's dimension can only be entered from the entrance and Mount Miyaboku can be entered anywhere right? What if the Painted Flame have a secret base like Mount Miyaboku that was sealed tightly so that they cannot be sensed or a secret base like Hamura's dimension that had an easier way to be entered?" Hinata put what she thought into words and the more she thought about it the more worried she was about Hanabi.

"And Sasuke just found a tightly sealed dimension. Yeah this is looking bad. I'll have to tell Sasuke to be more careful. You want me to have Hanabi come back?" Naruto felt some urgency.

"I don't know, but if you can just warn her to be careful I would appreciate it." Hinata was more worried than she led on. The Jutsu that the Painted Flame have access to was so advanced that she would find it hard to believe if they didn't have the help of someone from those dimensions. Just the two Forbidden Jutsu they had sold to the Hidden Villages had elevated the Kage to ridiculous levels of strength.

"But it's speculation so I don't know what to do at this point." Naruto was deflated as he got up. He knew he had to tell them to be more careful but they were already being careful. Hanabi said they were not set for a combat meeting while Sasuke was already being very careful. He figured that analysts like Kakashi Sensei and Shikamaru would be able to factor the new information to their coordination of missions against the Painted Flame Calamity. He grabbed his Hokage cape and put on his shoes. He had to prepare the missive to be sent to Sasuke and Hanabi.

"I'll be back in an hour or two, okay?" Naruto said some goodbyes to Hinata and headed to the Hokage office.

"Bye." Hinata saw him to the door. She hoped he was back before she fell asleep so she could go to sleep in his arms.

For a moment I thought about not including the section about the Uzumaki ancestor, but then I thought about why I am writing a fan fiction in the first place. I am mostly doing it for fun and out of a love of many different things. If I can't express that love with new characters then I wouldn't know what to do. Have some idea about my story? Comment it and let me know.

0