Chapter 07: A Peaceful Sunday
55 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Boruto woke up he felt all new. His thinking felt clearer than ever before. He almost felt like he could finish learning Toad Senjutsu. He got out of his pajamas and wore some casual wear. Afterwards he went into the sitting room and found Dad sitting on the sofa.

"Ehh... Dad you aren't going to work today?"

"Yes, I asked Kakashi Sensei to take care of my work. I wanted to have some time with you, besides that I thought you would've asked me yesterday?" Dad looked at him in mild surprise.

"But yesterday you seemed so tired and Mom said you were going to sleep in. I thought you had already worked throughout the night to finish your work." Boruto wondered to himself why he didn't ask yesterday. When he remembered his excitement at training with Dad he knew why.

"Well anyway that night before I did have some very important work. Sarada and her Mom are coming to visit in the afternoon so we are not going to be training all that much, unless you wanted to train with Sarada or something?"

"Hm. Yeah I can train with Sarada and you go ahead and talk about your grown up stuff." Boruto knew that Sarada's Mom had some troubles with her baby and he knew that Mom had talked to her. Maybe they were going to talk about that.

"You really wanna give your all for your graduation huh?" Dad said, making Boruto question if he got his hidden meaning. When he looked at Dad to see if he did, he found that he was holding out his pale hand for a fist bump. That's when he knew Dad approved of him going out and distracting Sarada. He fist bumped Dad back and then sat down.

"Oh Dad, where's Himawari?" Boruto asked after not hearing Himawari even though it had been a while.

"She won't be getting here anytime soon. She is still connecting with Kurama's sealed Chakra. Well she is mostly done, but she's going to need a little rest afterwards." Dad answered him.

"Oh so when did she get up?" Boruto was surprised since Himawari rarely got up before him.

"Hm??... Oh no, she is still asleep. How do I explain this? Hmm... Okay think of it like her body is melding together with the Chakra while she is asleep. It will take a while for her body and mind to combine with the Chakra. Her dreams are probably some of my and Kurama's memories, though she'll probably forget them when she wakes up though." Dad made Boruto worried when he said that.

"Will she be okay?"

"She'll be fine, I left some of my and Kurama's impressions on the Chakra to protect her. Chakra originating from the Ten Tails even when it's Kurama's can be a little harmful." Dad's relaxed attitude made Boruto's worry disappear too.

"Boruto, good morning." Mom came into the room and sat beside Dad. She seemed to have just completed her morning exercises.

"Good morning Mom. What are we making for breakfast?" Boruto said feeling hungry.

"You can help me with finishing up the Tamagoyaki, I already put on the rice before doing my exercises." Mom said going to hers and Dad's room to get changed.

After they finished cooking everything and were setting up for breakfast, Himawari came into the kitchen.

"Eh... Did I get up late? You all finished cooking breakfast without me." Himawari still in her pajamas said immediately looking more awake.

"Don't worry I double checked, the plates are the right ones." Dad said, teasing her.

"Hmm... Let me check?" Himawari said, pointing at Dad while putting on a pouty face.

"Hm... Hm... This one is right. Hm... Good work." Himawari seemed especially happy today. She postured like she was a teacher inspecting a student's work.

"Thanks boss." Dad played along.

"That's miss boss to you." Himawari's raised her chest looking smug.

"I think miss boss should go change out of her pajamas." Mom deflated her play with a few words.

"Okay Mom." Himawari didn't loose her excitement. She answered Mom energetically and ran to her room. Boruto couldn't help but smile.

'I guess Dad was right.' Boruto had not seen Himawari that happy to be following Mom's instructions in a while.

They were eating breakfast. Boruto felt like the food was especially good today. Everything today seemed to be so peaceful.

After eating breakfast, everyone was sitting in the yard relaxing. Mom and Dad were sitting next to each other with Himawari sitting on Dad's lap. Boruto had not felt this relaxed in a while.

"Oh Dad, how is Mizumi's mom doing? Mizumi always talked about how she hated long missions because her Mom would miss her and Mizuchi." Boruto knew that there was some tension between Dad and Mizumi's mom, but for now he was curious since Mizumi had told him to check on her every now and then.

Dad paused a little before answering.

"I got an important scroll from your uncle Sasuke. I gave her and another Shinobi the scroll to decipher." Dad said being vague.

"Oh so who's the other ninja?" Boruto asked knowing that he was not going to get anything about the scroll.

"I can't say. He is related to Mitsuki though." Dad said.

When Boruto heard that he suddenly shivered. There were not that many Shinobi Dad could not talk about. They sometimes involved other villages or were criminals.

"Eight Headed Snake." Boruto didn't know why he had said that. When he was talking with Sarada he had thought it was a sage animal. When Dad had said the Shinobi was related to Mitsuki he had somehow just thought of that.

He had just said that when Dad's expression changed. He became serious in a flash. Mom also sat up from her relaxed position.

"Where did you hear that?" Dad said almost interrogating him.

"I used my sage senses on Mitsuki!" Boruto panicked even as he said that. A part of him had almost said Sarada told him, luckily he had stopped that part of himself. Dad didn't know how honed his senses are, even if he knew, he was allowed to sometimes have outlier performances.

Dad and Mom deflated into a relaxed position again. Himawari had been quiet this whole time. She had looked suprised when Mom and Dad had been jolted out of their relaxed mood.

"Mom, what is that all about?" Himawari asked something that Boruto also asked himself.

Mom looked at Dad as if asking him to elaborate.

"That's Orochimaru, or at least an image of him." Dad said not elaborating.

"You are not going to mention anything about him or the Eight Headed Snake you saw." Dad said dashing their hopes of knowing more about him.

"Boruto and Himawari, why don't you go to Sarada's house to pick them up?" After Mom saw they were getting bored.

"I guess that's fine, Himawari wanna go?" Boruto got up yawning. He stretched his body and asked Himawari if she was going with him.

"Yeah let's go!" Himawari got up.

They wore their shoes and went out. Sarada's house was close enough to their house, so even if it was going to be a longer walk, it was not going to be a hard exercise. As they were walking towards Sarada's house, Himawari asked about Orochimaru.

"So what actually happened with the whole Eight Headed Snake thing?"

"I don't know what you mean. Why do you ask?" Boruto tried to keep his cool.

"Well it's obvious that Sarada was the one who saw it." Himawari immediately exposed him. Boruto panicked and looked side to side as if Dad was going to pop up.

"Don't worry, I didn't think you were lying because of your face. You are a good liar." It almost sounded like a compliment. Boruto didn't know when Himawari had gotten so smart.

"... What have me away?" Boruto gave up.

"You made her look at me with her Sharingan, right?" Himawari seemed almost like a different person.

"Yeah, but you didn't see her, how did you know about her looking at you?" Boruto was weirded out as that was not something she should know.

"My Chakra seemed to have seen her. When I was dreaming last night I felt like a Sharingan had looked at me one day when I was sleeping. When I woke up I somehow remembered Sarada's eyes when we were training." Himawari said her voice feeling old when she said Sharingan.

"... Well yeah it was Sarada. Don't tell Mom and Dad. As for the Eight Headed Snake thing she saw it the same way as she looked at you." Boruto changed the subject when he felt Himawari's mood becoming heavy.

"Oh... So it's just like how you told Mom and Dad?" Himawari let the subject fall as they walked towards Sarada's house.

When Boruto and Himawari got to Sarada's house, they had already been walking for an hour or so. This was not because it was far, it was just that they had talked to some of their friends along the way. They had bumped into Shikadai and Inoji, they had then gone along a longer route just to talk with them a bit. Although Boruto personally disliked Inoji, he would never pass up an opportunity to talk to Shikadai. They had also met some of Himawari's friends from school, which made Boruto a little awkward. There were also the older people of the village who all along the way he said hello to. They never passed an opportunity to ask about his Dad, he had had to say his Dad was fine so many times. 

They knocked on the door after getting there. 

“Be right out!” A shout came from inside. Boruto and Himawari could both tell it was Sarada’s Mom. 

“Boruto and Himawari, what brought you here. We were just going to your house in a while.” Aunt Sakura said, inviting them in. 

“Mom said we should come pick you up.” Boruto explained. 

“Sarada is just finishing her bath. Come to Aunty for a hug.” Aunt Sakura opened her arms to both of them after they came into the house. 

Boruto went in for the hug even as he felt awkward. Himawari on the other hand happily went for the hug. 

“Aunty Sakura, how have you been?” Boruto let Himawari ask. 

“I am alright my girl. And how have you two been?” 

“I got control of two tails of my Chakra yesterday and Boruto got stronger by a ton. He was like whoosh and jumped and everything.” Himawari didn't actually know how to explain Boruto’s actions when she was so excited. Even Boruto felt that she was incoherent in that. 

“Eh… So both of you have gotten strong. Looks like you might leave behind my Sarada.” Aunt Sakura humorously played along. 

“No way. Sarada has the Sharingan now, she'll just catch up after we train a bit.” Himawari didn't believe that and so did Boruto. 

Boruto felt more awkward seeing Himawari and aunt Sakura talk. He did not know how to interject into their conversation. Himawari loved and was loved by everyone in the village. Part of the reason they got here in an hour was because every grown up they met wanted to come over and pinch her cheeks. Boruto didn't understand how Himawari could be happy having her cheeks pinched when she was so old. When Boruto was eight he had ran away from everyone trying to pinch his cheeks until they stopped. 

Just as they were talking Sarada had come out wearing purple and red. Boruto was a bit relieved since he would have someone to talk to. 

“Sarada, you are done. In that case, Boruto go in the kitchen and take the red container on the table. It's a little something for our lunch. Sarada dear you can go get the keys.” Aunt Sakura said when she saw Sarada come out. 

Boruto went into the kitchen and found the red container that aunt Sakura was talking about. He almost opened it when he smelled the aroma coming out of it. When he got back everyone seemed to be ready to go out. 

On the road back they only took fifteen minutes. When they got home they found that Mom and Dad were already preparing lunch in the kitchen. 

“Naruto, Hinata, how have you guys been?” Aunt Sakura said, hugging the both of them. 

“We've been well enough. How have you been?” Mom said that with concern in her voice. 

“I am well enough. Boruto, why don't you put that down on the table.” Aunt Sakura said, prompting Boruto to remember that he was holding the red container. 

“I'll help with lunch, where's my apron?” Aunt Sakura looked around the kitchen. 

“Right behind the door, and you kids can go out, we will finish up the lunch.” Mom said to all of them while pointing behind the kitchen door. 

Boruto, Himawari and Sarada were in the yard talking about yesterday’s training with dad. 

“Yeah I can control more of my Chakra now.” Himawari bragged about her improvements. 

“I am going to have a hard time catching up, won't I?” Sarada didn't seem as dejected as Boruto thought she would be. 

“I don't think you will. Even though I think my clones are on your level, your Kekkei Genkai is still super strong.” Boruto encouraged, even as he felt that it did not impact Sarada that much. 

“Yeah, if you want we can go train on the lake with you after lunch.” Himawari followed up. 

“Yeah I would like that. You think Lord Sixth can come and train me too?” Boruto finally figured out why Sarada was that invested in the conversation. 

“Ye-”

“No, Dad said that he was already tired from yesterday. And besides I think he has something important to discuss with your Mom.” Boruto interrupted Himawari before she agreed. 

“Oh… okay… and Boruto next time Lord Sixth wants to train you, let me know so I can participate too.” Sarada seemed more bummed out about not training with Dad than anything else. 

“Yeah. You really need to stop calling Dad Lord Sixth.” Boruto told Sarada.

“Yeah Sarada, Dad already told you, didn't he?” Himawari chimed in. 

“Yeah… okay. I just kinda forgot.” Sarada said a little guiltily. 

“Himawari, Sarada, Boruto lunch is ready!” They heard the shout from inside the house. 

The lunch they had was great, together with the dessert from Aunt Sakura everything was tasty and filled them to satisfaction. It made Boruto almost want to take a nap, but when he thought about a little bout with Sarada he felt energized again. 

Boruto, Himawari and Sarada went to the canal to do some training. Boruto knew that Dad and the other adults were going to be busy talking. He also knew Sarada also suspected that he was inviting her to train because he somehow knew something, but considering that Boruto didn't hide that much of his motive, Sarada wouldn't hold anything against him. When they got to the canal, they started by discussing how they would train. 

“Should we use Ninjutsu? Dad’s training didn't actually involve Ninjutsu at all. It was all Chakra control.” Himawari asked Sarada. 

Sarada was the very best at Ninjutsu among them. Even without her Kekkei Genkai she would still be as good as Boruto, even as Boruto had an enhanced understanding of Ninjutsu because of learning Senjutsu. Himawari was the same with Taijutsu. Without using her sealed Chakra, she could still tie with Boruto. Although now that Boruto had a better understanding of will, he didn't think either of them could fight him on equal ground without Sarada’s Kekkei Genkai and Himawari’s sealed Chakra. He would have to pay attention today so that he knew by how much he would have to hold back afterwards.  

“It's okay, Taijutsu is fine. Besides, it wouldn't be fair if we fought on a lake with my abilities.” Sarada bosted. 

“Hey! I know water style too.” Boruto protested half heartedly. He had wanted to say it with a little more conviction. 

Himawari looked at him and almost seemed to want to say something. Sarada just got busy with her stretching. Boruto almost wanted to shout it again just for good measure when he saw them almost ignore him. His water style was good, in fact it was better than almost everyone in class, of course it was not as good as his wind style or his fire style. His earth style was good too, in fact the only thing he couldn't do was lightning style. That would change too if he completed a minor Six Paths circulation. 

Himawari ended up not saying anything. She got to stretching and Boruto followed suit. Soon they were done and so got on the water. Sarada was a little unstable at first, this changed when she activated her Sharingan. She looked towards both of them and her movements started becoming solid. 

“You ready Sarada?” 

“Yeah, I think I am good.” Sarada answered Boruto. 

“Okay. You are both coming at me right?” Boruto said, realizing that they hadn't discussed their training. 

“Of course. You got a big boost yesterday. I got one too, but it would be unfair to Sarada to throw her in a battle where I am using two tails.” Himawari said, seeming to have discussed it with Sarada. 

“Okay, so will we train until one of us falls into the water? We can use those as breaks to discuss the battle, is that okay?” Boruto asked just for confirmation. 

“Yeah.”

“Let's go!”

Himawari gave the more energetic response. They both came at Boruto and started the spar. Himawari activated her Byakugan while coming straight at him. 

Boruto had an easy time defending against Sarada. Himawari was a little more challenging. On their own, he could tell by how much he had pulled ahead. As a team they took all of Boruto’s concentration to fend off. 

When Himawari used gentle fist to force him to respond, Sarada weaved in between her attacks to break his defense. Boruto also prevented them from encircling him by attacking anyone of them when they were far enough away from each other. 

The battle got harder and harder for Boruto. Himawari and Sarada worked together more and more. Sarada got more and more stable on the water and as such became more and more confident. 

Boruto was looking cornered when he noticed that Sarada had overextended. He sent his Chakra into the water to disrupt Sarada’s balance in the water, Himawari noticed and sent her own Chakra to help Sarada keep her balance. Sarada immediately went back to beside Himawari. 

After an hour of these exchanges Boruto noticed that Sarada had reached an equilibrium. She had caught up in terms of Chakra control, her speed had improved, her will was more and more solid. Boruto himself had improved, although not as much. Himawari’s Chakra was more stable than Boruto had ever seen it. He used his senses and confirmed that even as her sealed Chakra moved within her body, it was as calm as her normal Chakra. 

Boruto picked up speed as he became more and more comfortable with the spar. Himawari's Chakra had more and more of Kurama Sensei's Chakra within it. Sarada's Sharingan became more and more scarlet, moving faster and faster in her sockets. 

The tempo of the battle picked up more and more within the next hour. All of them were engrossed in the battle, and all of them were benefiting from the spar. Even when sometimes Himawari leaked golden Chakra, Boruto would just pick up speed, Sarada would also just retreat a little until she calmed down. 

When Boruto saw that the Kurama Cloak form involuntarily around Himawari, he knew the battle was over. He had wanted to finish the spar with a bang, maybe by using Fox Form or Yin Yang Palm Formation, but just ending it peacefully when Himawari seemed a bit tired was okay. 

When he called the spar off he didn't think Sarada would be the one to almost fall in the water. The moment they stopped, he felt how much Sarada had tired herself. He caught her and got out of the water with Himawari.

“I didn't think I was so tired.” Sarada said, sitting down. 

“Yeah, me too.” Himawari said, still wearing her Cloak. 

“Yeah sorry I didn't catch that.” Boruto apologized. He had been having such fun that his senses had been concentrated on the battle. 

“Don't worry about it.” Sarada said with Himawari just nodding. Himawari was trying to retract her Chakra. 

After they had both rested they all headed home. 

0