Chapter 9: Arc 2, Truth
51 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Jamie Lannister

Jamie was following his uncle, who seems to be taking him to the Godswood. When the feast ended last time, his uncle came to him and told him to wait for him by the Godswood. But they meet in the middle and walked the rest.

Jamie saw his uncle was carrying something, a sword more like, which was wrapped in a paper-like substance. Jamie also saw his uncle was in thought. So he asked, "Uncle what is it, that your thinking about?"

His uncle looked at him and smiled, "Joy." Jamie's eyes widened, he completely forgot that his uncle had a bastard daughter named, Joy Hills. His uncle noticed the look and laughed, "It's okay Jamie. You have been protecting your sister for the past twenty years. I wouldn't have expected you to remember her." He smiled, "But Tyrion hasn't. He told me how she was. And where she's been." His uncle looked forward to seeing they were standing in front of the Godswood in Winterfell.

His uncle opened the door, to show a snowy green area, which was silent, and peaceful. Jamie has been in the Godswood in King's Landing, but it wasn't this peaceful.

Gerion walked forward, and Jamie followed. They walked until they got to the very back of the woods. When they got there Gerion went and leaned on what looked to be an Ironwood tree, and spoke, "How's your relationship with Cersei?"

Jamie lost all colours in his eyes, "Little less than bad, Uncle." Jamie hasn't slept with Cersei for the amount of time he has been a Kingsguard.

Gerion nodded, "Can you tell me the reason why Jamie?"

Jamie nodded and walked to lean against the tree across from his uncle, a great oak, "Sure," Jamie got himself ready for his story, "This was about five to six years ago. But I still remember it like the back of my hand." So Jamie told him about how one day he walked in on Cersei was fucking another Lannister, and how when he came back the next morning, she was drunk and was confessing all her lies. Telling him, that he was only a tool, and nothing else.

When he was done, Gerion nodded, "At least you found out that she was only using you."

Jamie and Gerion stood there for a bit, saying nothing and doing nothing. But it was broken by Gerion speaking, "You want to hear a story, a true story that has happened, and is still happening now?"

Jamie wasn't a story man, but when his uncle asked with that voice, demanding voice like his father, he nodded.

This story has a bit of a background and a huge lie to it. The story started with a dragon falling in love with a wolf. Latter starting a war that took many lives, brothers, husbands, lords, princesses, and Prince." Gerion looked to his feet, "In the mountains of sand, and destruction, was a tower, a Tower of Joy. In front of the tower stood three against nine. The side protecting the door to the tower side stood three, a white bat, a white tower, and a sword of the morning. The side fighting against the three stood, a Quiet-Wolf, a small lizard-lion, a crowned ax, a steel gauntlet, a dog with many heads, a bucket, and a knighted steed."

Gerion took a breath of air and continued, "The Quiet-Wolf asked and demanded, but received nothing. The two sides fought, with the winners being a quiet-wolf and a small lizard lion. Then a howl ran through the sky, a howl very familiar to the quiet-wolf's family. The quiet-wolf ran to the sister, and found her dying, she was also cuddling a small pup, with tiny wings, and tail. The quiet-wolf ran to the dying she-wolf. The She-Wolf knew she was dying, so she asked the quiet-wolf to take care of her dragon wolf, worried that her pup would die like his siblings, the dragon snakes. The quiet-wolf listened to the she-wolf, and took the dragon wolf under his paw, and took care of him for fifteen years."

Jamie was listening to his uncle's story, and his eyes widened, understanding where this was going.

"So the dragon wolf, knowing nothing of himself, grew with his cousins, but one day the dragon wolf wanted to spread its wings, and travel. The dragon wolf traveled, and travel, on his four paws. Until he came across a smokey, and ancient lands. There he found a laughing lion. The dragon wolf gave the laughing lion water, and walked around the place, but once he saw something he froze in place, staring into space. The laughing lion watched this, and slowly the dragonwolf's clipped wings and tail grew back and spread. The dragon wolf went to the highest point and jumped, his wings spread taking him the place he never knew he could. When the dragon wolf landed, the laughing lion looked to see a scaly wolf, and for the first time in years, saw a king that would be careful, and loving. So the laughing lion followed this dragon wolf, finding gold, friends, and finally home."

Gerion ended, Jamie looked to him shooked, "Are you saying that the whole of Westeros was lied to?"

His uncle nodded and leaned down to grab the wrapped something, "That is what I'm saying. Jon knows why you killed the Mad King, and now sees you as a hero. So he offers this in thanks." Gerion held out the wrapped something.

Jamie took it and opened it to see a sword, with a lion head pommel, and in the center of the guard was a topaz. Jamie's eyes widened he knew what sword this is, he drew the sword from its sheath, to show Valyrian Steel. He looked to his uncle, "You found Brightroar. Where?"

Gerion shook his head, "I didn't find it, my King did."

Jamie looked to his uncle, "Is the dragon wolf mad, or has shown any sign of madness?"

Gerion shook his head, "No. I have been by his side for the past four years, and he has never shown any sign of madness."

Jamie nodded and looked back to the sword in his hand. And remembered what his uncle said about the dragon wolf seeing him as a hero.

"When you said, 'Jon knows why you killed the Mad King.' Did he really see me as a hero? And not a Kingslayer?" Jamie asked.

Gerion looked past him, "Ask him yourself. He's here you know."

Jamie then heard cracking of sticks and looked up to see that Jon Snow was standing behind him. The man had a smile on his face, "I do see you as a hero, Ser Jamie. If it wasn't for you half a million people would have died."

Jamie looked into the man's eyes to see he was telling him the truth. Jamie smiled, and bowed his head, "Thank you… My King." Jamie went to his knees.

Jamie saw his uncle walking to stand beside Jon Snow… wait that isn't his real name. Jamie went to ask, but the man answered it for him, "I King Daeron Targaryen, the Third of his Name. Name you a member of my Kingsguard. I only ask of you to stay a spy for me, watch the throne, and kneel to the false King."

Jamie smiled, and looked up to his new king, and saw the reason why his eyes made him think he knew him. Jamie looked past his King to see his uncle smiling.

Jon spoke, "I should go, and get everything ready for when I give the presents to my siblings." He looked to Jamie, "I also ask you to treat me like a bastard for the time being, and to call me Jon."

Jamie nodded, "Of course." Jon left.


Eddard Stark

Ned was in his solar when someone knocked on his door, "It's open." He yelled to the person. Ned looked up to see Jon has entered. Ned smiled, "What can I do for you, Son?"

Jon looked to him, "Well I was wondering if we could talk, and because Arya isn't hanging on me right now, I thought we could say hello like a son to father."

Ned nodded, and stood and walked to the other side of his desk, and walked towards Jon. When he stood in front of him, he looked up to his son, "You have grown in height I can see. Have you been eating plates full of food again?" Ned jested. Jon laughed and brought Ned into a fatherly embrace. Ned hugged Jon back, "It's good to see you again Jon."

Jon nodded and whispered, "I know who I am, father." Ned's eyes grew and nodded. Jon left the hug, "I was wondering if we could talk while we ride our horses."

Ned nodded, "Let's do that." He grabbed his cloak and went to find Robert. When he found him, he was watching Ser Jamie teach the crowned prince how to fight. Ned walked over to him and whispered, "I will be going on a ride thru the Wolf's Woods, with Jon. If you need anything, you can ask Ash."

Robert nodded and continued watching his son fight.

Ned then walked to the stables and saw that Jon still had the horse he gifted him. Ned walked up to the horse, and smiled, "You still have Shadow." Ned rubbed the horse's hose.

Jon walked to the horse's side and patted him, "Aye I do. Can't seem to let him go."

Ned nodded and saw that his horse was ready. Ned walked over to the horse and got on. He saw Jon do the same, Ned rod to the gate, and looked to the guards, "Jon and I will be going onto a ride through the Wolf's Woods, let no-one pass unless something serious happens."

"Yes My Lord." They responded and opened the gates, both Jon and Ned left, and rode towards the Wolf's Woods. When they entered the Woods, Ned saw fallen trees, and he also noticed that his horse wanted to leave this place.

When they got further in, Jon got off his horse and motioned for Ned to do the same. Ned got off his horse, tied the reins to a tree and walked to Jon and asked, "Why did we stop?"

Jon looked back to him, "I'm about to show you something, that is dangerous. So I ask you to stay behind me at all times."

This confused Ned further, but he nodded, and followed Jon into the Woods. The further they got in the more trees have fallen, but under proper looking Ned could see that something big pushed them down.

When they came to an opening, Ned's eyes widened at what he saw. In front of him were three giant beasts that people thought dead. In front of him were three dragons. The biggest being black and grey with golden/amber eyes. The smallest being ocean blue, and silver. The middle was emerald green and bronze.

Ned took a step back, but was stopped by Jon grabbing his arm, "They won't hurt you. Trust me."

Ned looked to his son and nodded. He looked back to the dragons to see they were now on there wings and legs. Ned looked up to them and saw that they were looking at them.

Jon introduced them, "They black is Sȳndordārys, meaning Shadow King. He is my dragon. Im his rider." Ned nodded but still looked at the dragons with wide eyes, "The green is Tegoāzma, Earthborn in High Valyrian. He is my son's dragon. The last one is Līāna," Jon looked to him, "it means Lyanna in High Valyrian. She named after my mother, Lyanna Stark Targaryen."

Ned looked to Jon, "When did you find out?"

Jon looked to Līāna, "I was giving a contract, I had to go to Valyria. And when I was there I was given a vision. Or more like visions of the Doom of Valyria, and the rebellion. I saw my father met my mother. I saw them get married in front a weirwood tree, with Ser Arthur, Ser Oswell, Ser Gerold, and Princess Elia as there witnesses. I saw how one grandfather killed my other grandfather and uncle. I saw the reason why Ser Jamie killed my mad grandfather. I was there when my mother gave birth to me and gave me my name. I saw the promise you made my mother." Jon smiled at him, "But after all that, I still see you as my Father."

Ned smiled and felt a tear going down his cheeks, and brought Jon into a hug, "Thank you. I always saw you as my son." Jon hugged him back. At that moment Ned forgot that the King was visiting Winterfell, and that there were three dragons looking at him. At that moment he had a moment with his son.

1