Prologue
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue:

My name is Amelia, and I'm a 16-year-old high school student. I have three siblings, Olivia, Charlotte, and Thomas, who are all older than me. As much as I love them, they are also the source of my greatest pain and fear.

Ever since I was a little girl, I have been a victim of bullying. But the worst part is, the people who bully me are not my classmates or peers, they are my own siblings. I know it may sound unbelievable, but it's true.

My eldest sister, Olivia, is a vindictive and controlling person. She always wants things to go her way, and if they don't, she takes it out on me. She calls me names, humiliates me in front of others, and sometimes even physically hurts me. I don't understand why she hates me so much, but I have learned to keep my distance from her as much as possible.

Charlotte, my middle sister, is more cunning and manipulative. She acts as if she's on my side, but in reality, she is secretly undermining me. She spreads rumours about me, sabotages my relationships, and gaslights me into thinking I'm the problem. It's hard to fight back when it's your own sister who is constantly plotting against you.

And then there's Thomas, my only brother. He is the most physically abusive and dominating of them all. He sees me as weak and enjoys exerting his power over me. He often hits me, pushes me around, and makes me do things I don't want to do. I am terrified of him, and I know that he gets a thrill from my fear.

I often wonder why my family treats me this way. I have done nothing to deserve their constant torment and abuse. But as much as it hurts, I have learned to survive. I try my best to avoid them, to stay out of their way, and to hide my bruises and scars from the rest of the world.

But sometimes, I can't help but long for a family that loves and supports each other. A family that doesn't bully or hurt one another. A family that I can feel safe and loved in. But that seems like a distant dream, and I have accepted that this is my reality.

Every day, I put on a brave face and go to school, where I face a different kind of bullying. But as soon as I come home, I am reminded once again that I am nothing but a punching bag for my siblings.

I don't know how much more I can take, but I know that I must keep going. I have to hold on to hope that one day, things might change. That one day, my family might see me as a person, not as their target for ridicule and abuse. But until then, I will continue to endure and survive. Because that's all I know how to do.

 

0