09 – It depends on you
975 8 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Though it was called 'Nilia River Passage', this place was more than just a bridge connecting the south and north of the eastern region of the Eternal Islands; it was also one of the main ports and a capital of fishing and river transportation, connecting the surrounding villages and towns to the rest of the island.

Its population was just over five thousand, and its main street, completely lit by thousands of magic lamps, pulsed with prosperity as hundreds of travelers and merchants passed through the many shops, hotels, taverns, and restaurants.

Ethan slipped unnoticed through the crowd and into one of the largest and most luxurious taverns in the city, his gaze sweeping over the crowded tables and past the waitresses whose uniforms were so short they barely covered their voluptuous bodies.

"Can I help you, young sir?" A waitress approached Ethan and asked politely.

"I need a table," Ethan replied coldly.

"Yes, please follow me." The waitress said this with a smile before leading Ethan to one of the few empty tables in the establishment.

"What would you like to eat and drink?" The waitress asked as she settled Ethan at the table.

"Chef's special and a bottle of white wine."

"Right, it'll be ready in a few minutes. Anything else?"

"No."

The waitress wrote down Ethan's order in a small notebook and left.

"System, how do I view all my skills?' Ethan asked the system, using the time he had until the waitress arrived with his order.

[System: Open your skills menu to see all of your current skills. You can purchase additional skills at the Corruption Store.]

[Skills:

{The Dragon's Lust:

The black dragon is known not only for its strength and warrior prowess but also for its fatal attraction to all women.

Type: Passive/Active

Class: SSS

Level: 1 (500 corruption points to evolve to level 2)

Effects:

All females in a 10-meter radius:

+10% lust gain

You:

Charisma: +10%

Lust: +10%.

Resistance to Seduction: +10%

}]

Interesting... Ethan thought as he looked at the numbers that they were already very high at level 1, and he couldn't wait to see how high they would get in the future.

Still, he tried not to delude himself.

His skills might be useful against a young woman like Valeria and a woman weak in body and mind like Victoria, but against someone like Alice? He could never come close to breaking through her mental defenses with his actual strength.

'System, is there a melee skill I can buy?' Ethan asked, remembering that he still didn't have any combat skills.

[This is a good choice for your current strength.]

The system replied to Ethan, and soon after, a screen appeared in front of him with information about a skill he already knew well.

[Skill:

[Mana Slash (Lesser)

It is a common and extremely useful skill, but it consumes a lot of mana.

Rank: F

Cost: 150 corruption store points

Effects:

Sends a powerful chunk of mana to your enemy}]

'Alright, I'll take it. '

This was a common skill on the Eternal Islands, dominated by many adventurers and wandering knights, so Ethan already knew it well, and even if he didn't know how to use it himself, he at least had a basic idea of how it worked.

Right after the purchase, Ethan groaned, feeling a slight discomfort as the system bombarded his mind with instructions on how to use the skill.

"Sir, is everything okay?" The waitress interrupted Ethan as she left his food, a bottle of wine, and two glasses on his table.

"I'm fine; it's nothing." Ethan shook his head before looking at the food.

"It's goat meat from the Eternal Peaks cooked with rice from the Southeastern Plains, a chef's salad, and black beans." The waitress explained as she pointed to each item on Ethan's plate.

"Enjoy your meal!" She smiled at Ethan before she left.

Ethan watched the waitress's back go before turning his attention back to his plate, pouring himself some wine, and beginning to eat.

Unfortunately, it wasn't long before he was interrupted again, this time by the approaching figure of Stuart, accompanied by two powerful bald warriors in black leather armor.

"Do you need anything from me?" Ethan asked, remembering clearly that Stuart had said that they would spend the night here and that Ethan was to meet him in the city center at noon, not a second more, not a second less, so Stuart being there just meant that the plans had changed.

"Actually, the opposite." Stuart laughed before pulling a small bag of coins out of his pockets and placing it on Ethan's desk, its contents jingling as they hit the table.

Ethan took the bag and opened it, revealing three shiny gold coins.

"I no longer need your services; I've found more competent and useful warriors than you." Stuart smiled contemptuously as he tapped the shoulder of one of the warriors, who puffed out his chest with pride.

"Right. " Ethan tucked the bag of coins into a pocket of his pants before going back to eating.

Hearing Ethan's cold, short answer, a vein popped up on Stuart's forehead as he slapped the table and shouted in a hateful voice. "Right? Is that all you have to say? You should be begging to continue working for me! Why don't you beg?"

"Leave." Ethan's voice turned cold as he released a faint murderous intent, his eyes taking on a crimson hue and seeming to be able to see through the souls of these men.

"Ek," Stuart choked on his own words and nearly fell backwards, turning and hurrying away without even looking back.

He shook his head from side to side in disdain. Ethan finished his meal and went to the central balcony.

"I want to pay for my meal; my boss is called Stuart Whitemane," Ethan said to the attendant as he took a card out of his pocket and handed it to her.

This was some kind of meal card that Ethan had received from Stuart, and even though he was no longer in his job, he didn't want to miss the chance to make a loss to the man.

"Is everything okay with your payment, sir? Is there anything else?" The attendant spoke after she had poured some mana into the card and studied the writing on it.

"I also need a private room; my name is Ethan."

"One second..." The attendant spoke as her eyes scanned a large list of names and rooms in a notebook she had on her desk.

"Mr. Ethan, on the service of Stuart Whitemane, there is already a room rented in your name... It appears to have been rented by a woman named Victoria Whitemane." The attendant spoke while casting a strange look at Ethan.

"Hm... which room?" Ethan asked as a strange smile appeared on his face.

"C49, on the fourth floor." The attendant replied as she handed Ethan back his card.

"Thank you very much." Ethan took the card before walking up the stairs to the fourth floor.

***

"C47... C48... C49." Ethan stopped as soon as he reached the room and stood in the hallway for a few seconds before knocking on the door.

A moment later, the doorknob turned and the door opened, finally revealing the figure of Victoria, who smiled shyly at Ethan.

She was dressed in a short white nightdress, the fabric so thin that it was transparent, revealing her bare nipples and white thong panties, the kind a woman would normally only wear to make her husband a happy man.

Smiling at her, Ethan entered the room and closed the door behind him before asking, "What's wrong? Would you like some more?"

"Not really..." Victoria lowered her head as she spoke shyly: "I just want to sleep beside you. It's too cold." Her face took on a crimson hue as she avoided Ethan's gaze.

"What about the dirty pig?" Ethan asked.

"He's probably with some cheap whore in some motel; besides, we haven't slept in the same room for years. He won't get in the way."

"All right," Ethan said before approaching Victoria, grabbing her chin, and kissing her.

"Go and lie down; you'll catch a cold if you're dependent on those clothes... I'll be with you in a minute," Ethan said in a warm voice, not missing the chance to slap her plump ass and enjoy the softness of her skin.

"Mmm~ Okay." Victoria moaned before running to the bed and hiding under the covers, leaving only the top of her face exposed as she watched Ethan remove his clothes, leaving only his underwear on. Her mind raced with silly fantasies as she watched his powerful, perfect muscles.

When Ethan finally approached, she turned to the other side of the bed and waited anxiously for him.

Ethan climbed onto the bed and slid under the blankets until he reached Victoria. He hugged her from behind and kissed her neck before placing his left hand on her breasts and gently massaging them until she fell asleep.

That night, Victoria slept with a sweet, cuddly smile on her face, her heart beating faster than ever, and her mind racing with happiness.

***

Ethan woke up early the next morning, his hands still on Victoria's breasts, smiling as if she were having the sweetest dreams of her life.

Careful not to wake her, Ethan pulled his hands away and got out of bed before grabbing his clothes and getting dressed.

Ethan wanted to leave right away, but his heart was heavy as he looked at Victoria's beautiful face.

Sighing heavily, he approached her and kissed her forehead before turning to leave.

"Wait..."

Ethan heard a sweet, sleepy female voice and felt a hand grab his cloak from behind. Turning once more, Ethan found Victoria awake.

"Will we see each other again?" she asked, her shoulders shaking and her eyes watering as she finally understood that it was time for them to part.

Ethan hesitated and thought before approaching the woman, kneeling in front of the bed, and taking her lips in a brief but passionate kiss.

"It depends on you." Ethan said it with a warm voice. "I will leave my mark on you. All I need is for you not to let any other man touch you. One day I'll come for you and take you as mine once and for all."

[Victoria Whitemane has been marked as your lover; you can feel her from a hundred kilometers away. ]
[You have acquired a second lover! +250 Corruption Store points]
[Victoria's corruption has increased by 5 points; her acceptance of you increases. ]

Ethan didn't even wait for the woman's answer before getting up and leaving.

"No one will touch me, i promise... " Victoria murmured as she placed her hand on his chest, feeling a warm, mysterious energy flow through her body.

30