Let the blood be shred
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Skeletons entered the passageway in formation but then separated because the interior of the building was not only much larger than it seemed from the outside, but also very corridible. Each went in his own direction.

A few minutes passed and nothing unusual happened.

"Strange, no one there?" I thought surprised, hopping from one view to the next to make sure the mindless servants hadn't missed anything or anyone. But just as I was about to return consciousness to my own body one connection snapped.

"So paranoia after all is always useful."

""What did I say, Gawain?""

"Maaasttteerr...." Replied the knight, like usual, not having the slightest idea what was going on.

"Then you can complain."

Locating more or less where my target was, I ordered the rest of the undead in the building to group up exactly right there, then once they had all arrived I chose one of them. So that I would command directly from the front line.

...

However, what I saw was no different from the rest of the building, the room was small, very small unlike what I might have expected looking at the church as a whole. A simple wooden bed, an ornate wooden prayer book yet almost destroyed, and on top of that a huge image of the sun made entirely of gold. Apart from that, there was nothing there, just walls.

Well unless someone would count the whip hanging on the wall still, perhaps the belief in the sun required self-flagellation, or it was just the priest who had such a taste. I never thought I'd see a goddamn medieval instrument of torture, on top of that it was rusty and dripping with fresh blood as if someone had just used it. Well it wasn't the kind of thing I'd already seen in the nooks and crannies of people's homes.

Oh, and also in the room at the very center lay a dead cleric laid out.

A dead priest with a rusty sword stuck in, his abdomen from which the entrails fell out. Around him many blood stains and gnarled bones which I can guess where they came from. Crushed, broken and burned as if in an oven, it was certainly disturbing.

Some form of magic?

The clergyman did not seem high up in the hierarchy so I could assume that he would not be an isolated case.

Holy magic would be the most likely, there is also the possibility for some form of miracles. Just how did he break the bones?

It looks like a skeleton snuck up behind the praying priest and stabbed him in the back with a sword, afterwards the priest feeling the pain momentarily turned around and cast some form of spell destroying the undead in the process. Then finally the priest died bleeding to death, sounds logical just why do I feel something is wrong here?

I guess I will never know what happened here though, one thing is for sure, looking at the damage to the bones and experiencing how the skeleton was defeated in a fraction of a second I guess I found another weak point in my body. Or I'm just exaggerated how much my new shell can withstand.

~~~

After clearing the chapel and fulfilling all the intended purposes, I didn't know what to do with myself. Rest of the army was constantly reducing the population and I was left without a job.

"I guess I forgot something, just what was it?" I asked, looking at the skeletons standing next to me for an answer. Then I turned my gaze to Gawain but received the same look, unfazed by thought.

So I stood still looking at the sunrise and then it came to me.

"Ahh... I already remember... how could I forget it so quickly, I guess I'm getting old?" I quipped, reminding myself of the people I wanted to leave alive. Exactly for the situation I was in now.

So, regaining my memory, I eagerly marched with a quick and nimble step to the place where I was going to have fun just like in the old days of my childhood, with no preparation, no tools and no idea what to do next.

~~~

I found what I wanted, a still unconscious woman sleeping on the bed, perfectly. Before waking her up I wanted to tie her up so that she wouldn't break free during the upcoming work, but no ropes were currently at hand. Improvisation continued.

I summoned the four nearest skeletons and had each of them hold her limb. But even that the dumb bones couldn't do.

"Poor thing, you're going to have a hard time following an order, aren't you?" I lazily stated when one of them failed to meet my requirements, it only had one arm.

"One arm ... wait a minute , you are the one in front of the building. How lucky I am that it just happened to come across you, and it was on you of all the corpses lying on the mound that I decided to experiment."

"You are the husband of this woman, aren't you?"

"..."

"Well, yeah, I forgot again."

"In any case, since I was so lucky, it would be inappropriate not to take benefit. Maybe I'll find out what effect the old family has on the resurrected corpse, it would be valuable information especially keeping in mind a certain naughty wolf."

"Of course, not to mention what fun I'll have at the thought of a woman's husband seeing everything and not being able to do anything. You'll be my icing on the cake, it's just a shame that my little wolf had to kill you so quickly, alive you'd probably still be screaming and begging for her life. Well maybe next time."

"Go to the corner and stand still."

As I said this I replaced the woman's free limb with another summoned skeleton to hold in place.

"I feel like I am playing with some cuckold, maybe I am developing some new fetish, Gawain what do you think?"

"Master...????"

"What do you mean you don't know what fetishes are.... ohh Gawain my boy, you still have so much to learn, so many things still ahead of you. But rest assured I will teach you everything we have time, after all we are not in danger of dying of old age , right?"

Looking away from my new protégé in misdeeds I moved on to the main dish.

"Wake up, it's time to get up, LOVE," I shouted hitting the woman lying on the bed directly in the face.

Slap

The woman immediately opened her eyes but by some miracle was still not fully awake, she looked around the room slowly as she tried to rub her bleeding cheek, happily with poor results.

Only when the pain came to her consciousness did she come to her senses and realize her current situation.

She opened her eyes wide and exclaimed. "Help, help..."

I just stood smiling and watched her squirm. She shouted and screamed till after a while, seeing that nothing was happening, she came to her current situation and realized that she was on her own.

"Let me go , you monster."

"Let me go..."

How cliché, I can already see any villain would listen.

"Let me go..."

"..."

"Be quiet..." I growled when I started to get slowly bored already.

"Let me go..."

Slap

Another slap across her face made more words get stuck in her throat.

"SILENCE."

"I ask, you answer, do we understand each other?"

The terrified woman only nodded her head affirmatively.

"Okay...first question, where are we?"

"In the village of Wheatcut.... my Lord"

Village of Wheatcut, a name very easy to look up so she probably wasn't lying.

"And where is this village located?"

"In the land of Baron Isembert."

Isembert, worth remembering.

"Ehhhhhhh..." I sighed exasperated without letting on that I didn't know anything.

"And where the land of Baron Isembert extends, let me make it easy for you I mean the continent, the kingdom."

"No... I don't know Lord, I'm a simple peasant girl , I've never been that far and the only where I've been outside the walls is my parents' village."

I can't ask too much here, but it's always worth playing harder.

"And where is this village?"

"To... east of here."

She stammered, fear or maybe she was lying.

"Suppose I believe you, the next question is do you believe in God or Gods?"

"Ye.. yes," the terrified peasant woman replied.

"And?" I raised my voice.

"And what my lord?"

"Tell me about them!!!" I shouted unable to stand her lack of emotional intelligence.

"Describe them, how many are there, what powers they have, what organization is underneath them...TELL ME EVERYTHING" I asked question after question without even waiting for an answer.

"No... I don't know my Lord, I myself only follow the Sun God Vagldir just like my mother and also her mother. And as far as I know most of the locals also follow him."

Strange, I assumed that in the pantheon the priests would be scrambling for followers. However, she didn't deny it so I can't dismiss the existence of several gods.

"Ehh... at least some progress" I sighed once again, then went outside to think about what I knew, pretending that I couldn't stand her incompetence any longer.

Nothing about the continent, the kingdom and the surrounding area. At least I know I'm in a barony of some sort which confirms the thesis of a medieval world.

Surprisingly there is only one temple in the village as if the gods recognize their territories but there is nothing to jump to conclusions too early, we will find out when I conquer some bigger city. What else can I ask the villager, what is her name.... nothing for me. The question about magic and dungeons is probably also pointless what's left?

I think it's time to end it, I wish I had left the village chief alive.

...

"Okay, one last question and I'll leave you alone. Just you have to answer it exactly, do you understand?"

"Yes, I'm listening," the woman recounted excitedly as she saw the light in the tunnel. She didn't even know what awaited her.

"Have you perhaps heard of such a thing as SYSTEM?"

"What?"

"S-Y-S-T-E-M, SYSTEM. The blue rectangle, does that tell you anything?"

"No Lord... I haven't heard of such a thing."

"That's... good," I said with a smile on my dead lips, satisfied that I had gained another advantage over this world. But then I fell silent as I began to consider what to do next.

But the woman, seeing that I had been silent for several minutes, could not help herself and finally asked.

"Lord, I did as you wished, can you free me?"

"'Free you?" I asked surprised. "Hahahaha..."

"When I mentioned something like that, I just said , I'll leave you alone. There was no talk of any release."

"Alone from my questions , of course..." I said sadistically smiling at her.

"..."

"You see, we were supposed to talk, then I would probably torture you lightly and eventually kill you ending your miserable life and thus your suffering."

"..."

"But you know, I changed my mind, not only did you upset me, but the sun has risen which heralds a new day."

"Sun has risen, what kind of excuse is that?" shouted the panicked woman, knowing what would come next.

"Good as any other."

"I guess you haven't learned anything after all.... the sun is up and that means my sadistic tendencies have not yet been satisfied today. That's why I have to satisfy them on you, since now you're the only one left alive, alone in the whole village. As for your son, for him I have other plans."

"What, you are lying!!!"

"I'll be gentle, I promise."

"What, no, no, get away from me.... help." Shouted the woman trying to break free but she didn't have enough strength to escape the grasp of the four skeletons.

Disregarding her screams, I tore her clothes, then said to my faithful knight.

"Gawain come here and hold her tongue, we don't want her to suffocate, do we?"

"Master..."

"Come and don't whine."

Upon my words, the knight approached the woman and hit her in the face, using his fist, to force her to open her mouth. He then put his bony hand wrapped in metal into her lips and took his tongue out. All the while turning his head around and remaining alert to possible threats.

Seeing that everything was ready, I proceeded to operate on the woman, accompanied by her deceased husband, who would be watching it all.

Tasty for me.

1