Battle
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I didn't want to leave you in the middle so here's another one. If I find time I will add the end of the battle.

#

(Samuel site)

There is a phrase, people on their own and nature on its own. It doesn't matter as if someone had planned, nature always takes precedence anyway.

Therefore, disregarding the discussion of tactics, the wolves attacked at the most convenient moment for them. One in which Samuel and the rest were distracted, busy talking and then dividing the troops.

Wolf number one attacked the left flank of the formation, number two the right flank and number three lazily stared at the center of the shield wall , showing no desire to attack. Maybe he was pretending, no one knows, because anything can be expected from such individuals. Lazy and cowardly was capable of anything.

"Pathetic, such a strategy even a child after a moment's thinking would create. But what can you expect from a group of stupid dogs." Shouted Samuel to the animal opponents wanting to enrage them.

[Ice Bolt]

"Disconnect the brain then the body goes crazy, like a headless chicken." Whispered the necromancer tonelessly.

[Ice Bolt].

"Although I don't know if, like Randaloph, these wolves understand me, but it is always worth trying with demoralization."

[Ice Bolt].

"It's a good thing that at least my wolf is above the average intelligence of a dog.... I hope he didn't hear that, I wouldn't want to argue about it again.... and apologize again" The necromancer pondered aloud without taking his eyes off the battlefield.

[Ice Bolt]

The wolves did not react differently, they did not understand him or simply ignored the insults.

[Ice Bolt] Exclaimed Samuel as he used his spells to try to scare away the largest animal which, being just a step away from one of the undead, had tried to attack him again and again.

[Ice Bolt]

[Ice Bolt]

[Ice Bolt]]

The first bullet once again changed nothing , didn't even scare the big monster. Only three more ice spells made the 'old one' quickly jump away just a moment before the projectile could touch him.

But what Samuel didn't notice while trying to defend the left side of the shield wall was the attack at the same time by number two on the right flank. The necromancer had already lost one and almost two undead at the start of the skirmish.

"Damn in such a bluntness I can not manage, I have to look simultaneously in two directions at the same time, I will not split, anyway."

[Create a Minor Undead]

Mana : 1130/2100

"It's not going very well... I just hope Gawain will hurry up and rescue me. Maybe I should rely more on myself.... it's not the time for that."

"It's a good thing I prepared in advance for such an opportunity. Being paranoid is always useful at times like this, though."

"Learning to cast two spells at once.... but I don't yet have the required experience to do it instinctively and without respite.... it's not a problem. Where will I get better experience if not on the battlefield in the very heat of battle?"

"..."

"To hold formation."

[Ice Bolt]


(Gawain site)

The undead knight didn't prance around dancing and waiting for a flare. Instead of taking a defensive position as if his
cleverer master will do, Gawain launched a charge attack with himself in the lead as the base of the formation.

Using the simplest and most effective tactics, he divided the army into smaller parts when he took the young and weaker males himself, while throwing the larger group at the more experienced female.

The knight started the clash with a thrust in front of him, then a block with his shield and then a dodge to the side avoiding the easily predictable attack of the monster's claws, thus unintentionally creating a small repetitive battle cycle.

Cut, block, dodge.... cut, block, dodge. With each successive cycle, Gawain plunged deeper and deeper into some kind of battle trance, which made him perform basic actions faster and faster. Like a well-oiled machine, he made no mistakes in the process.

Cuts and then and stabs executed flawlessly, each attack that followed was more and more precise and dangerous for the wolf. Blocks on the slightly tattered shield, against intuition, did not damage it but only made the metal on the sides give off sparks. The impact of the wolf's blows whether with its paws, tail or the crushing of the shield in the animal's jaws did not impress the knight in the slightest, making Gawain more like a stone bastion and less like a weak undead warrior.

Even the dead man's dodges were performed with less and less effort as he became accustomed to the range of his oponent attacks, as if his body was regaining its former prowess instead of learning anew.

And if one were to combine all three elements one could see that with every minute of the fight the wolf's chance of victory was diminishing more and more. Therefore, the wolf at this point had to focus solely on the knight, start ignoring his surroundings to survive the hail of quick blows coming his way.

The undead knight would win within minutes.... sadly for him, he didn't even have that much time to dominate a one on one fight , dominate child like an adult. Time was running out inexorably so he had to play dirty.

At one point in the fight, Gawain broke the virtuous cycle, raised his shield high, defending several incoming blows. The undead knight interrupted the little sequence by ending the makeshift turn battle by knocking himself out of the battle rhythm. But by his action he didn't throw not only himself out of rhythm, but also his opponent, who began to slowly get used to the duel's bluntness, much more slowly but still.

The lack of a sword attack coming toward him made the wolf's mind pause for a brief moment not knowing what to do, but that moment was enough for Gawain to act. All it took was a second of not paying attention.

Slash

The wolf easily dodged the blow aimed by the knight in his front, but this cut was not the only one coming towards him. The wolf was attacked from all sides.

Slash

Slash

Slash

The shock infantry otherwise known as spearmens together with axemens, attacked the unsuspecting wolf from behind and from the side, effectively and severely wounding the animal. A young animal body unaccustomed to pain reflexively turned towards the attacker losing sight of the biggest threat.

This moment of inattention was enough for Gawain to shorten the wolf's head with one sweeping cut.

SLASH

Like a guillotine, the knight's sword ripped through all the muscles and destroyed all the bones that stood in its way even slightly denting the ground. "One less beast." Thought the undead knight slightly proud of his small achievement.

He was snapped out of his moment of reverie by a loud shout from his master, which the knight did not expect at all.

"Gawain you idiot," shouted Samuel furious for no known reason.

Not knowing what he had done wrong, the knight took a quick look around the battlefield and noticed a disturbing difference in numbers and also his fatal mistake. The young male was missing, and it is not clear where he disappeared to. Or maybe it's was known.

Realizing the situation, Gawain did not wait a moment. He quickly ran, taking most of his previously assigned army to correct his mistake as soon as possible, of course, this moment of weakness and haste did not completely deprive him of his wits, so he left enough undead behind to entrap the surviving wolf in place. Like garbage to be disposed of.

"I'm already running.... master." Thought the agitated knight.


(Randaloph site)

Rage, anger, hatred, pain,sadness and probably even...fear were the feelings Randaloph was now experiencing as he looked at the white giant, his former and hated enemy.

The fight in the ice arena had already given its mark to the undead wolf, who stood on the remnants of his strength even despite the fact that he was dead. Blow for blow, bite for bite and roar for roar.... that's how Randaloph fought, that's what his instincts and experience told him how to fight his current opponent. His body still didn't seem to realize that he was dead.

Unfortunately, what Randaloph failed to take into account once again was concern for his current body, which, in addition to giving unlimited endurance and other benefits, also had its weaknesses. It consisted solely of bones so it was much more fragile than the wolf was used to. Bones supposedly the most durable of all flesh, but exposed they could snap like matchsticks.

You bite me and I bite you then we watch to see who will bleed or surrender faster. That's how the tactics of huge wolves can be summed up although in this case the last is out of the question. Usually the fight lasted until one of the participants died, but the undead don't bleed or die.

Unfortunately for Randaloph, his bones, despite being undamaged in a clash with humans and even their iron weapons , were no match for his previously very strong and flexible muscles and hard almost impenetrable skin. Therefore, against Alpha, an opponent much more dangerous than an ordinary villager, the bones did not offer the slightest resistance and were easily crushed as well as destroyed by his fangs and claws.

The white wolf despite having already been wounded by Randaloph many times even though he was slowly losing blood and vitality, still had the advantage.

Randaloph had it worse, he was missing many bones that had simply been torn from his body, had crushed ribs and also limped on his front paw. The lack of connection between one limb and the rest of the body did not prognosticate well for the undead wolf. No... that augured fatally, sadly the battle was already lost for Randaloph, the clash between him and his nemesis was about to end in defeat, any minute now. Unless some kind of miracle was about to happen.

The undead wolf fell into a deep depression.

However, not wanting to give up yet and succumb to his hated adversary.... not after all he had lost, Randaloph decided to give up the last thing he had left of his former greatness.... his pride.

Therefore, he decided that he would ask for help from the only person who could do something in this moment and alter the fate of the battle by some miracle.

"Well... so you're asking for help?" Puzzled Samuel asked through their mana link.

"--\__/--"

"Give me a minute I'll think of something soon."

"Ice Bolt"

"--\__/--"

"No, that's not for you."

"--\__/--"

"Give me a moment... ok... I think I have an idea.... get ready..."

And in a moment, as if by magic rod, Randaloph's wounds began to heal. Broken bones began to fuse together, with new bones growing back in place of the missing ones.

"Good luck... do your best I will be your medic." Said Samuel and immediately stopped the connection.

In the battle between the wolves, round two had begun.

0