8. Love is in the air
643 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Asagi's POV
It's only been a week since we moved to Kuoh. It's not a very big town or a small one. But the atmosphere around is not bad. There's even a forest and a mountain close to the town. Though it can't compare to the beauty of my hometown.

For as long as I remember I was living in Urakyoto. My parents had a stable job. They are mostly involved with human businesses as they do not like fighting very much.

Urakyoto is a place mainly for youkai in a separate dimension adjacent to Kyoto made by the Shinto Gods. There are also other races living there. Everyone was extremely kind. All my friends are there.

So when my father had a job transfer to Kuoh town, I was extremely sad to be separated from my friends.

There aren't many youkai living in this city. Daddy said it was a devil territory. Someone from the Bellial Clan is the overseer of this place.

I was very upset as I wouldn't be making any youkai friends around here. But my parents said I could still make human friends. So reluctantly I agreed.

On the first day a boy no older than I came to visit us. He was our new neighbor. He's an orphan living all alone.

I can't imagine myself living alone without my parents. His name is Kouske Miyamura. When I first met him I was scared. There was this oppressing aura emanating from him.

Naturally, my parents also noticed. I didn't want to get close to him. But as neighbors, we are bound to meet often.

That night I asked my parents about the thing I felt. He also seemed to have a peculiar scent. As youkai, we are extremely sensitive to this kinda stuff. Senjutsu helps a lot in this regard.

I have been learning senjutsu from my mother. It's very hard! Especially maintaining my concentration with all those negative emotions trying to influence me! Well, that's not important right now.

My father pondered me for a while to my question.

"That kid seems to have some kind of dragon-type sacred gear. The scent you smelled is also the scent of dragons. Remember that scent, never carelessly provoke someone smelling like that, OK?!" my father spoke loudly emphasizing the last bit.

I just nod my head a few times.

"Miyamura-kun doesn't seem to be a bad kid. You know we could tell if he had any bad intentions toward us. You don't need to be scared of him like that Asagi-chan" my mother spoke from the side.

"But he looked a bit scary, Mom! I felt like looking at a predator."

"Try to get along with him. His aura must be from his dragon-type sacred gear. He must have somehow awakened it. I don't think he did it intentionally" my father said.

"We should find out how much he knows about the supernatural world. Having a sacred gear without knowing anything about the supernatural will only spell doom for him." my mother said looking very serious.

"But don't you think he looks so cute? It's really unfortunate, he lost his parents at such a young age. I wish I had a son like him!" Mother said looking very passionate.

It seemed he triggered his mother's maternal instincts. Father could only smile wryly at that. When a mother likes someone, she forgets about the concept of personal space.

After that Mother packed some food in a container and asked me to deliver this to him.

At first, I didn't want to go but Mother persuaded me saying they would be close by.

When I was in front of his house, I became more nervous. Without knowing what to do I just stood there motionlessly. After about 10 minutes mustering some courage I rang the doorbell.

Soon he came out. He was wearing a normal black colored t-shirt and navy blue shorts. I was stunned seeing his face. Even though he's young it isn't hard to say he would grow up to be very handsome, maybe even more handsome than my Papa!

Before I was too scared to look at his face properly. Now I have a close look at it. I don't know why but my heart started beating faster and I became even more nervous.

I tried greeting him properly but unfortunately, I stuttered. I was extremely embarrassed. I could feel my face turning red in shame.

After I was done giving him the box full of food, he came back with some chocolates to give to me.

I came back home all flustered. I looked at my hands full of chocolates. That day the chocolate tasted unusually delicious.
*
*
*
After that day I kept going to his home frequently. Mother encouraged me to make friends with him.

I came to understand that he wasn't scary at all like the first time we met. He was very gentle in his behavior.

We would speak about different topics when I visited his home, sometimes playing games on his game consoles.

I even visited his room. It was my first time visiting a boys' room. It looked plain, to be honest.

But the room was permeated with his scent. I don't know when but at some point I found myself not bothered by his scent or aura anymore. It even had a soothing effect. I found myself mesmerized by it.

After a week my parents told me I was admitted to the same school as Miyamura. I was very happy. We could go to and come back from school together spending more time with each other.

I started enjoying his company. He became my first-ever friend in this town.

On the first day, we walked together to school. Everyone was kind in class though a bit too enthusiastic. Especially the girls.

After school, both of us were going back together. But when we were in front of the park someone called out to him. It was a cute girl with violet eyes and chestnut-colored hair.

She looked very close to Miyamura as if they had known each other for a long time. She seemed upset about not seeing him for a while.

They even called each other by their first names. I don't know why but I felt sad seeing them together. I just wanted for us to leave.
[A/N: She didn't even notice Issei, LOL!]

I brought up the matter that I told me. I pulled him by the hand as we exited the park. On the way, we didn't talk much.

However, when he was about to leave I spoke out about the thing that kept bothering me.

"..Asagi.." I spoke out but it seemed he couldn't hear it as my voice was very soft.

"I SAID you can just call me Asagi!" this time I yelled out loud but in the end it became soft.

"Sure. You can also call me Kouske" he said.

I was happy to hear that.

"K-kouske" I tried saying his name but for reasons unknown I stuttered again. I was extremely flustered and embarrassed. I could feel my face becoming hot. So I quickly escaped home but inside I was very happy.

25