57. Nakagami’s Resolve.
276 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kouske's POV

For the last few days, someone has been spying on me. I couldn't tell, but Vritra and Sakuya could feel their presence—another Ultimate Class spirit. Elle said it must be someone working for her parents. They can be quite the worrywart for her sometimes, she says.
She said nothing bad would happen, but the blatant hostility was there. However, I decided to ignore that. Apparently, she is a phoenix princess in the Spirit Realm, and her father is the Phoenix Emperor, one of the strongest in that realm. I just hope I do not have to face him so soon.

Another thing is that Elle turned out to be a bishoujo. Yes! A bishoujo! She wanted to go out and explore the town. When Sakuya told her that it would be very difficult to go out like this, she turned into a voluptuous, beautiful human girl with bluish-red hair and yellow eyes.
I shoved off the job of showing her around to Sakuya and Lavinia, who happily undertook the task. They have been going around town a lot and shopping a lot with the other girls. I am happy not to be involved in their shopping spree.

Today, I suddenly found out that Nakagami Nakiri is taking Momiji somewhere along with some of their practitioners. It seemed like he was getting her out secretly. Thank goodness, I secretly placed my insect familiars on the perimeters of the Nakiri Clan previously.

I have come to understand that I am using bugs and insects quite a lot, much like the Beelzebub descendants, as 'King of Flies' is their bloodline ability. It is actually quite powerful, as proven by an unnamed descendant of Beelzebub in the series.
After having his power enhanced by the Malebranche, he had turned himself into a powerful chimera of dragons, insects, and other things with extraordinary regenerative powers and poisonous blood, which made even Sirzechs fight him in his True Form.

So I am thinking of acquiring this bloodline ability, as it's already similar but a bit different from what my taming skill does. If I just kill Shalba Beelzebub in the three factions meeting in Kuoh in the future, I could also become the Clan Head of the Beelzebub Clan, one of the Satan Clans.
Then I can hold two voting rights in the Demon Council and get control over two devil territories freely. Well, I guess I will have to talk to Serafall soon after acquiring that bloodline. For now, I will go to where Nakagami is going. I won't ever get another chance like this.

*
*
*

Omniscient POV

Today was the day to meet with Satanael. But Nakagami still couldn't convince his father. So when his father was out of the territory, he snuck Momiji out of the Dome Barrier. With several of his trusted jutshushas, he's taking Momiji to the meeting place that Satanael designated for them. Even though he wanted to be the one to designate a place, Satanael insisted that he would need his lab equipment to check on her.

"Nii-san, where are we going?" asks a confused but excited Momiji, as this was the first time she was going outside the Dome Barrier. For most of her life, she has only been confined to that place.

"We are going to meet someone who can help you get free from the curse. If everything goes well, soon you won't have to stay hidden in that place anymore," says Nakagami as he gently pats the head of his sister.

"Nn," hearing that, Momiji was even more excited than before.

On their journey, they had to stop multiple times as Momiji would suddenly get excited over the smallest of things she saw and ask what they were—things she had only seen in books. She would try out eating in restaurants and cafes. Even though she has eaten all of this stuff before, even though she was confined, most of her wishes were always fulfilled for her. Still, eating in a place with a lot of people is a whole new experience.

Even though Nakagami is always a bit serious, he still couldn't refuse his sister, as it was one of the rarest times when he had seen his sister being genuinely happy. So he was trying to accommodate her as much as he could. His sister was very excited, seeing even the most normal things like schools, hospitals, and even tall buildings. He could see her longing for a normal life as they had stopped in front of a school where students were going home, chatting with their friends, further strengthening his resolve.

On their way, when they reached more than half the way, he and the jutshushas felt something was wrong. There was no one around them anymore, even though they should still be inside the residential area. Suddenly, a barrier was placed around the place, which made them all the more worried and cautious.

"Those damn crows! They betrayed us!" says one of the jutshushas as he points to the sky, where multiple fallen angels can be seen.

Many fallen angels start attacking with their light magics as Nakagami hastily makes an earth dome to protect his sister.

The jutshushas start counterattacking with their spell talismans and swords in hand. Nakagami easily kills all the fallens flying in the sky with his dragon shots. After that, more and more fallen angels come into view.

"As expected of the strongest Ouryuu in history. Those low-level scrubs couldn't do anything to you. I would have been disappointed otherwise," says Kokabiel while clapping and laughing as he comes into view.

"What's the meaning of this? Where's Satanael?" asks Nakagami calmly.

"He must be in his lab waiting for your arrival," says Kokabiel as he smirks.

"So, this is your doing? What do you want to achieve by stopping us here?" asks Nakagami.

"The holder of Telos Karma, obviously. Give me your sister," says Kokabiel cockily.

"Then, negotiations are off the table, huh?" says Nakagami as he prepares to fight by releasing his dragon aura and coating himself in touki, making Kokabiel widen his eyes at the amount of dragon aura and touki he's releasing.

But Kokabiel tries to deny this feeling and launches numerous light spears with his light magic. Nakagami easily destroys them with the sword in his hand. Seeing this, Kokabiel becomes furious.

"Don't get cocky just because of this, filthy human!" screams Kokabiel as he launches another barrage of attacks.

But this time, Nakagami jumped high up in the air and was already in front of him, and kicked him in his solar plexus, eliciting a painful groan and blood from his mouth as he got smacked down to the ground from the sky. As Nakagami approached Kokabiel, he felt someone closing in on his sister. It was Gadreel, an eight-winged fallen angel. Gadreel managed to break the earth dome barrier as it was hastily put up. Those jitshushas who tried to stop him were mercilessly cut down.

"Aaah!" screams Momiji, seeing the barrier get broken and Gadreel in front of him.

But just as Gadreel was about to hold Momiji, some strange phenomena started happening. Multiple stray attacks from the surroundings, from both allies and enemies, hit him, making him stunned and off-balanced even though they couldn't do much.

At this time, Momiji started running towards her brother.

"Nii-san!"

As Gadreel tries to pursue her, he is again hit by stray attacks, and even a powerful eight-winged war veteran fallen angel like him lost footing and fell face first on the ground, giving time for Nakagami to reach his sister.

This all happened so fast that it left all of them stupefied.

"So, this is the power of Telos Karma?" says Kokabiel, surprised.

Then both Gadreel and Kokabiel attacked Nakagami with their light magic. But no matter what they did, he easily destroyed their attacks, making them more and more furious. By this time, the jutshushas and the fallen angels are at each other's throats, no one leaving an inch for one another and trying to kill at the first chance.

As the fight between the three goes on, multiple cuts and bruises appear on both the fallen angels, while Nakagami remains mostly unscathed as he protects his sister. Nakagami kicks both of them, distancing themselves as their bones crack and break, making them groan.

Just as Nakagami was about to swiftly end the battle, the barrier cracked, eliciting everyone's notice. From outside the broken barrier comes Satanael and his subordinates.

"What are you doing here?" asks Kokabiel, confusedly.

"I was wondering why it was taking so long, and when I looked in this area, I found that this barrier was placed. I never imagined you were the one trying to foil my work, Kokabiel," says Satanael.

"Satanael! Help me defeat him. Don't you also want to get your hands on the Longinus?!" screams Kokabiel upon seeing Satanael and his subordinates.

"Ho? You are far too shameless to ask for my help when you yourself tried to stab me in the back," says Satanael calmly.

"It's not time for that. We can talk later. Help me defeat him first," says Kokabiel, seeing Nakagami quickly charging up his dragon shot.

"Nn. I guess you are right. Taking her away is way better than the previous agreement we had," says Satanael, confident that he and Kokabiel, with their subordinates, can definitely beat Nakagami, even if he's a powerful individual.

Satanael swiftly strikes Nakagami with his holy-demonic sword, Arondight, creating an opening for Kokabiel to evade the intensified dragon shot. Despite Arondight's dual nature, it lacks the equilibrium found in Kiba's future Sword of Betrayer. Satanael releases a colossal beam of both holy and demonic aura, obliterating everything in its path. Nakagami adeptly sidesteps the onslaught, holding his sister on his shoulder.

"How did you acquire Arondight? Shouldn't it be in the hands of the Pendragons?" Nakagami queries, astonished.

As Satanael continues his assault, Nakagami grapples with the challenge of simultaneously defending against the attacks and safeguarding his sister.

Satanael responds to Nakagami's inquiry, "Let's just say I have my ways, Ouryuu. Now, prepare yourself for the true might of Arondight!"

The intense battle unfolds, each clash resonating with the power of holy and demonic energies, leaving the outcome uncertain.

Nakagami, deflecting attacks, senses someone approaching from behind through his earth veins connection. Swiftly launching earth strikes, he leaves Gadreel gasping for breath as the air is knocked out of his lungs.

Instantly narrowing the gap using earth manipulation, Nakagami closes in on the injured Kokabiel, who remains on the ground. Despite Nakagami slashing at him with his sword, Kokabiel, drawing on years of experience, dodges with pure instinct at the last moment.

Satanael closes in on Nakagami, engaging in close quarters as they exchange sword strikes, creating sparks, dust, and gusts with each clash.

Amidst the chaos, more and more jutshushas fell to the relentless onslaught of the fallens, overwhelmed by their numerical advantage. Nakagami attempted to aid them, striving to kill as many fallens as possible.

However, facing the combined might of the three fallen, including the ominous threat to his sister, he found himself constrained. Finally, Nakagami tapped into the earth veins, connecting with the unending well of ki it provided, complementing his touki. With a resounding howl, he battled against the multitude of fallens and the two Cadres of Grigori simultaneously.

"Aaarghhh!"

However, Nakagami's body struggled to adapt to the new technique. Despite gaining access to an infinite amount of ki from the earth veins, his unfamiliarity with this power made it challenging to maintain the enhanced state. The ongoing battle would have been significantly easier if he didn't have the added responsibility of protecting his sister and the other jutshushas from the relentless onslaught of the numerous fallen angels.

The battle persisted, with the resounding clash of swords and magic echoing in the air. Nakagami unleashed multiple dragon shots and controlled earth spikes, striking down even the fallens in the sky and burying them beneath spiked earthen weapons.

Although capable of causing powerful earthquakes, the presence of his sister and the jutshushas prevented him from employing one of his most potent forms of attack. Instead, he utilized earth manipulation to swap places with his sister and the others, safeguarding them from the menacing grasp of the two Cadres.

With his body adorned with numerous cuts and bruises, Nakagami showed signs of increasing exhaustion as the relentless battle wore on. The excessive use of ki from the earth veins took its toll, pushing him to the limits of fatigue.

[AN: To be honest, I feel like I am downplaying Nakagami by a lot. He's supposed to be a calm and cautious individual. He defeated Tobio in a Balanced Breaker state with only one-tenth of his full power. He's extremely adept in swordsmanship and hand-to-hand combat, as he defeated Tobio barehanded. He could potentially use an unending amount of ki from the earth veins, depending on the place, like the mountains or rocky areas. Compared to that, these guys are just mobs. Let's just say it's because it's still a good few years before that.]

As young Momiji witnessed her brother getting cornered, she desperately racked her brain for a way to aid him, despite lacking knowledge of powerful spells. In a pivotal moment, even though she had never controlled her Longinus or even knew its capabilities, the will of the Longinus sensed her heartfelt emotions and orchestrated a miracle.

The barrier that was put up by the fallens for the second time was again broken, and she could see a man with a rob covering his whole body with jet-black draconic wings on his back as he flew in the sky. With his face concealed by a mask, Momiji could only discern the handsome silhouette, marked by black hair and striking crimson eyes.

[Author's Note: What did you think of the chapter? Feel free to share your thoughts (COMMENTS), and leave a REVIEW. Add it to your favourites if you enjoyed it. I'm open to constructive critiques that help me improve and grow as a writer, so don't hesitate to provide feedback. Thank you for reading!

Give me your opinions so that I can write better!

Unlock Exclusive Content Early! Join my Patreon for just $2 or $5 to read 7 or 15 advanced chapters, respectively!
https://[email protected]/Sol_Pendragon
Change @ to a]

[A/N: How is the chapter? And I reeaallyy neeeed honest opinions on the fights. Otherwise I won't know what to improve on or what I did wrong!]

12