62. Akatsuki’s Worth and a bit of Mischief.
642 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nakiri Clan

Nakagami's POV

When I returned home, the entire clan was already on high alert. Apparently, Father had mobilized most of our forces to look for Momiji. In reality, I already knew something like this might happen. As I entered the house premises, my father was already standing there.

He must have already received news about sighting Momiji and me, as the bandaged and blood-covered jutshushas carrying our fallen comrades were quite eye-catching for everyone in the clan. People were whispering as they watched us. Soon, people from inside came to help carry the bodies of the fallen, and the mood was already quite somber. Father had a furious look on his face. As he rushed towards me, Momiji-chan tried to interrupt him.

"Father, listen..."

"Shut up! You, come with me," he scolded Momiji, pointing towards me to follow him, then ordered the others to check if anyone needed medication and to take care of the deceased.

Momiji-chan shrank back in fear, probably the first time she'd seen him so angry or heard him yell at her. Father had never spoken to her like that before. As I followed, I gestured for her to stay, noticing her trying to gather the courage to follow us.

We walked towards his room in silence. After entering, he shut the door and then looked at me directly in the eye.

"Do you have any idea just what you have done?" he asks me, suppressing his anger, pointing at the window where the deceased and their direct relatives were coming over to see them, as the courtyard quickly falls into chaos.

"Yes, father," I replied quickly, knowing I should take responsibility for my own actions and not look away.

"Deaths are not uncommon in clans like ours. But do you know what we fear the most?" asks father in an even tone.

"Dying a meaning less death," I replied.

"All the jutshushas joined us to exterminate evils, to die on the battlefield with honor, for humanity. But why did they have to die? Just for your own recklessness? If you hadn't done something so foolish, all those meaningless deaths could have been prevented. It's not so easy to be the head of an entire clan, shouldering all their fates, just to be emotionally unstable and ruin everything," he basically yells, every word penetrating deep into my soul.

I was already aware of what I was doing and was prepared for this irresponsibility. All their deaths are on me.

"Who was it?" he asks after a moment of silence.

"Kokabiel and Satanael," I replied.

"Did you kill them?" he asks.

"No," I replied, and my father was visibly displeased.

"What happened to that accursed thing inside Momiji?" he asks.

I then proceeded to tell him about Akatsuki, how he extracted the gears, and about his potions too.

"So she's safe now," mumbles my father, momentarily relieved but quickly reverting to his previous demeanor.

"Are you sure they weren't Phenex Tears?" asks my father skeptically. He obviously wouldn't believe in someone as suspicious as Akatsuki.

"Yes. They were different from the Phenex Tears. In a sense, they were better because there was no apparent exhaustion after the healing," I replied.

After that, he asked to set up a meeting with Akatsuki after finishing up here. He was very disappointed in me, and that didn't even need to be said. He went on to talk to Momiji, ordering me to take care of the deceased myself.

[A/N: As far as I know, Nakiris are the leading clan among the five principal clans. Even though they also have hypocrites, like any other clan, Momiji lived quite a blessed life in the Dome. Her every wish was fulfilled, and she was close to her family. She lived the life of a sheltered princess, in a literal sense.]

*
*
*

Grigori Headquarters, Underworld

Azazel's POV

"How are things looking?" asks Penemue as she looks over Kokabiel and Satanael in the ICU.

"Both of them are brutally beaten, stabbed, and poisoned. There were deep stabbing marks all over their bodies, but I couldn't find any thorns in any of them. The poison is also foreign but potent, even for Ultimate Class beings. So it's very concerning how he managed to procure them. And Kokabiel's tongue seems to have been completely ripped off. We most probably have to use some animal/human tongues and Phenex Tears for him to talk," I replied in one breath, looking over the reports in my hand to an astonished and worried Penemue.

I was also very concerned for them, but their treatment is ongoing. Worrying wouldn't change anything, and I was literally dying to test out the potions Akatsuki gave me. If they were genuine...

"Did he do all this alone? Was he that strong?" asks Penemue concernedly.

"There must have been others with him there previously, based on the surroundings. But who exactly they were, we can only find out after both of them wake up. The aura he was emitting wasn't that strong, at most at High Class. But he could be hiding it, and he could manipulate space based on how he ripped apart space to bring them out from somewhere. But whatever that ability was, it was giving me the chills," I replied, seriously contemplating the matter.

"Who exactly is he?" mumbles Penemue.

After a while, I left the place to go back to my lab. My excitement was pretty high seeing how confident Akatsuki looked. Even if these potions can never measure up to Phenex Tears, if they can at least heal even a little, it will be a huge boon to have a supply of these.

Buying Phenex Tears from the black markets always costs us a fortune as the devils never sell them to us, officially at least. And healing powers are really rare, even for small and mundane things. So these will be the deciding factors on whether we will be friends or enemies with Akatsuki.

After doing some tests, the result was totally unexpected. I couldn't help but laugh like a madman. In my entire biblical life, there haven't been many times I've ever been this excited. These potions are the real deal, and the results are just... mind-blowing!

"Why are you laughing like that?" asks Shemhazai, looking at me strangely as he must have just come in.

"You will too if you look at the results," I said as I showed him the report. To say he was shocked would be an understatement because it was just that revolutionary. It could impact the whole supernatural world!

"Are you sure these reports are real?" asks Shemhazai in disbelief.

I nod at him. Now, I will have to thoroughly look into this to see if we can figure out the formula or not. But we will still have to get in touch with him soon, to get more of these.

"Azazel, you are salivating," says Shemhazai awkwardly.

*
*
*

Kouske's POV

Currently, I find myself inside a dark cave of sorts. Light emanates from within, drawing me forward. As I move toward the light, the entire cave gradually illuminates, revealing a vast array of treasures. From mundane items to rare jewels and gold, it's like a sprawling treasury. Atop one of the treasure piles, a huge pale blue Western Dragon with celestial blue scales slumbers. As the ground trembles, it awakens, opening its deep blue eyes and fixing its gaze on the entrance.

From the shadowy entrance emerged a figure that gradually brightened as it approached—I recognized Vritra in her human form. Entranced momentarily, I watched as she unleashed a powerful blast of Blaze Black Flare towards the western dragon.

However, the dragon countered with its own breath, creating sound waves that reverberated throughout the cave, after the collision. With my best efforts, I remained rooted in place, firmly anchored by the earth beneath me.

As the battle continued with exchanges of attacks, the western dragon eventually collided with Vritra, sending her tumbling outside the cave with a resounding roar. They continued their fierce combat in their draconic forms, causing widespread devastation in the surrounding area.

Eventually, they both stopped and engaged in what seemed like a heated argument, although I couldn't understand their words. Just as the western dragon, most probably Tiamat, was about to transform into her human form, I felt a presence behind me, enveloping me in a soft embrace. Turning, I found myself face to face with Vritra, her beautiful yet intimidating visage bearing a somewhat mischievous smile, her golden-yellow sclera piercing deep into my soul.

"Peeking, are we?" Vritra's voice broke the silence, her grip on me unyielding.

"Not intentionally," I stammered, feeling awkward under her intense gaze.

"Hmm," Vritra mused mysteriously.

Turning my attention ahead, I realized we were now in a different cave. A pang of disappointment flickered within me at the missed opportunity to see Tiamama's *ahem* Tiamat's human form.

"Did you truly long to see her human guise so badly?" Vritra's question hit the mark with eerie accuracy, her embrace tightening, her heavenly melons pressing against my back with increasing intensity. Her heartbeat was palpable, her breath warm against my neck. There was a distinct scent about her, reminiscent of blue roses and silver lilies intertwined.

"Not really, but I can't deny I was curious," I admitted, my instincts urging me to both lie and reveal a portion of the truth.

"Hmm," Vritra responded, her hold on me not relenting.

"You know, in this place, we're connected on a deeper level. I can sense your thoughts if I focus," she continued, her hands tracing my abs as she licked and nibbled onto my ear, sending shivers down my whole body. I also realized that I was in my adult form.

I awkwardly chuckled at her response. Was this my soul's true form? Was it because of my mind palace that I appeared as an adult rather than my younger self?

"Probably," Vritra replied, even though I hadn't spoken aloud, causing me to break out in a nervous sweat.

"Fufufu..." Vrita chuckled, observing my troubled expression. She had been rather hands-on, touching me all over.

"Are you enemies with Tiamat or something?" I inquired.

"Nope. In fact, she's a good friend of mine," Vritra replied fondly, though a hint of rivalry lingered in her tone.

"Then what was the fight about?" I pressed.

"Just a spar," she explained.

"Hmm. But why couldn't I understand anything you two were saying?" I questioned.

"I don't know, but it probably has something to do with my will," Vritra responded.

"So what were you two discussing?" I asked curiously.

"That's a secret," Vritra replied mysteriously, playfully pinching my nipples.

"By the way, what are you even doing?" I questioned, meeting her gaze.

"Well, what you usually do with other girls," she teased, continuing her actions. I entertained the idea of retaliating for a moment, but knowing our deep connection in this place, I refrained as it wouldn't lead to anything good, only prolonging my eventual suffering. So, I allowed her to continue, for now. In response, her smile grew, confirming her ability to understand my thoughts.

"Oh! Are you jealous by any chance?" I asked as I smirked, unable to resist teasing her back.

"Why would I be jealous?" she said, her nails turning sharp as they trailed along my abs, drawing blood. She seductively licked the blood off her finger and lightly kissed my neck, her hot breath against my skin. Her tongue followed the curve of my neckline, causing an arousing sensation.

My body's response was far from docile, evident by the huge bulge on my pants and the rise in temperature of my body. But suddenly, her teeth sank into the right side of my neck, her suction growing stronger. I contemplated retaliating. But just as I turned, lifted her up, and hugged her, my vision blurred, and I woke up in bed next to Lavinia, sporting a noticeable bulge in my pants. Did she just blue ball me? I could hear Vritra laughing in response.

"Fufufu..."

*sigh*

It was still early morning, so I left my bed without waking Lavinia up. Having done this many times before, it was far easier now than it used to be. But what surprised me was that I had somehow transformed into my adult form in my sleep. Maybe it's an aftereffect or something? Something to think about.

After taking off my t-shirt and grabbing some extra clothes and a towel, I made my way to the spacious bathroom adjacent to the hallway instead of using the one in my room. As I turned the doorknob, I caught the beautiful sight of Sakuya, freshly showered and clad in only a towel, drying her wet hair.

Does she not use her own bathroom? Using this one had its own perks, as I was treated to this delightful sight. The sight of her curves and slim body, showing so much glistening skin, was almost irresistible. However, her presence was undetectable. Her concealment skill was incredibly impressive.

"Have you finished watching?" Sakuya asked, tints of red coloring her cheeks, evident of her embarrassment.

"Umu. Thanks for the treat," I replied without any hesitation, noting her deepening blush. I also caught her sneaky glances at my bulge, which only lifted my spirits further.

"Kouske-sama, Reni-chan is still too young," Sakuya replied after a moment of silence. She was already fully dressed and ready in her usual outfit, and I could sense the changes in time, though I didn't augment my senses with it, knowing it was Sakuya's doing.

"I know," I replied awkwardly.

"It's all good then. But what's with the bite mark on your neck?" Sakuya asked, her curiosity evident.

I glanced into the mirror to find the mark. Did it leave a mark even though we were in a mind palace? Did it blur the line between both realities? Something to ponder later. But shouldn't marks like these vanish as soon as they were created? Is my power playing favourites now? Just as I willed it, the marks vanished.

"Don't worry. It's nothing," I reassured her.

"Then I will take my leave," Sakuya said, hurrying towards the kitchen, hiding her blushing face. She looked cute, without a sliver of doubt.

I watched her back for a moment before rushing into the bathroom to splash cold water over my body, trying to calm myself down there. In my heart, I vowed to exact revenge on Vritra for this. Someday, definitely. And I could feel Vritra amused in my head.

[Author's Note: What did you think of the chapter? Feel free to share your thoughts (COMMENTS), and leave a REVIEW. Add it to your favourites if you enjoyed it. I'm open to constructive critiques that help me improve and grow as a writer, so don't hesitate to provide feedback. Thank you for reading!

Give me your opinions so that I can write better!

Unlock Exclusive Content Early! Join my Patreon for just $2 or $5 to read 7 or 15 advanced chapters, respectively!
https://[email protected]/Sol_Pendragon
Change @ to a]

 

 

[PS: We have reached upto my latest updates on WebNovel. So, from now on the updates will take some time. Probably a chapter every 5-8 days! To read advanced chapters ahead of others join my Patreon.]

13