Prologue – Hemopixie
54 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is my first time writing a story so it might not be all that good and updates may be a little infrequent. Either way, I hope you do enjoy it and any feedback that you do have would be greatly appreciated.

This first chapter is mainly here to introduce the MC without any real story significance to the scene, but it should hopefully give you a good understanding of the MC's character and peculiarities.

A cacophony of screams erupts. Blood runs through the streets. The village houses that had taken months to build are illuminated in a fierce orange glow, soon to be reduced to ashes. In the midst of the chaos, atop a pile of ashen rubble, a girl only 157 centimeters tall with short, blonde hair is silently observing the full moon. On her face is a gleeful smile not befitting of the scenery around her, displaying her oversized canine teeth in the moonlight.

That was rather fun. I especially enjoyed watching that guard panic as he was freezing solid from his right side and burning alive from his left, he had such a pitiable expression and it was super fun to watch.

A long sigh escapes her lips.

It's a shame it ended so soon but, what can you do?

Shouts ring out from nearby and a few seconds later, a platoon of soldiers appears from around the corner, led by an irritable and gruff-looking man.

"There she is! Don't let her get away, we'll be heroes if we can kill her!" (Captain)

The girl turns to face the oncoming soldiers. Her smile grows even wider.

Looks like the fun's not quite over yet.

Her hands gravitate towards the two pairs of handguns in holsters on her waist, grabbing one from each pair. In her right hand, a revolver modeled after a Magnum, in her left, a submachine gun reminiscent of an Uzi. Located under the barrel of both handguns, short sword length single-sided blades protrude from knuckle guards over the grips, like a more extreme variant of a bayonet.

"Well then, shall we get started?" (Girl)

"You! We have you surrounded! We will kill you here, and then the name of Alice Roselynn will be a thing of the past!" (Captain)

"My, you're pretty confident huh? Did you not consider that the lack of guards to quell the chaos might have been 'cause of me?" (Alice)

"You damned vampire! I swear I will kill you here!" (Captain)

A light chuckle can be heard coming from Alice.

"Didn't your mother ever tell you not to use God's name in vain? Especially since it wouldn't change the final result anyway." (Alice)

"Tch...Men, get he-" (Captain)

*BANG*

A shot rings out through the area as the nearby fires finally begin to die down, having already run their course. A thin pillar of smoke escapes from the revolver in Alice's hand. The captain's body, now missing its head, slumps to the floor. The captain had died before even managing to grip the hilt of his sword, much less draw it. The soldiers all froze, wide-eyed in shock and terror.

"If you all are going to keep standing there then I guess I'll just go ahead then!" (Alice)

The blood-curdling scream that was heard a moment later brings the soldiers back to their senses, though all of them know not to look at what might have happened to its source, for the sake of their sanity. Still shaken, the soldiers begin to advance once more.

"Come on now, buck up a little! Without the resolve to die you won't stand a chance of even surviving!" (Alice)

An icicle pierces the back of one of the soldiers. Another soldier's head is lopped off by a blade of wind. Another three are burnt to a crisp by a single fireball. Another two are bayoneted in the backs of the head as Alice appears behind them in an instant. Another soldier is pelted with a barrage of bullets from Alice's SMG and another has his heart removed by a shot from her revolver. Blood rushes out of Alice's hands, forming floating daggers that fly into the skulls of six unfortunate soldiers, leaving only six still standing.

"Alright I'll give the rest of a choice. Either I have my way with you and torture you until you lost the ability to live, or you take those swords of yours and end things of you own volition. You have ten seconds." (Alice)

The soldiers only stand there, utterly dumbfounded.

"Ten...nine...eight...seven...six...five...four..." (Alice)

With the countdown nearly over, the soldiers finally snap out of their trance, and after a moment's hesitation, drive their swords through their chests, as they had heard more than enough rumors of what it meant to be tortured by the "Hemopixie."

"That's a little disappointing, I was hoping at least one of them would stay. ...Well whatever, it's probably around dinnertime, so I should probably log off now." (Alice)

Alice performs a gun-spinning trick with both of her weapons before proceeding to holster them and then logging out.


Of the millions of players of the sword-and-magic VRMMORPG titled "Steelfire Prophecy," one vampire was almost always at the forefront of the game's most unpleasant and gruesome rumors. Alice Roselynn, also known as the "Hemopixie," possessed such a degree of infamy within the playerbase that even warring countries agreed to cooperate and share information in the mission to apprehend her, though that was ultimately a fruitless endeavor. The name of the "Hemopixie" was spread and feared throughout the game, and as far as anyone could tell, Alice's only motivation for slaughter was "because it's fun."

0