Shopping in the magical world 2/11
38 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Professor McGonagall! What a coincidence to see you here," the huge figure said in a loud yet cheerful voice, waving lightly to the people in the bar as he made his way in her direction.

"Hello, Hagrid, how nice to see you, but..." She turned her gaze to the pair of children standing next to her, specifically the hooded figure who was clinging to the other boy in a manner both shy and intimate. "Weren't you just supposed to be in charge of guiding that child?"

"Oh, you mean Harry? Yes, he's here beside me; you saw how he's grown; both Lily and James would be proud to see him."

Hagrid's words caught the attention of several people in the bar, who looked with doubt, amazement and undisguised joy at one of the children.

The hooded figure shivered as he noticed their stares, but the other boy calmed him by taking his hand and whispering things in his ear, which, instead of reassuring him, made him more nervous.

"Put that aside, didn't you have to go two days ago as I instructed you at the teacher's meeting?" she said angrily.

"Some problems arose with Dumbledore's assignment at Gringotts because of that..."

"Hagrid!"

"Sorry," he said sheepishly, then looked around at the people around him in panic, sighing in relief as he noticed that everyone was focused on Harry.

John, who had stayed out of the conversation, noticed one of the boys staring at him, doubt, wonder and expectation showing on his face. Clearly, that was the expression of a person who is happy to meet an old friend, but he didn't know that boy.

Even with the characteristic of having a scar on his forehead in the shape of a lightning bolt, he was unable to remember that boy, so most likely this was the friend of an acquaintance of his.

Although he was a little uncomfortable, he addressed him with a polite greeting with his hand, a greeting that the boy with the lightning scar on his forehead returned, but the hand he used made him even more uncomfortable, since it was the one with which he was holding the other boy, who gave him an infuriated look.

"Excuse me for interrupting you both," the bartender said politely to both Hagrid and Professor McGonagall, "but is he, Harry Potter?" he pointed to the boy with the scar on his forehead.

"Of course he is! May my brother's eyes be gouged out by a witch if I'm wrong!" said a disheveled old man furiously.

"Exactly, may my son be unable to find a girlfriend if I'm wrong too!" said an excited old witch.

"Right, it's Harry Potter! The son of the corner ice cream vendor's wife's uncle just confirmed it to me," said a middle-aged witch excitedly.

"Yes! It's Harry Potter!" Shrieked a young witch as she held up a poster with the image of a well-dressed Harry Potter posing with a dashing attitude.

"Harry Potter, it's an honor to have you in my bar," said the bartender with a big smile, "next round is free!" he said excitedly, walking up to the bartender and shaking his hand.

As if on cue, all the wizards approached Harry, shaking his hand and offering him sweets, money, small toys and even pieces of underwear. The latter made Professor McGonagall angry, who started shooing everyone around Harry away.

John whistled in amazement. At that moment, he felt a figure glide past him, seeing that it was the hooded boy, so he chose to ignore him, but the posture of his hands along with his fanatical attitude caught his attention.

"Wow, you can tell he's quite famous."

"Of course," the hooded figure said softly.

Her tone of voice made John understand that this hooded figure was a girl.

"Why?"

"Because it's Harry Potter."

John was stunned to hear the girl's statement.

"Is your little boyfriend an actor, singer, or some kind of famous celebrity in magical or human entertainment circles?" he joked.

"Boyfriend? You think we look good as boyfriends too?" the girl said excitedly as her eyes sparkled dangerously.

John's intuition kicked in immediately and made him realize that if he gave the wrong answer to the girl's question, he would ruin the girl's future or Harry's own, so he pretended not to have heard her and walked straight over to Professor McGonagall.

"Is he some kind of celebrity?"

"It's Harry Potter, 'The Boy Who Lived'," a young witch hurriedly replied with frantic breathing and eyes full of adoration.

John swallowed saliva. For a moment, he felt he saw hearts in said witch's eyes; besides, wasn't she one of the many witches who handed Harry pieces of underwear?

"And what calamity did he survive?" he said as he moved a little away from the witch.

"He faced and killed 'He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named'," the witch replied with hatred and a bit of fear at the same time.

John didn't know how to react, he knew very little about the magical world, but the title of that wizard piqued his curiosity.

"And what's his name?" he asked expectantly.

The people around them were silent, as they slowly moved away from the two of them, the witch for her part felt like crying when she saw John's curious look.

"Is it really that scary?" he asked in amazement as he noticed the look on the witch's face.

"Young Carter, the wizard you refer to, is what the entire magical community has dubbed as the greatest dark wizard of all time," said Professor McGonagall.

Everyone in the room trembled in fear as they listened to her, except for Harry and the hooded girl.

"The greatest dark wizard of all time," John repeated unconsciously.

In the Quelrathar there was a rather mysterious division whose name was known only to the Pope and a few high-level managers. Most of its activities were of a confidential nature, but one of its activities, the reliable transcription of human history, was known.

Documents under the seal of this division had indisputable validity, and although they did not release many documents a year, the few that were distributed could be read by any member of the Quelrathar without fear of punishment.

The report John gave to Professor McGonagall came from this division, as did a certain document that recounted the Quelrathar's most shameful period, one that all the Cardinals tried to erase from history but could not.

That document narrated the invasion of a tenebrous wizard into the main seat of the Quelrathar, a wizard who faced without difficulty all the Cardinals, a wizard who humiliated and brutally murdered Pope Evander Jove, a wizard who faced and survived the siege of the Order of Saint Lucia.

A wizard whose name was considered forbidden.

"Gellert Grindelwald."

2