Shopping in the magical world 5/11
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

John was about to respond, but noticed the looks of wonder and curiosity from the surrounding wizards, so he smiled sheepishly.

"I'm a little hungry; how about going out to lunch?"

Professor McGonagall nodded and took him to a cafeteria that was a few meters away from Gringotts, asking for a table next to a window from which you could see the entrance to that place, after ordering to eat, she repeated her question.

"Before I answer your question, I want to ask you how you knew that I was a member of the Quelrathar and that my origin differed from that of the other children."

"Hogwarts possesses a secret artifact that allows us to find and locate children who awaken their magical power in Britain. In addition to this function, it also has other functionalities, such as detecting family tree, magical potential, and many more, but among them, the strangest is the one that detects whether such children belong to the Quelrathar, marking with different colors their importance in that place."

"I see, then, can you see all my personal information?" he asked worriedly.

"No, your importance in the Quelrathar disabled all recognition functions, for that reason, Dumbledore sent your letters to the Pope and not to you directly."

John sighed in relief.

"Well, regarding your question, it is quite obvious that I am a member of the Quelrathar, and you may not believe it, but per se, my role is that of a hunter."

"Wait. You're a hunter, at your age?" she said, shocked, angry and a little worried. "Are members of the Quelrathar inhuman beasts!"

John couldn't help but feel fondness for Master McGonagall, her reaction had been the same as his when he was deployed on his first mission.

"I thought you noticed, I mean, my appearance when we first met was pretty pitiful."

"In the past, I had the opportunity to visit a Reliere camp with Dumbledore and saw how they trained their recruits; I thought your appearance was due to that, simple training."

"I see, the training of those guys is usually pretty beastly, no wonder I wasn't very suspicious."

"Wait a minute, if you're a hunter, shouldn't you be using aura?"

"Yes," he said reluctantly.

Professor McGonagall quickly grabbed John's hand, frowning with concern as she noticed his disastrous state.

"Does it hurt?"

"Professor, it's impolite to hold another person's hand without their permission, well, never mind, I see you've noticed the problem with my body."

"I've read almost every book in the public section as well as the forbidden section of the Hogwarts library and I haven't seen a case like yours, but I think Dumbledore will have a solution."

"Will he be willing to help me?"

"Of course, as principal he has a duty to protect his students, and if he doesn't want to, he can forget about getting his monthly allowance for his lemon candy and chocolate frogs."

"Thank you."

"I already told you, you're going to be our student; now, explain to me the scene at Gringotts; what you did caused quite a stir."

"Well, let's start by talking about the hunters. The life of a hunter really stinks; you get sent to the most horrible battlefields on missions where the odds of surviving are comparable to winning the lottery, and they are generally considered the rabid dogs of any senior officer of any division of the Quelrathar."

Professor McGonagall looked worriedly at John, who despite saying such terrible things, still kept an indifferent look on his face.

"Mr. Carter..."

"Or so those who do not know of us believe, we hunters are the ultimate; we are warriors of a thousand battles, and that has made us the second-largest elite force in Quelrathar, we are the best of the best, those whose honor and pride surpasses most, those who serve as a sword to mow down the lives of the unwary who dare set their eyes on humanity," he said with total fanaticism in his eyes. "For that reason, for our actions, for our sacrifices, is that reason, for our actions, for our sacrifices, that we are provided with a good lifestyle, although we are not paid, the Quelrathar cede to us all the possessions of our targets and missions, of course, after these have been processed and analyzed by their respective control departments. "

"You seem to love being a hunter."

"I wish, but being an aura user, I have a duty to fight for humanity."

"At what age did you start?"

"At the age of seven."

Professor McGonagall whipped the table hard as she clenched her wand tightly.

"Are you kidding? Who sends a child to fight an adult's fights!"

John stood up startled, trying to calm Professor McGonagall down and apologizing to the people around him for the commotion caused.

"If you put it that way, it does sound rather inhuman, but if there's anything to blame, it's how amazing the aura is and the hundreds of years of theoretical accumulation of the Quelrathar."

"Mr. Carter, they're sending children to fight, that's an inhumane thing to do."

"For the sake of humanity, the necessary sacrifices can be made, Professor," he replied coolly. "Besides, the situation is not as dire as you imagine; every novice hunter is properly supported and trained by members of the DiviSture and Reliere, so it is very rare for a minor to end up dying in battle, and as horrible as it sounds, the faster the new generations are trained, the death rate of any fighting division will be greatly reduced—one life compared to hundreds or thousands; the choice is quite obvious."

Professor McGonagall felt fear, among the things Professor Binns had told her when she took over as Deputy Headmistress, was the fact that humanity had actively ceased the pursuit of wizards to deal with the invasion of an evil race, but after so many years, this had been cornered to the degree that they had to make use of children to survive, so how frightening were the things they faced?

1