Shopping in the magical world 7/11
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Your name is John Carter, isn't it? Nice to meet you; my name is Hagrid, and I'm the Hogwarts Ranger," the giant said with a gentle smile.

"Nice to meet you, Hagrid; you can call me whatever you like," he replied politely. Although they had met at the Leaky Cauldron, Harry's scandal and his subsequent performance with Professor Quirinus prevented them both from formally introducing themselves; doing so in this coffee shop was quite timely.

"John, you may already know him from all the fuss that happened earlier, but this is Harry Potter," Hagrid said, pointing cheerfully at Harry, "and this is Lily Dursley; they are both cousins, and taking advantage of the fact that they lived together, I decided to bring them both. By the way, Professor McGonagall, Lily's letter didn't reach you, and she meets the requirements to enter Hogwarts this year. You should check the owls; they may be doing their job wrong."

John felt his head explode upon hearing this. From his perspective, both children were neighbors or friends from school, but it never crossed his mind that they were family.

Although he had friends and acquaintances who sustained incestuous relationships, it was usually with third cousins at most, so as not to transgress the teachings of the Quelrathar.

For this reason, he was a bit uncomfortable learning of Lily's feelings for Harry. Though he didn't know what kinship they shared, living together was a clear sign that they had to be very close relatives.

As bad as it sounded to many, depending on how Lily's character and social relationships developed at Hogwarts, he would talk to Harry to get his opinion on the matter. If Harry was encouraged to be with her, it would be under his choice; after all, they were not members of the Quelrathar, so their love choices had little or nothing to do with him.

"Lily Dursley?" asked Professor McGonagall in surprise. As Deputy Headmistress she had the names of all the children who would be admitted to Hogwarts that year memorized, and Lily Dursley's name was not among them.

"Yes, that's right, she's Lily's sister's daughter; in fact, they both look very much alike, so much so, that if I were told that Harry was adopted and Lily was Lily and James' real daughter, I wouldn't be surprised," he paused, "no offense, Harry."

Professor McGonagall frowned. Lily's absence from the list of children new to Hogwarts, along with her close attitude to Harry, had led him to believe that she was just a familiar accompanying Harry so that Harry wouldn't be overwhelmed by being in unfamiliar surroundings.

For those reasons, she hadn't paid enough attention to him; besides, both Harry and John were high-profile people; one was 'the boy who lived' and the other a high-ranking member of the Quelrathar.

So it was to be expected that Lily Dursley would be of little interest to her, plus her attire didn't help either, as she was wearing a huge hoodie with the hood up, while wearing a mask, so much of her face was hidden.

John, for his part, felt his head explode again. If he wasn't mistaken by the context of Hagrid's words, Harry's mother was also named Lily, and not only that, but mother Lily and little Lily looked a lot alike.

A simple outing into the magical world had given him the opportunity to contemplate a bloody plot with multiple plot twists. How it would conclude, he didn't know; it all depended on little Lily's performance and whether Harry had the Oedipus complex or not.

"Lily, if it's not too much trouble, can you remove your hood and mask?" asked Professor McGonagall.

Lily looked nervously at Harry, and seeing that he nodded, she slowly removed it along with her mask.

John felt his heart skip a beat. Before him stood a beautiful girl with hair as red as fire, whose delicate cheeks were accompanied by a few freckles that gave her a homely charm. At the same time, under her brown eyes, a mole made an appearance. This and more details gave the sensation of being before a shy but elegant high-society lady who had just run away from home and was trying to camouflage herself by wearing common clothes.

For a moment, he felt like approaching Harry and addressing him as brother, but restrained his urge to do so lest he earn a punch in the face.

For her part, Professor McGonagall was dumbfounded as well as worried. As a loyal follower of Dumbledore, she was well aware of the emotional entanglements that a certain gloomy-looking professor had.

The appearance of this girl, who was between seven and eight points, similar to Lily Potter, but much prettier, made her feel an overwhelming crisis.

In itself, her workload was already high enough, having to serve as teacher, dean, and vice principal.

Now that she had to design a new curriculum and a new school regulation, she had practically run out of spare time until the next school year, so knowing that she would not only have to keep an eye on the students but also on that teacher made her want to give up one of her positions out of frustration.

"Thank you for fulfilling my request. I'm Professor Minerva McGonagall, a pleasure," she said politely, repressing any feelings of dissatisfaction, since after all, the fault was not Lily's, but that professor's who was unable to get over the death of someone after so many years.

Lily nodded, and immediately put her mask and hood back on, and then hid behind Harry.

At that moment, an owl flew in and flew straight to Hagrid, who, after catching it, feeding it, removing the letter it had in its claws and reading it, immediately said goodbye, entrusting Professor McGonagall to look after and guide Harry and Lily, a fact that she accepted without any problems.

After this scene, John invited both children to lunch, and although they both refused at first, the growling in Lily's stomach made them accept.

John continued to talk to Professor McGonagall about various topics that did not involve secrets of the magical world or the Quelrathar, so as not to make the children next to him uncomfortable.

While he was talking to her, John was observing the way Harry ate. Although for many, this small piece of information had no importance, it served him to delimit the people with whom Harry could have made contact in the past.

And the result surprised him; he only knew of one group of people who ate similarly to Harry, and those people could only be the bastards of the Thirteenth Fulminata, his cohort.

1