14 Reasons Why : Chapter 11
61 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Support me on pat_reon.com/kapur69 (Delete "_") for 10 chapter ahead

Disclaimer, i own nothing but my own idea and MC, and i will update on monday, Wednesday & friday.

=============

*Seth POV - PAST

"huffttt…. Alright a little bit more…" I sat and stared at the wall where I had partially applied soundproof foam. I opened a bottle of beer and drank it. "Hmm, beer after work is..."

*Ding Dong*

I heard the doorbell ring, why would someone visit at this time of night? I walked to the door and opened it. "Hannah, come in..."

I saw Hannah standing at my doorstep, smiling at me. "Hey, so how's the progress?" Hannah walked in and glanced around my living room.

"This is not the music room… come on, I'll show you." I chuckled softly, making her slightly embarrassed. "I know this isn’t…"

"Yeah yeah… so welcome to my house, I guess… and this is my music room," I showed her my room.

"Hmm, pretty cozy…" Hannah looked around.

"Yeah, and I will put a sofa there… piano there… you know, synthesizer stuff there…" I pointed out where I would put my stuff later.

"Uh-huh… I see… oh." Hannah just said that as I explained it, which she obviously didn't understand.

"Anyway, why did you come here? Oh, you miss me already, huh?" I said with a pitiful face.

"Who misses you?!" with a small laugh on her face, "I just wanted to tell you that Kat will be moving out tomorrow…"

"Oh, you miss her already? Come here, give me a hug," I reached out my hand to Hannah, which she brushed off. "Why are you the one who offering hugs instead of Kat?!"

"At least I'm trying," grinning to her.

"Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that…" Hannah said shrugged at my words not mind it at all.

"Alright, that's cool, I guess…" I said with a shrug and seeming indifferent, but of course, this triggered Hannah. "Just like that?" Hannah said with an annoyed face.

I looked at her face, "uhm.. I mean, we just met and became friends today, you know? What do you think I'm supposed to do?" I stated the fact, but Hannah didn't accept it. "Can you be a little sad? Or get your emotions out maybe?"

Seeing Hannah like this, I knew she would feel sad when Kat left. I mean, when she talked about Kat being her friend, she boasted about it on the tape. Even when she wanted to approach Justin, Hannah asked for permission from Kat, who had already gone somewhere.

I sighed and put my hand on Hannah's head, "look.. I know you'll be sad, but you'll get a new friend, you know… you can't do anything that will make her stay…" as I stroked her hair.

"I know…" Hannah lowered her head and let me stroke her hair.

"You still want to hug?"

"Pervert."

------------

After Hannah parted ways with Kat with a lot of hugs, where I only bid farewell to her, These past few days, well mostly she came to my house just to bother me, yes, she only watched me work on this music room alone.

“Could you please put your t-shirt on?” Hannah said while eating snacks she took from my fridge.

“What? Are you ‘turned on’ watching my abs?” I joked.

“You know you have a girl in your room right now, yeah?” Hannah said, covering her embarrassment and diverting her gaze.

“Where?” I looked around to find the girl she mentioned. “JERK!”

“Haha, you boast too much, okay? You're just a kid, of course I won't do anything with you,” I said, laughing. Hannah knew that if I did something with her, there would be problems coming my way, and I also didn't want to do something I didn't want to.

“Humph…” Hannah huffed, but something came to her mind, “… so if I'm over 18 years old, you are gonna…”

“I'm gonna call your parents that you are hitting on me,” I said, cutting her off.

“I'm not hitting on you!”

“Your parents don't know that… besides, every girl wants to hit on me, so they will understand that.”

“Ugh!” Hannah grumbled, but she couldn't refute my words.

“Hey, help me out here… don’t just sit…” I said as moving the sofa wasn't enough with just one person, right?

“Don't wanna…” Hannah shook her head. “You… so why are you here?!” I looked at her annoyed.

“What? You don't want me here?!” Hannah countered my words and stared at me seriously. “Of course… not.”

“That's good!” Hannah stood up and walked to the other side of the sofa to help me. “Okay… count on three… 1.. 2… 3…”

“Ugh, which man makes a woman lift heavy stuff?!” Hannah grumbled but still lifted the sofa. “Shut up, kid… put it there.”

“Haaa…” Hannah sighed and sat on the sofa we had moved. “Hey, I need to push it to the wall… move your ass.”

"No."

"Ugh…" I pushed the sofa with Hannah still on it, "WOAHH… hahaha."

After giving the final touches, I turned on the lights. "Nice, right?"

"Yeah, after I worked so hard for these…" Hannah said, looking around the room. "NO… you just sit there and see me sweat, this is the result of my hard work and sweat that I put in."

Hannah just laughed listening to me grumble… I put on my shirt and said, "I need a beer…" but before I left the room, Hannah shouted, "I want diet coke!"

I grabbed a beer and a diet coke for Hannah, of course, beer for me. When I returned, I saw Hannah holding my acoustic guitar. "Hey, teach me with this…"

"No… that guitar is really… really expensive…" I said, taking the guitar from Hannah's hands. "Why you…"

"You can play with this guitar…" I handed another acoustic guitar to Hannah. You wouldn't want to know what type of guitar Hannah was holding before.

Hannah took the guitar I gave her with a pout on her face. "…… how can I play this?"

"Huhh… give it to me…" I tuned the guitar and gave it back to Hannah. "… put your index finger on the second string at the second fret… put your middle finger on the third string at the second fret, and put your ring finger on the fourth string at the second fret… that’s A minor…." I instructed her how to play guitar a little bit.

Hannah did what I told her, until on the F minor chord, she grumbled… "my fingers are going to cramp…"

"What? Already giving up?" I said with a mocking smile. She looked at me annoyed, "Shut up," and tried the chord I gave her again.

Several minutes passed with me teaching her, pointing out her mistakes, and giving directions on how to play her guitar correctly. "If you like, you can take that home…"

"Really?" Hannah looked at me, perhaps she was happy with the guitar I gave her, but I also saw that she was genuinely studying it and not just seeking attention from me.

“Yes… keep learning, maybe you will become a master of this instrument!” I said, sincerely encouraging her.

Hannah's face brightened after I said that. "Alright… thanks."

I ruffled her hair. "What? Are you fallen for me?"

"Tch, who is fallen for you?!" Hannah slapped my hand, and I just laughed. "Are you writing a song? Seeing all your instruments… I know you're an expert in this field, is this your job or something?" Hannah asked because previously I had never told her about my personal life, and she rarely brought it up.

"Well… I've written a couple of songs…" I said, "What is it? Do I know this song?" Hannah asked.

"Hmm, I don't think so… I wrote the song earlier, when you came over to my house… you know, when you had the party…"

"Play it," Hannah said in a commanding tone, handing me her guitar. "What are you? My boss?" But I still took her guitar, and Hannah had a smug expression on her face. "Play it for me, slave… no, that's too much, sorry."

I laughed at her and focused back on the guitar in my hands. "Oops, forgot, I want to record this song first, alright…" I set a recorder to my side and turn it on.

I first tuned the guitar and tried to play it to get the desired notes.

I closed my eyes and entered the zone. I knew that the power of the soul voice I had acquired was starting to work. Hannah, watching me, seemed surprised as she began to feel something sad, painful.

I opened my eyes and looked towards the floor with a saddened expression.

(Ed Sheeran – Happier)

Walkin' down 29th and Park

I saw you in another's arm

Only a month we've been apart

You look happier

 

Saw you walk inside a bar

He said somethin' to make you laugh

I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours

Yeah, you look happier, you do

 

Hannah hear it, feel it, and looked at my face with teary eyes. She feel deeper with my voice hang in the room and all she wanted to do was hug me but couldn't, "why..."

 

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you

But ain't nobody love you like I do

Promise that I will not take it personal, baby

If you're movin' on with someone new

 

'Cause, baby, you look happier, you do

My friends told me one day I'll feel it too

And until then, I'll smile to hide the truth

But I know I was happier with you

 

My voice rose as if to say it didn't matter and to hide my feelings from someone who had moved on with another man. Hannah bowed her head into her lap and cried softly. "Stop it… it hurts…" she feel all I feel right now, hurts, how it feel when you lost someone.

 

Sat in the corner of the room

Everything's reminding me of you

Nursin' an empty bottle and tellin' myself

You're happier, aren't you?

 

With anger that emerged, not from rejecting the fact that she was with someone else, but rather from my own frustration with all of this happening without her by my side.

Hannah looked up at my face, which seemed to say ‘you deserve it’ to myself at that moment, and she just wanted to walk towards me and hug me.

 

Oh, ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you

But ain't nobody need you like I do

I know that there's others that deserve you

But, my darlin', I am still in love with you

 

But I guess you look happier, you do

My friends told me one day I'll feel it too

I could try to smile to hide the truth

But I know I was happier with you

 

My head hung down again, accepting the situation, realizing that she was no longer by my side, laughing with another man.

 

'Cause, baby, you look happier, you do

I knew one day you'd fall for someone new

But if he breaks your heart like lovers do

Just know that I'll be waitin' here for you

 

I whispered as if hoping for something I couldn't express, something I couldn't obtain. And I just hoped...

As I uttered the last words, Hannah stood up and ran lightly towards me, facing me. She hugged my head, still bowed, tears streaming down her cheeks, just as they were on mine, wet with tears I hadn't realized I had shed.

When I lifted my head, I didn't know there was a warm touch on my lips. Yeah, Hannah kissed me.

1