14 Reasons Why : Chapter 19
39 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Support me on pat_reon.com/kapur69 (Delete "_") and read for 10 chapter ahead

Disclaimer, i own nothing but my own idea and MC, and i will update on monday, Wednesday & friday.

==================

*3rd POV - Present

Clay sat in the classroom taught by Mrs. Bradley. He looked at the empty seat that was supposed to be occupied by someone who was currently in the hospital. He looked at it and remembered what happened before, what he did during the incident and what actions he took towards the owner of the empty seat.

Nothing.

Yeah that's what he did.

Or it could be said that there was nothing he could do but run away. He regretted that. He is more like a coward, he likes her but he can't protect her.

{so what came after that kiss... justin?}

Clay remembered what Hannah told him, what Hannah felt during that moment. {.... Not so wonderful...}

{I am not angry that you betrayed me... I am angry that I trusted you in the first place...}

Hannah's voice was heard again in clay's head, he had heard the tape last night, because of this Hannah's voice always sounded in his head. He wanted to meet Hannah after school, but he dared not look at her face.

"We will continue our discussion on nonverbals tomorrow" Mrs. Bradley's voice rang out throughout the room, but clay didn't pay attention to her. Mrs. Bradley's voice rang throughout the room, but clay kept his eyes on the empty bench. "So until then, take notes."

Clay stared deeply at the bench, searching for memories of what he had done to Hannah. He was stupid, he got it, he couldn't feel what Hannah felt back then and he ran away. Not caring about Hannah, or asking if she was okay or if it really happened, No, he didn't ask.

Things come back with tony, tony also knew about the tapes. He listened to the tapes, what happened to Hannah, what Hannah was feeling, he knew.

Tony had secrets and clay didn't know if he could trust him right now, with what had happened to Hannah.

"Clay..." Mrs. Bradley's voice rang in his ears, "Clay!" and the voice came back loudly. Clay woke up from his thoughts and looked at Mrs. Bradley beside him. Bradley who was beside him.

"uhmm... yea?" Clay asked, he hadn't been paying attention to Mrs. Bradley before and without realizing it he already get Mrs. Bradley's attention.

"Are you with us?" Mrs. Bradley said, she noticed clay who was staring at Hannah Baker's empty seat.

"uhmm... yeah" clay said and looked briefly at Hannah's bench.

"okey... pay attention alright..." Mrs. Bradley said and looked at Hannah Baker's empty seat. "Oh yeah, I wanted to tell you all..." Mrs. Bradley said in a loud voice to get the attention of the students in her class.

"I got information from the school that our friend, Hannah Baker, is out of critical condition." Mrs. Bradley said with a cheerful face. She didn't know anything about it but she had a hunch why Hannah Baker would do such a thing.

The students who listened to Mrs. Bradley's words were shocked at this announcement. Some said "that's great", "cool!" something like that to get the attention that they cared about Hannah.

Clay had gotten the information from Seth and was not surprised by it. But he was bothered by the students saying, ‘Since when do you all care about Hannah?’ That was the question that went through his head. But he didn't say it out loud.

"Alright, let's pray for Hannah's healthy and recovery..." Mrs. Bradley said and continued her work until the break bell ringing.

==================

*3rd POV - Present

Clay walked into the school cafeteria and looked around, he was looking for someone involved with all this. Tony.

When he saw him, he walked quickly towards him with anger on his face and confused by all this.

"What the hell Tony?" Clay said as he approached Tony's dining table, Tony seemed to be reading a book and was not surprised by Clay's presence in front of him.

"Hey Clay..." he closed his book casually and greeted clay nicely. "What's the deal?" Clay without answering tony's greeting immediately asked, "How did you get involved with all this?" He looked at tony who was still cleaning up his table’s regardless of clay's tone of voice.

Tony had been friends with clay for a long time, he knew clay's stubbornness so he ignored this. "I am not on tapes if that's what you want to ask..." he looked at clay casually.

Clay didn't just believe Tony "Did you help her do it?".

"No I did not" Tony said and looked at clay "Listen to the tapes Clay" he looked at clay deeply. "Hannah wanted to solve her problem like this."

"How do you know?" Clay looked deeply at Tony, there were so many questions on his mind and wanted someone to answer them.

"I can't tell you that, you just need to listen" Tony said firmly for clay to stop talking and listen to Hannah. Tony hoped that clay would follow Hannah's rules, but he didn't know that clay would follow 'more' than Hannah's rules.

"What if I don't?" clay said heavily and changed her tone back to "What if I can't?"

"Then this will all get worse. Trust me" Tony said and looked away from clay.

"Why? Hannah is not dead." Clay said and looked at Tony this time with a bit of pleasure.

Tony was silent and didn't answer clay. "Why?" clay asked again.

"We're friends, right clay? You just need to trust me. Trust her."

Clay was silent for a while, one good thing was that Hannah hadn't lost her life and would be back. ".... What about mr. olivander?" Clay asked.

"...What about him?" Tony tried to be evasive.

"Why was he in the park? Why did he know that Hannah was in the park?" Clay said frantically, because he didn't know about it and wondered if Mr. Olivander was on this tape? Hannah mentioned his name several times.

"...." Tony paused, trying to think of an answer to clay's question. "I don't know why he was in the park and I don't know why he knew about it."

"Is...is he on the tapes?" Clay asked shakily.

"No" Tony replied curtly. "...all you gotta do is listen to the tapes clay...no more questions" Tony said and stood up to leave clay.

Clay sat silent and watched as Tony walked away from him, Tony could say that because he didn't feel what Clay felt. But unlike clay who liked Hannah, it was very hard for clay to listen to the tapes.

-------------------------------

*3rd POV - Present

{Rumor based on kiss... ruin the memory that I hoped would be special...}

Clay walked through the deserted corridor as the other kids were in their respective classes. He looked down and walked with the memory of Hannah's words still lingering in his head.

{Fact... it ruins just everything...}

He walked with his head bowed and his gaze watching his steps, like he didn't care what was going on around him but there was only something in his head which was Hannah's words.

{as you'll soon see...}

While walking, he felt someone coming out of the classroom. Mr. Porter came out of the classroom and waited for someone to follow him, Justin, who followed Mr. Porter and looked down with his bag.

Clay watched them as they passed by, and justin watched as well. Their gazes met but no words came out of their mouths.

{and stick around justin...I'm not through with you yet}

Clay watched justin, he didn't know what other stories hannah would say and whether it was related to justin or worse related to him.

{most of you listening probably had no idea what you were truly doing... or almost doing.... But you'll find out}

Clay looked at the class the two of them had left and saw Courtney watching him and quickly turned her attention away from clay.

He feels weird about all this, Hannah doing suicide, making a tape, and telling everybody about what we are fucking doing to her! He is angry and somewhat... afraid.

He turned around and saw Hannah smiling at him as if mocking clay and clay of course felt panicked with his own thoughts.

 

1