Chapter 1
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ugh... What is this place..?"

Awakening in a strange room, I found myself inside a massive space hulk, a decaying carcass of a ship. I was wearing the standard issue combat armor of the Estron Military, My hands had five fingers still and my trusty red coat was still on my body, good, nothing was missing. Activating my suit, I took readings of the environment, getting back reading that the air was breathable and that edible food could be found on the ship.

"Fuck where's my Pistol?"

Searching around, I found no sign of my personal plasma pistol, a keepsake from my military years. I gave up my search after a bit and began my way through the halls in search for any form of edible food. Despite our war-like nature, Estonians are purely herbivorous, we evolved to fight due to heavy competition on our home planet.

We have hidden tails with a deadly poison we can inject into competition, as well as blade-like bones that can protrude from our elbows, making us deadly in combat. Of course, most of our race has turned omnivorous due to lack of competition, but many of the Warrior Cast are still Herbivorous, me included. I was a Warrior cast Estronian, meaning my tail was longer, my venom deadlier, and my bone blades sharper.

I kept my tail out in case of danger, prepared to stab any threat with it, only that threat never came, instead I found the corpse of a guard with a Plasma blade next to him. Checking the make, it was short and the plasma that formed the blade was curve ever so slightly, resembling a Tanto dagger, meaning it was Xenzian in make.

Turning the blade off, I placed it on my belt and continued through the halls in search of food. I was of course cautious, but I didn't want to seem too hostile to any survivors on the ship. The small halls eventually opened up into a new room, one covered in head to toe with plants, I walked in awe that such lush flora could grow in a rusty old ship.

I eventually found what I was looking for, a Bresha Fruit, a common delicacy on many Estonian Colonies, they take almost 10 years to ripen, and as such are cared for greatly back on my home planet. Picking the fruit of the bush, I removed my helmet and took a bite, the bittersweet juices reminding me of my mother's bresha fruit pies.

"Roi! Roi! Roi! Don't touch the plants ja! I worked hard to cultivate them ja."

Suddenly a Rukian man came up to me with slight anger in his eyes, Rukian were plant based life forms, meaning they didn't require the consumption of food to live, but cultivated it nonetheless since it served as good business. Shoving the rest of the fruit in my mouth I bowed to the gardener and apologized in the way they taught us.

"O ad jeirzlp vbvie Gruqiekr! I am greatly sorry Gardener!"

"Ot zv smek. It is fine, you are Estronian, Ja?"

"Yes, I am Xena Bushi, Former Estron Military Commander."

"Uh Xrbh! Oh Good! I needed someone to help me guard my crops, I may not be selling them but a strange person keeps stealing small amounts of fruit from my garden, I thought you might be them, but they don't have a helmet on like you."

Placing a fruit in my hand, the gardener didn't give me his name and just left, leaving me stunned silent. I knew that Rukians were non-combatants, but I at least expected him to be able to guard his own crops. I just placed the fruit he gave me in my suits nano-storage and made my way towards the bridge, hoping to be able to find an escape pod on the way.

0