Chapter 9 – We Can’t Go Back
104 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Megan is quiet. Far too quiet. I breathe out my nose as I hang the strips of meat up on a makeshift rack. The skin of this beast will fetch a decent coin, though not at that village. Perhaps it would be better to barter with them instead? Rain falls outside the cave. The sound mixes with the crackle of the fire. Soft. Soothing.

And yet my muscles are tense, and I am irritated by her silence.

"Come here," I say, putting a stop to this. Megan startles and gives me a look as if I have two heads. I hold out a hand and raise a brow when she does not immediately jump to my command. "Come here," I repeat.

"We just got here," she complains with a yawn. "And it's raining out." Megan hugs her knees to her body as she tilts her head to the side. Her hair is woven into two braids now. "Do you ever just relax?"

"There's water in this cave for you to bathe."

She perks up. "A bath? You should have led with that." Megan unwraps her arms from her around her legs and stands. "I took the bar of soap with me."

"You stole from the inn. From the people you wish to help?"

"It's not stealing. I'm using what you paid for." She hesitates, but takes my outstretched hand. "Are there any human establishments around here? Everyone in the town was a demon or something."

"Humans tend to stick to the capital or around it." I cut my eyes at her, but she's too busy looking ahead. Her eyesight is poor in the dark. The bubble of irritation never forms. Curious. I should be annoyed at how weak she is. How she depends on me for the simplest of tasks, but instead only contentment spreads across my chest. "Adventurers travel, naturally, but usually with a party to help navigate the different territories." We come to the water, where the light reflects and casts a blue glow on the cave walls. There's green moss on the floor and a boulder for one to perch on.

Megan squeals and tightens her fingers around my hand. "I know it's gonna be cold, but I don't care." She lets go of my hand and tosses her shirt off. "Are you joining?"

She asks me this now as her pants are down past her thighs and her breasts are free of that strange binding. I run my tongue over the tip of my fangs. "Do you wish for me to join?" There is no danger in this cave. I made sure of it, but letting my guard down is a death's wish. Especially when everything is attracted to Megan.

She's just a human.

I bite back the frown. She is not just a human. Megan is my mate and despite her lack of control, the energy within her is that of a saint. Perhaps that is why the undead wanted her? Why someone hired an assassin? Did they know a saint would appear?

"Does it matter what I want?" She pulls out the wrapped bar of soap from her pants pocket and puts her clothes into a neat pile near the water.

"It always matters," I reply, walking to the edge. I sit down and cross my legs. "You have many questions that you have left unanswered. If anything, I am the one that should be feeling slighted."

"Roharu, be for real." Megan rolls her eyes as she washes her arm. "You just don't want to join. It's fine."

My brows pinch together. Are all human females like this? Say one thing, but mean another? "Come here and turn your back to me." I slide my shoes off and roll up my pants, so they do not get wet. This time she does as I command without hesitation. A droplet of water rolls down the back of her neck. Her skin is smooth. Soft. Much softer than a demon's, but much frailer too. I massage her shoulders, careful to not apply too much pressure on her.

One day, we will need to test her limits.

Not tonight.

"That feels nice." Her head lulls to the side. "Is this a reward for killing that overgrown spider?"

"No. I simply wish to touch you." Her muscles are nothing but knots. Guilt spears me in the gut like a rod. She is my mate and yet I have done little to provide for her. "You are stressed," I comment.

"Falling through a portal will do that to you," Megan sighs. "I was stressed before I came here, though it's weird. I don't mind being with you." She tilts her head back. Her eyes are more vibrant than the moss around us. Worth more than gems. She lifts a hand and caresses my cheek. "It's not fair. I'm the only one naked here."

"All you had to do was ask," I tell her as I scoot back. "Once we are done here, we will get you proper clothing and more supplies." I strip off my clothing while she watches. The cold does not bother me, and I can hunt for what I need, but Megan is human. She shivers unless I share my body heat with her, and the cave floor is hard. Too hard for her. "Come here." I wade into the water and pull her into my arms.

"What's wrong with my clothes?"

"They stick out and draw more attention to us. Perhaps the fabric is normal where you are from, but not here. And it would be wise to have more supplies for you." Megan needs warmer clothing, products for her hair, blankets, and shoes.... I frown at all the additional items she will need. That village is poor and while they may have some supplies for travel, carrying them all will be cumbersome. I will need to procure a magical bag. She taps her finger on my nose.

"What are you thinking so hard about? Your face is all like this." She furrows her brows and makes an exaggerated motion with her lips. There is no fear. No hesitation. Megan says what is on her mind and she does not apologize for it. I tighten my hold around her waist and bend my head closer to hers. "What are you doing?" she whispers. Her heart rate spikes.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Her body plays a beautiful melody.

"Kissing you." I brush my lips against hers before deepening the kiss. She tastes like traces of cinnamon. Spice. She gasps and, like the greedy demon I am, I swallow her moans. I swallow her desperation. I take and take until our tongues are mingled together. Until only her soft breaths and the beat of her heart are the only thing I can hear. Her nipples scrape against my chest as her hands weave through my hair.

She tugs.

I still and then nip her bottom lip in warning. "Careful, little vixen, before I take you here."

Her mouth parts. "I can handle it.... them." She flushes. Her brown cheeks darken. Blood flows to my cocks. They twitch and rise at her words. She has no idea what she is asking of me. "Stop treating me like I'll break."

"Perhaps I am the one that will shatter," I muse out loud. Taking her in the manner that she wants will cement this bond. This bond she has no idea of. I pull away and call forth my shadows. Megan lets out a shriek as the shadows manipulate her and present her to me. "This is what you want?" I palm her luscious thighs. My mouth waters.

She smells divine.

"Well, I didn't think you would bind me—ah!" Her body arches as I taste her sweet nectar. My eyes roll back. The first hit of her on my tongue and I am addicted. This was a terrible idea. Her thighs tremble, fighting against the shadows that keep her bound. I hum as I slide my hands up her thighs and palm the thickness of her ass.

"That's my vixen," I growl, dipping my tongue between her lips and curving it upward. I need it all. My shadows tighten around her, keeping her suspended in the air as I take my fill. I hum as she blesses me with more of her sweetness.

Take my fill?

That will never happen. I'll never be satisfied. I will always want more from Megan. Always want more of her. I want everything. My canines ache. I kiss and nip her inner thighs to soothe the darker side of me. The side that wants nothing more than to sink into her and claim her. To bind her to me for all eternity.

"Roharu, please," she cries out. Megan tries to reach for me, and her arms move slightly. I narrow my eyes. The movement was slight, but she should not be able to move my shadows at all. "Ah!" I nip her thigh, careful to not break the skin.

"You are a greedy little thing," I breathe, pulling her into my arms as I call my shadows back. "Do you want my cocks?" She bites down on her plump bottom lip and nods her head. Not good enough. I grip her hips and drag her along the length of my cocks. "Say it. Beg me." Megan flushes again. Her tongue darts out, wetting her lips. I quirk a brow. This embarrasses her? I chuckle and kiss her frown. "Hands on the ledge," I command, though I maneuver her body around, pulling her hips up and toward me.

Damn.

My hands caress her thickness, and then I cup her cunt, tapping my fingers. She jerks and looks over her shoulder. Her braids are slowly unraveling, much like my sanity.

"You're teasing," she complains.

I dip one finger inside her, followed by another. Fuck. She is tight. Her walls clamp around my fingers. "Beg." I work her slowly, just enough to tease her. Just enough to drive her mad. Megan pushes back, using my fingers for her pleasure.

"Roharu." She gasps. I remove my fingers and press the head of my cock against her. She is not ready for both. Not yet. "Please," she breathes. I ease into her and bite back the groan of pleasure. My fingers dig into her hips. I ease my hold slightly, mindful of my claws.

"Say it," I growl. Need overwhelms me. Megan needs to be as desperate for me as I am for her. I inch deeper into her. Inch by inch until I bottom out.

"Roharu! Fuck," she moans. "Stop teasing and fuck me."

I grin, but there is nothing funny about the thoughts going through my mind. Thoughts of keeping her here. Keeping her with me. The water sloshes, some of it spills on the ledge, wetting the moss while I thrust into her. My upper cock throbs with need. The head is wet with precum. I grit my teeth as I focus on pleasing Megan.

"I can handle it," she says, looking over her shoulder. Her eyes are dark and clouded with lust. "Roharu," Megan begs.

She knows not what she asks of me. I exhale. Nostrils flaring. I reach down and spread the precum along the puckered hole of her ass. She stills. The question hangs between us.

"I will be gentle," I assure her as I slowly push past the ring of muscles. "Breathe."

Megan lets out a shuddering breath. Her eyes squeeze tight. "I feel full." She barks out a sharp laugh. "Though I meant both in my pussy, not my ass."

I thrust into her, rocking her body. "Unless you wish to be bred, this is how I will take you." I pull out and thrust into her harder. Deeper. She whines like a vixen in heat. My balls tighten. Just thinking about filling her with my seed is nearly enough to make me come. "Is that what you want?" I slide a hand up and palm her stomach. "Do you wish to be bred, vixen?" I growl near her ear. She shivers while her walls tighten around me, massaging my cock.

Fuck.

"Oho?" I grin. My brows pinch together. "You like the thought of being mine?" I slide my hand down and play with her nub. She jerks, pushing back against me. "Just one more, vixen. Give me one more."

She comes with my name on her tongue, singing praises. When I come, it's with a sharp laugh as I empty everything I have into her. My head rests on her shoulder. I stay there for a moment, enjoying her warmth as my cocks soften. Megan sighs. Her body sags. We need to get out of the water. I pull out and gather her into my arms.

"Roharu?" Megan wraps her arms around my neck as her head rests against my chest.

"I got you."

 

 

 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter and I hope you have an awesome week. Take care!

4