Omen
31 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sixty”

Tess was in a panic.

“Fifty nine”

Scrambling, searching, anywhere, anything.

“Fifty eight"

She needed to get out, and fast.

“Fifty seven"

They surrounded her home, at least 5 of them.

“Fifty six”

Two at the front door, two at the exits, the final one she saw get out of the van….. She had no clue where they went.

“Fifty five”

Why were they doing this? How was she supposed to know!

“Fifty four”

They arrived at her home a mere 3 minutes ago, from a van, in the street, in the dead of night. 

”Fifty three”

They are armed to the teeth with assault rifles, full plate armor, and night vision too! It was like they were prepped for a war.

“Fifty two”

Tess had no idea what to do. Merely days before this she found out she was a little different than other people.

“Fifty one”

She had a special ability, maybe more, she didn’t exactly know as she merely activated it by accident.

“Fifty”


[Five days ago, in the city]

Tess was walking down the street, a normal day like any other... Well as normal as it can be… Thinking to herself, she wandered aimlessly, noting how the cafe she was walking by was packed to the brim with customers.

Tess thought to herself ‘Maybe I could treat myself to something nice on my day off?’ 

Something caught her eye before she thought of what to do, a child was walking side by side with their parents, she thought to herself how much she would give to go back to those days. A simple life, no worries, no stress, just fun, she reminisced about the past while looking at the kid.

She noticed the child doing little twirls and skipping around the very edge of the sidewalk, bordering the road. Tess thought to herself ‘Well that can’t be very safe, why isn’t his dad stopping him?’

Suddenly, the child slips off the sidewalk into the middle of the road, right as a massive truck is racing through. The truck is too high up to see the child that just fell onto the road.

As Tess sees this she opens her eyes wide with worry and screams “STOOOP”

The moment she screamed stop, everything seemed to freeze for a 2~ seconds where she stumbled forward out of shock. She was unable to do anything but watch as the kid was hit by the truck.

It wasn’t her kid, yeah, but she still felt terrible. She just watched someone die, a real person, a child at that! Her questions about why everything just stopped all faded away as she stared at the corpse.

Bleeding out in the middle of the road as the parent simply cries at their dead child’s side. A wailing siren in the distance speeds its way over to the gory mess in the road, looking away from the body, she notices someone staring at her from within the crowd.

They seemed to have snapped a photo of her face before speedily weaving through the crowd of people gathering.


[1 hour later, SCP anomaly report]


Agent name: ■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■

Purpose: Report of suspected humanoid anomaly

Sitting at a cafe, Agent ■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■ witnessed a child fall into the road. An incoming truck was unable to notice the child in time and ended up hitting them. The subject of interest was in the crowd of civilians who witnessed the child’s death.

The unknown individual yelled the word “STOP” and seemingly ■■■■■■■■■■ afterwards. A few civilians noticed this but made no comment. Agent ■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■ managed to secure a photo of the subject of interest.

[Photo]

Characteristics: 

_____________________________________________

Sex: F

{added after document review, and search of database}
Subject Name: ■■■■ ■■■■■■

{added after review}

Subject Address: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

{added after review}

Age: 18

Hair Color: Dark/Dirty Blonde

Eye color: Blue eyes

Defining features: unusually clear skin

_____________________________________________

Footnote:

Subject is to be detained soon, task force ■■■■■-■ is being briefed - Dr. ■■■■■■■■■■■■, (2/12/2024)

[End of report]

 

[Present time, Tess’ house]

“Forty nine”

Tess was praying to whoever was out there to help her get through this. In the past few days

“Forty eight”

Tess had been practicing with whatever that strange power she had was, looks like it caught some people’s attention?

“Forty seven”

The minute waiting for them to breach into her home felt like hours. She wasn’t even usually awake right now, she imagined what would happen if she was asleep while this happened and shivered.

“Forty six”

As the minute passed, it got closer and closer to one. Tess heard something metallic latch onto the front door, or the handle? She didn’t know.

“Ten”

The metallic clinking kept going.

“Nine”

The noise stopped, she saw something shiny peeking through the door.

“Eight”

It started to glow.

“Seven”

Tess moved out of view of the door.

“Six”

The other entrances of the home had the same metallic things peeking through the wood.

“Five”

She was glad that her windows had the blinds on as she nested herself in a hiding spot.

“Four”

Squeezing into a cupboard she almost yelped in pain after catching her leg on something sharp.

“Three”

Tears flowed in her eyes as she felt the sharp pain get worse.

“Two”

A high pitched noise began to come from the mines as Tess closed the cupboard door.

“One”

As the task force member counted down to one the doors of her house suddenly unhinged themselves, being blasted off their hinges inwards, and without a sound. Simultaneously 4 agents began to sweep her house. Comms open.

“Living room clear”

She heard their footsteps as she held back her tears and groans of pain. A group of two walked upstairs, and the other two began to sweep the bottom floor.

“Dining room clear”

Someone entered the kitchen, where she was. She heard the swift but quiet footsteps sweep the room in one go, not checking anywhere.

“Kitchen clear”

With a sigh of relief she relaxes slightly. But the instant she sighed she realized she fucked up. The footsteps leaving the room instantly came to a halt.

“Noise heard in kitchen, suspect possibly hiding”

The moment she heard this, her heart sank.

3