Elusive
16 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elusive

I've never felt so panicked before. Perhaps it will take a few more days, and I'll be back soon enough. His party doesn't start right now, and it will start tonight. I won't be going, so I'll stay here for a few days. I replied. I could feel something bad happening tonight. Though I haven't felt this, surely something bad will happen to themThis excitement leads to a wrong choice in my life. This evening, I made the decision to join, but now I have a feeling that something is amiss remaining in this area. I walk to the nearby corner. Speaking up to my colleague, I asked him if he felt something weird. Surprisingly, he hooked his head. Peering at me, his blue eyes met mine. "No, it's normal" he muttered to me. I didn't hesitate for a while longer as I ran into Anna and grabbed her by the arm, grabbing her into the bathroom, locking ourselves inside. "I swear... Trust me, let’s get out of here." I say, Anna just gave me a mocking laugh. "What do you mean, don't tell me you're gonna end this party?" She nudged, yanked me aside as she stepped out to the bathroom. I'm speechless, aren't they feeling it too? Aren't they just acting nothing… In the hours that followed, my gut was gradually disappearing, but after we became drunk, I was able to feel my shivers returning. Confidently, I’m not fully drunk, yet a bit sober. As we sat in my room at 11:34pm, catching our breaths, Ann looked at me and said, “Why are you looking so gloomy?” She laughs about it, what’s the funny. Despite wanting to say something, I just gave a low chuckle and turned away. Through the darkness, I peeked through the window. I noticed a dark figure standing in the distance. It was tall, perhaps 6 feet. I found myself lost in thoughts, isn’t that a person? I asked myself. I pulled my friend's sleeve to look out the window, but as she turned her head, the figure vanished. "What the heck is that?" she inquired; I'm not sure whether she saw it. I'm startled and perplexed at the same time. "Have you seen that?" I asked her and she nodded. "Yeah, and abruptly vanishes," she whispered… Somehow my legs were shaking slightly…

 “How was Morgan?” I said

 “He’s alright, he just needs to rest.” 

I nodded, returning my attention to the window. And thinking about the black figure from before. I merely raised my eyebrows and considered if I needed to leave the gathering. Almost everyone here is inebriated. I can't just leave them here. But I've had no option but to let them remain and sleep here. I looked at Ann, who was already asleep. I rose up and went downstairs, where I noticed a few more individuals awake. I smile as I approach Morgan's room. However, before going to my boyfriend's room, I double-checked that the front and rear doors were firmly secured. When I got to his room, I cautiously opened the doorknob and entered. I didn't anticipate. I saw something that left me stunned. The figure wears something more vulnerable. As a deep, unexpected voice whispers in my ears. "Why's she mumbling?" I don't know what to say. Whether I was terrified or blushed. His physique towers above mine. I believe it was Morgan. “I’m scared not”. My eyes widened with disbelief as I looked up. “Who are you?” … The apparition gave me a low, rumbling laugh. "You tell me..." I stepped back to see a man, but his face was covered by the skull mask, his black sleeve shirt and pants are glowing through the darkness.

 

Spice things up for the next chapter?
  • Yes! Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Don't Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2
1