Chapter 19: Huh?
173 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I marched into the dungeon like a madman. I killed whatever the hell came before me. Didn’t matter if it was a goblin, an adventurer, or whatever. I just killed mercilessly and without remorse. By the time some of my senses were back, I was already at the seventh floor with nothing but red on me.

The squire lady was somehow clinging to my feet, dragging behind, while Sen was in the corner, bleeding. At some point they were probably trying to stop me but…I’d lost control.

It was a good thing I went out of my way to come back here. Otherwise, this would have happened in the city. Now don’t get me wrong, I didn’t really care for people much and would have happily absorbed them all. But that would have only made things go south for me. Not only did I not know the extent of people’s strength, I also hadn’t finished assimilating the damn memories yet.

“Still alive?” I said, popping some potions and dumping it on them.

“Yeah,” the squire, what was her name again? Jos? Josie? Yeah, Josie!

“How about you?” I said.

“I’m fine,” Sen said. “I literally just bought this dress you know.” And now it was drenched in blood. “What happened.”

“Shit. Shit happened.”

She let out a long-winded sigh and lost consciousness. Meanwhile, Josie stared at me for a couple of seconds before sighing herself. “Guess this is why I’m not fit to be in your party. I can’t even keep up. No wonder you don’t want me.”

I actually didn’t expect her to follow me into the dungeon. I only meant for Sen and wait, why did I ask Sen? Why hadn’t I just come alone? Am I getting attached?

I’d lived alone my literal whole life. Although I had a tendency to get attached to things at first, I eventually got over that feeling. I learned; nothing lasts in life so it was best to let go.

Yet… “No, it’s not that. It’s just that, if I lose control, I’ll just end up killing you.”

Yet, these two followed me around like dogs.

“I don’t mind. My life’s boring. I’ve left home just to seek excitement, only to realize I don’t belong here. I was considering going back home and begging my father to let me back into the family but he’d probably just send me off some noble’s bedroom in a faraway land. I don’t want to be caged bird… please, let me be in your party. Let us conquer this dungeon and explore the lands!”

It’s not like you’re a character in a novel. I rolled my eyes. Seeking excitement? Life’s all boring? What the fuck was she spouting? It’s not like you have a better reason. That was right. I didn’t have a better one. I was so bored of life, I literally killed myself. No, perhaps that wasn’t true. My dick killed me. But in the end, I did try to. And although it wasn’t because I was just bored but boredom had a major part in it.

So although she didn’t have an actual reason, to me… it was a very valid one.

“Fine,” I said. “But as you saw, I’m not normal. And if you tell that to people, you’ll die.”

“Fine by me.”

That being said, I picked up Sen, or would have but Josie stepped in and offered help instead. I hadn’t paid attention before but Josie was actually pretty well built. I assumed her armor was light and all but it wasn’t. It was literal plate mail and the heavy kind.

On my way up, I gradually absorbed the corpses whenever I could. Apparently, Sen and Josie had collected a fair number of wieners already. So, we didn’t really need more.

Not a single adventurer was in sight, so no one could see me do stuff; their corpses weren’t here either. That being said, Josie could which made things a little awkward. I’ll devour her too if she snitches.

I’d singlehandedly screwed the whole dungeon up and so people didn’t have any jobs for the next three days. People who were still alive that was. I’d massacred about half of the adventurer population within the dungeon.

 “Looks like we’re going to be busy fending off assassins for a while,” I said, as we casually walked out of the dungeon. There were… at least a hundred or so adventurers just waiting for me.

But instead of charging at me or demanding something, they all just parted and fearfully moved away. If they had guts….

Bodies were piled up in the corner. Human bodies. Despite having killed so many, I didn’t feel any better though. I wasn’t rampaging, sure. But I, I could explode any moment now. I did hate humanity and everything in this world but at the same time, the hate wasn’t strong enough for me to go on rampaging.

Got anything for me, Bestiary?

Bestiary: … failing to complete quests within a proper timeframe, increases the risk of the system malfunctioning.

The quest… Oh, fuck.

How’s the proper time frame again?

Bestiary: Usually within 24 hours.

And the absolute limit?

Bestiary: 48 hours.

So I had about twenty.

“Argh,” I groaned.

“What’s wrong? Did you hurt yourself?” Josie said. “Or is it your period?” She whispered.

What period?

My lower half was drenched. Drenched in blood, presumably not mine. Looked hella weird. “I forgot to visit the elves,” I said.

I tried a bit of water magic. Water ball to be specific. I lifted it up over my head and drowsed myself. The blood had mostly dried so that didn’t work.

Instead, I tried a bit warmer water. I could easily control the temperature since I could also use fire magic. I drowsed myself a couple of times and most of the blood trickled away. It was still stuck in the fabric though. Should I just absorb it?

Josie wasn’t bothered by the blood. Sen meanwhile stripped down to her sexy underwear. Wait no, it wasn’t sexy today. Just plain nightwear. The covering kind. Her belly button and knees were exposed though.

Sexy belly button, I guess?

“Yeah, getting rammed by one of them is on my bucket list too,” Josie snickered.

“Mine too,” Sen said.

“Huh?”

“Huh?”

“Huh?”

10