The Start
45 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fixed it

“And then he has the audacity to call me the bitch as if he did nothing wrong and I was overreacting,” Evee continued her rant against her ex.

For those of you reading and don’t know who Evee is Evee is my best friend who I kind of have a small crush on, but don’t tell her that. We met in middle school and we just got along from there. Evelyn stands at 5’6” and has raven black hair that can reach her waist and she typically wears it in a braid that she puts over her shoulder so that it’s at her front. She has these beautiful emerald eyes that I loved to stare at. She looks like a solid 10/10 although I might be a bit biased, although a lot of guys seem to agree with that with how popular she is.

“Stop pretending that you’re the main character in a book or something and come on.” I blink confused on how she knew that and why she’s suddenly by the door.

“How did you know,” I had to ask.

“It’s you, you do it like once a month, I mean you’re the one who told me this,” she stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. “Now are you coming or not?”

“Where?”

“My mom said dinner is ready.” I get up from the bed and walk over as she opens her door. We head downstairs and to the dinner table where her mother just finished setting the table. I really like her mother, she is very kind to me. “Thank you for letting me stay for dinner,” I say.

“It’s no problem, Lyra,” she replies, “Evelyn loves having you over.” We started eating as we all fell into idle chatter. Sometimes I do get jealous of her relationship with her mom, I’m not saying mine is bad by any means, it's just we don’t have the same kind of relationship with each other. Honestly I think that both my parents love my siblings more than me.

“Thanks for having me over,” I say as I’m leaving. “No thank you for listening to me rant,” Evee replies. Sometimes I do wish I had the courage to tell her how I feel, but I just can’t. Maybe someday I can.

“I’m home,” I say as I open the door. It’s oddly quiet as typically dad would come to the door and ask me to do the dishes after we hug and he welcomes me home. I go straight to the dining room/kitchen and see no one there. I continue to look downstairs but see nothing so I head upstairs. I see my brother's door open very slightly. I quietly make my way towards it to see what I can hear.

“Alright you two this is a very important topic so I want your full attention,” I can hear my dads voice say. That’s weird what is this important thing they are discussing. “You know stories about how they have certain creatures and magic and stuff right,” I hear my mom’s voice say, then taking a pause for what I assume is a nod of confirmation from my siblings. “Well, all that stuff is real,” my mom continues. Damn, is she pulling a prank on my siblings, and without me I’m so hurt. I hold my hand to my mouth and close my eyes pretending to be deeply hurt about this.

I hear my brother snort, “Yeah, and I have a girlfriend.” “Oh, congratulations you should introduce us, although I don’t know what that has to do with the topic,” my dad says, I almost sigh at his obliviousness. “Dad, I was being sarcastic.”

“Oh, well anyway your mother isn’t joking,” my dad says. “We have composed what is essentially as bestiary for you two so you know what to expect and how dangerous certain creatures are,” my dad continues as I hear a rustling of paper. “Even if this is true you don’t actually expect us to read all of that anytime soon,” I hear my sister add.

“No of course not it's just for you to reference when you get bored or ever encounter certain creatures, of course we will teach you magic and if you want to we can get you into a magical university,” my mom says. Hold up if this is true then why not tell me or even wait 16 years to tell my siblings. “Since it seems you two still don’t believe us, we'll need to prove it.,” my mom says. I then hear her say a bunch of words in a different language, and then hear both my brother and sister gasp. I can see a little light come from there. I assume my mom set something on fire, with the way my siblings gasped I would assume with nothing.

“Hold on, why wait so long to tell us,” my brother asks. My dad chuckles, “Imagine children running around with magic that's why magic is typically taught in university.”

My sister says in a deadpan voice, “Then don’t teach children magic but still tell them about the supernatural and that they can learn magic when older.” My mom argues, “It’s supposed to be a secret, children can’t keep secrets.”

“Normal people will think it’s just the child’s imagination and their parents going along with it,” my sister retorts. My parents are silent after that I imagine in embarrassment. “Also you said that magic is typically taught at universities, so by your logic shouldn’t you have told us by at least 18,” my brother helpfully adds.

“We wanted you guys to get started a bit early,” my mother says queitly. “So anyways, first I will teach you basic mana manipulation. First you need to look in yourself for an energy, the energy is very subtle at first, but after using it for the first time you should be able to access it easier.” I need to test this.

Sorry if this is bad this is my first time writing anything. 

 

2