Chapter 12: The Morning Blur
377 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kara Danvers stirred from her slumber, her mind still shrouded in the remnants of sleep. Blinking her eyes open, she glanced around her bedroom, momentarily disoriented. It took her a few moments to register that it was Monday morning, the start of another workweek at Catco Worldwide Media.

As she sat up in bed, a peculiar sensation washed over her. It was a nagging feeling that something wasn't quite right. She furrowed her brows, trying to recall the events of the past weekend, but her mind drew a blank. It was as if a fog had settled over her memories, obscuring any recollection of the last two days.

"Did I have any plans this weekend?" Kara muttered to herself, rubbing her eyes as she struggled to shake off the remnants of sleep.

From the living room, the sound of her phone buzzing on the coffee table drew her attention. With a curious frown, Kara swung her legs over the edge of the bed and padded over to investigate. Picking up her phone, she saw a series of missed calls and texts from her friends and colleagues, all inquiring about her whereabouts over the weekend.

"Strange," Kara mused, her brows knitting together in confusion. "I don't remember making any plans."

Shrugging off the strange sensation, Kara dismissed it as nothing more than fatigue. After all, being Supergirl and balancing her duties as a reporter often left her feeling drained. With a determined shake of her head, she pushed the thought aside and focused on getting ready for the day ahead.

Rising to her feet, Kara went about her morning routine with practiced efficiency. She took a refreshing shower, letting the warm water wash away sleepiness. As she stood beneath the spray, her mind wandered, trying to grasp at the memories that was just beyond her reach.

Once she was ready, Kara stepped out of the shower and towelled off, her thoughts still swirling with unanswered questions. Wrapping herself in a fluffy bathrobe, she made her way to the closet.

Kara stood before her closet, perusing the array of outfits with a thoughtful expression. After a moment of deliberation, she settled on a chic yet professional ensemble that perfectly encapsulated her style.

She opted for a fitted, navy blue blazer with a single button closure, the tailored silhouette accentuating her slender frame. Beneath the blazer, she chose a crisp, white blouse with delicate ruffles adorning the neckline, adding a touch of femininity to the otherwise structured look.

Pairing the blouse and blazer with a high-waisted, charcoal gray pencil skirt, Kara ensured her outfit exuded sophistication and professionalism. The skirt hugged her curves in all the right places, falling to just above her knees with a subtle flair at the hemline, allowing for ease of movement.

Completing the ensemble, Kara slipped into a pair of classic red pumps, their sleek design elongating her legs and adding a subtle hint of glamour to her outfit. With every step, the soft click of her heels echoed through the apartment.

As she surveyed herself in the mirror, Kara couldn't help but feel a sense of satisfaction at her choice of attire. With a final adjustment to her collar and a quick swipe of lip gloss, Kara deemed herself ready for the day ahead but still, she couldn't shake the feeling that something was off.

"Maybe I'm just overthinking things," Kara muttered to herself, pushing aside the lingering doubts.

Making her way to the kitchen, Kara prepared a quick breakfast, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee filling the air. She poured herself a steaming cup and took a sip, relishing the familiar taste as it warmed her from the inside out. Settling down at the table, she glanced at the clock and realized she was running late.

"Hmm, better hurry," Kara muttered, grabbing her bag and keys before rushing out the door.

The bustling streets of National City hummed with activity as she made her way to the Catco building. The morning sun painted the cityscape with warm hues, casting long shadows across the pavement.

Despite the odd sense of unease lingering in the back of her mind, she walked with confidence, her Supergirl persona hidden beneath her mild-mannered facade.

As she approached the Catco building, Kara couldn't shake the feeling that she was forgetting something important. She paused on the sidewalk, racking her brain for any clues as to what it might be, but the answer remained frustratingly out of reach.

"Guess it wasn't important," Kara shrugged, brushing off the nagging feeling as she pushed through the revolving doors and into the bustling lobby.

Kara's work outfit:

Spoiler

Kara's work outfit

[collapse]

 

3