Chapter 6: Notice Me, Rue
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Evan

 

I first met Rue when I was still studying at Great Summit University. I was a freshman, and he was a senior. I was taking forensic science, and he was majoring in criminology. There, we met in a small gathering to welcome the freshmen of the Criminal Justice Department.

The moment I saw his face, my heart skipped a beat. He was so pretty; the prettiest man that I have ever seen. His skin was pale, his nose was pointy, and his lips had a pinkish hue. His eyebrows were thick, and his eyes were a beautiful pair of hazel with the mixture of gold, brown, and green.

Seeing that he’s not really interacting with the other students, I approached him and introduced myself. That’s how we became friends.

His beauty could be quite intimidating. Because of this, I initially thought he might be snobbish, but he turned out to be someone who’s bubbly and always looking for excitement. He looked like a fierce wolf, but he’s actually a jolly sheep.

At first, I was only enamored by his appearance, but the more I got to know him, the more I appreciated his beauty as a person– the way he moves, the way he talks, his personality, everything. I started to love it all. And the moment I realized that I hate seeing him sad and pouting is the moment I know that I’m falling in love with him romantically.

It was my first time loving someone, let alone a guy, so I don’t really know how I was supposed to act, but I know that I’ll do everything in my power to keep him happy.

So, one day, during an athletic meet, when I saw him sitting and sulking in the corner of the field, I asked him, “What’s wrong? Why are you pouting?”

He answered bitterly, “I wanted to join the relay team, but the team’s already full.”

I bent my knees to match his eyes. Then, I asked, “Do you really want to join the relay team that much?”

He nodded his head. He said, “Yes, but I can’t join them now.”

After hearing his response, I needed to excuse myself because it was my turn to play badminton. But, after the match, I looked for a player in the relay team. When I saw one, I hit him with my motorcycle. Of course, after “accidentally” hitting him, I needed to pay his hospital fees for the injuries that he sustained from the impact. Though, it was worth it. Because Rue was able to join the relay team. They even won first place in the relay competition.

Then, when I saw Rue stressing over an examination because he was not able to study because he was so busy, I sneaked into the faculty room when no one’s there to put insulin in his professor’s coffee.  As a result, his exam was canceled because the teacher was rushed to the hospital for very low blood sugar. Rue was so relieved that he even hugged me. I was relieved too because I was not caught. I could be charged with attempted murder. Fortunately, the CCTV cameras around the faculty area are broken.

Then, there was a stray cat on the campus. Rue always fed it. But, one day, the cat scratched his arm. When I saw blood gushing down his arm, I rushed him to the school clinic. I also urged him to get an anti-rabies vaccine as soon as possible. I wanted to stay with him in the clinic, but I excused myself that I needed to go back to class. Though, it was a lie. I actually excused myself to look for the cat. When I hunted it down, I cut down its throat, tied a big rock on its body, and threw its dead body in a river near the campus. And when Rue didn’t see the cat on campus anymore, he started crying about missing it.

I said to him, “It probably felt guilty that it hurt you, so it went away.”

Of course, I can’t tell him that I actually killed it. However, after a week, fortunately, Rue moved on and became jolly again.

And, when Rue graduated college, I gave him a phone as a gift. It’s still the phone that he uses up to this day. I know because I can see all the activities coming from that phone. From his call history, to his social media accounts, and the videos he watches. I know all of it. If I want, I can even access its camera 

That’s why when I saw from his browsing history that he’s interested in pottery, I immediately shifted from painting to pottery. Of course, he doesn’t know that. He’s not even aware that I’m artistic.

I kept the business card of the Earth Pottery to give to him if an opportunity will present itself.

When we finally became colleagues and started working together at Bay Area Law Enforcement Agency, I even fell harder. I started noticing the little things.

The first thing is his scent. When he’s around me, I can’t help but notice his scent. He smells so good, it’s addicting. He smells like vanilla. His scent is making me want to eat him up.

Then, his pale skin. His skin is as pale as a paper. I can’t help but wonder how my tan hands would look like exploring his pale body. But I know that it’s going to be so pretty.

And his pinkish lips. Those luscious lips. God, I want to taste them. Rue is so loquacious that I just want to shut his mouth with mine.

The more I look at him, the more I can’t control myself. I just want to pin down, tear his clothes apart, and fuck him until his ability to walk is gone.

That’s how strong what I feel about Rue is. So, when I saw him pouting in my uncle’s office, lamenting about the lack of cases in our jurisdiction, I started killing people so I could give him something to do. I hate seeing him bored and sulking. I want him to be happy and energetic. And I just love the fact that after only two killings, he already knows that a stalker is killing them and not a serial killer. It’s only a matter of time until he notices that it’s me.

I can’t wait. I only want him to notice me. I only want him to know that it’s me. That I love him so senselessly, I’ll do everything for him. That I can even kill for him just to keep him happy.

And now that we just came from the party and he’s sleeping soundly next to me in my car, seeing him weak and vulnerable is making me want to take advantage of him. But I chose to give him a little nudge to wake him up.

I said to him, “We’re in front of your building, Rue. Wake up.”

Then, he slowly opened his eyes. He looked out of the window to check our location, and he nodded when he confirmed that we’re, indeed, in front of his building.

“Thank you for bringing me home,” he uttered, smiling.

I smiled back and said, “It’s nothing.”

He opened the door of my car and took a step outside. Before he closed the door, he said, “Again, thank you for bringing me home. Take care, Evan.”

I watched him go inside the building to make sure he’s safe before starting the engine of my car again to go. But, instead of going home, I roamed around the area to look for my next victim.

This victim… is going to be the last one.

I’ll make sure that after this one, Rue will know that it’s me. 

Notice me, Rue.

0