Chapter 5 – An Attack (3)
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Arghh!"

A large figure heavily landed on Kaiji's back and thoroughly pressed him down the ground.

"Ahh!"

It was as if a giant boulder, weighing over several dozens of pounds, was atop his back— completely crushing him.

"O-oh..."

The large figure used his arms to upheave himself up to stand and stepped to the side, revealing the now crushed Kaiji.

"I...I apologize."

Simonne, who simply watched by the side, recognized the figure to be the huge knight that offered them a free ride a little while ago. Bloodstains tainted over his originally silver armor, and was now glinting in a red bearing. All of the blood, however, didn't seemed to be his.

"Why are you he—"

Simonne tried to ask, but his question was soon answered by a loud battle cry from the distance.

The direction where the sound came from, later revealed a man with a long brown hair that cascaded over his shoulders and a strong physique accompanied by a large crimson sword.

It was the coachman from earlier.

"He seemed to be the leader of their group."

The huge knight said as he stared at the person before him.

"I didn't quite expected that there would be knights here." The man said as he slowly trodded the gap in their distance and leisurely spun his sword in the air. The sword gleamed as it reached the apex of its flight in the air and brightly reflected back an eerie red hue at the nearby surroundings. Along with that, was a cold smile that came from the sword's wielder. "However, it was just too bad that you've came across me."

After that, he broke into a run, speedily heading towards the location where Kaiji and co. were in.

The knight also smiled back, but nonetheless, didn't say anything much as he also charged forth.

Seeing that, Kaiji couldn't help but suck in a cold deep breath in amazement. Even just their speed, which seemed to be unreachable for a normal person to achieve was already that astonishing, just how strong their battles prowess would be? Not to mention, that the huge knight was still wearing a heavy armor that weigh for only god knows how much. Kaiji was now awestrucked.

Simonne, on the other hand, widened his eyes for a moment but still maintained his composure as he watched by Kaiji's side— and a faint smile even emerged from his face.

But Kaiji could no longer bother with Simonne as he goggled at the two of them finally met each other and clashed in a ferocious manner.

*Clang*

The two swords connected with each other and produced immense sparks as they heavily strucked one another.

Trying to outspeed his opponent, the man with the brown hair quickly threw out a chop at the neck of the knight, that seemed to be the only place vulnerable to physical attacks because of the armor covering almost all the other parts of the knight's body.

The knight, however, did not stop his opponent even after knowing what he will do but instead, smiled in a strange manner.

*Thud*

The attack landed. But everything that happened after wasn't what the man with the brown hair had expected to be.

His attack should be able to break down hard bricks and even make a metal bend in its supremacy, not to mention just a flesh. He should've died now. But seeing the knight before him smile even wider with not a trace of a single pain, that thought was immediately crushed.

Wait... Does that mean that his flesh was even more tougher than a metal?

*Shing*

But his train of thoughts abruptly halted as a white flash passed through his neck.

The knight closed his eyes and silently muttered something before he opened his eyes again after and sheathed his broad sword behind his back.

The body before him slowly fell down. *Thud*

It was at this time that everything in the village went into an odd state of silence.

Unknowingly, all the guards and knights, and even the enemies that were into a battle all stopped what they were doing and went to watch the two of them fight. It was because that the two of them were the leaders and the ones considered to be the strongest in both of the forces. It could be said that the winner of this battle could also be considered as the one who already won the entire battle. And the loser, on the other hand, would lose their strongest warrior, lose the one that commands them and, ultimately, lose the entire battle.

And the ones who lost this battle was the invaders.

*Cheers!!*

All of the knights who have seen the spectacle, cheered at the top of their lungs and raised their hands high above.

While all the remaining invaders' complexion were all gloomy— they all silently stepped back, trying to use the celebration of the knights as a distraction for their escape.

But how could the knights just possibly not notice such a conspicuous move?

"Raaaagh!"

With a great boost in their morale, the knights all charged up towards the now escaping invaders and attacked. 

1