Episode 10
21 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Episode 10

Melin made an absurd expression.

She was told to swear allegiance.

It was an absurd demand in exchange for one duel, and that was a summary duel that limited his strength.

Above all, hasn't she already sworn allegiance to the Dark Demon family?

The 'Lord' who received her loyalty was the Nordian Duke, the Demon Lord, the head of the Dark Maga and an 8-star absolute demon.

"You know that this is an impossible condition, right?"

"well. "I don't think so."

Chris shrugged her shoulders.

"If I become the 'Confucius' of the Dark Maga, it wouldn't be impossible for you to follow me."

Confucius.

This refers to those who have been recognized as having the right to succession among the lineage of Dark Maga.

There are currently five people in total, and they are creating their own faction within the family and competing for succession.

Of course, all five of them were descendants, and none of them had collateral ties.

"You, the collateral, are Confucius? "That is impossible."

"Do you really think it won't work?"

"!!"

Chris lifted the corner of her mouth sheepishly.

She lowered her tone.

"I think it will work."

Melin swallowed her saliva without realizing it.

Something about her felt different from before.

A thrilling sense of tension.

Heavy air.

Melin recited the identity of the energy flowing from Chris as if she were moaning.

'Overwhelmed.'

Melin made a face saying it was ridiculous.

I know things have changed.

The being in front of her is no longer the same idiot as before.

But what about intimidation?

This wasn't simply a matter of talent.

The feeling of intimidation was something that had to be of that level.

But the kid in front of me didn't have any qualifications.

then.

'You were born with it?'

Melin's eyes fluttered.

Sometimes such a thing exists.

Beings who are born to rule over others. Born rulers.

As such people grow up, they naturally develop an intimidating sense of looking down on others.

'why?'

Melin was confused and shocked.

Meanwhile, Chris looked at Melin's reaction and internally shrugged her shoulders.

'Arthur. 'The experience I have accumulated so far is different.'

Vice-captain Melin.

Although he looks young on the outside because he has suppressed aging with magic, he must be at least close to 40.

Previous life, I was older than Chris.

However, Chris experienced the period of great turmoil for a whopping 10 years.

He experienced countless things and accumulated countless achievements until the Light Faction was destroyed by the Demon Empire.

Before he joined the group of warriors, he even briefly rose to the position of leader of a large group based on his outstanding abilities.

Therefore, he was able to show as much intimidation as he could to put pressure on Vice-Captain Melin.

Chris thought Melin was halfway through and decided to drive a wedge.

"Of course, I know this is not an easy decision to make. It is also not something to be decided through a duel with limited power. So let's do it this way."

"… what do you mean?"

"You will have a duel with me in a month. Instead, compete properly without any restrictions at that time."

"!!"

Melin made a puzzled face.

It was a suggestion that I did not understand at all.

"If you don't limit your power, there's no chance you can beat me."

"I guess so."

Chris didn't deny it.

No matter how genius he was, there was no way he could win against a 4-star demon in just one month.

'Even in my previous life, it took me three years to reach the level of the Four Stars.'

The level expressed by success becomes exponentially more difficult the higher you go, and the gap in skills becomes extremely wide.

but.

"Sometimes an egg can break a rock."

"!!"

"Please watch over me for the next month."

Chris looked Melin straight in the eyes.

"Over the course of a month, watch how I look, what I accomplish, and how I ultimately change, then judge. "Am I worthy of your loyalty or not?"

Melin was silent.

What did she say? She couldn't open her mouth.

'What are you going to do with just one month?'

One month is a very short time.

No matter how genius he was, time was limited.

Although that is common sense.

but.

"… All right."

Melin answered:

Even she herself couldn't understand.

"… "We'll watch for a month."

For some reason, she had a feeling that the being in front of her might accomplish something unbelievable.

Chris smiled.

"I won't let you down."

* ? ?* ? ?*

'Good!'

Chris, who returned to his room, was inwardly delighted.

I achieved everything I wanted in today's duel.

He showed off his strong power and changed the gaze of the demons, and also figured out how 'mud swordsmanship' is performed.

And the most important thing.

'I succeeded in shaking Melin's heart.'

Melin is a very important person.

Unlike others, the Dark Demon is from the main family.

Chris intends to devour her entire dark demon family beyond the Ka-Zar family, so making her his will be of great help to her.

'Regardless of that, Melin will become a very famous mine.'

During the Great Rebellion, Melin had become a high-ranking demon of the 6th level.

6 stars.

A state called 'master'.

So, she must make her her own person.

'Of course, it hasn't completely come over to me yet, but one month is enough.'

Her her and her promised her a month.

In the meantime, he intended to accomplish many things.

'First, the Black Swamp Library.'

Black Swamp Library.

It was the place where the dark magic secrets of the Kajar family were kept.

He went to visit his father, Count Khazar.

"Here is a letter of recommendation from Vice-Captain Melin. She won the duel with the vice-captain and received it."

"… … ."

His father, Count Khazar, looked embarrassed.

It was natural.

While he was considering selling it at the family register, his son completely changed.

"… "You defeated the demons of the Black Swamp Knights in a duel?"

"Yes, we won because the horse people lacked the basics. The Black Swamp Knights were nothing special either. "I need to pay more attention to training."

Count Kazar shook his head.

Nothing special.

Of course, the opponents that Christian defeated were people that Count Khazar knew.

Although the level of magic power was not high, they were definitely not the ones to listen to such stories. They devoted themselves to training and were stronger than others in terms of basic skills.

Moreover, among the opponents my son defeated, there were some who made no sense.

Christian defeated Vice Captain Melin.

'I can not believe it.'

No matter how much their power was limited, it was something that could never happen.

To him who couldn't believe it even after hearing her news, Melin admitted.

She said she lost.

And the story she added.

'That guy is a genius?'

Even, she added one modifier.

It's a talent you can't believe even when you see it with your own eyes.

Count Kazar gave a look of disbelief.

"Why do you look at me like that?"

"I remembered a rumor I recently heard about you."

"The rumor is that he's a genius? That's right. "I didn't know, but I think he's a genius."

"… … ."

A statement without any trace of humility.

Count Kazar let out a laugh.

'Looking at that indifferent attitude, it seems like nothing has changed.'

No, no.

Although it looked the same as before, it was definitely different.

Before, Christian was a mean dog. A wretched, ugly man who couldn't even make eye contact with his father on such a topic.

But the son standing in front of him now was so proud that it was almost arrogant.

If I had to make a comparison, he seemed similar to the arrogance of a wild beast.

'Am I crazy? 'That guy is a beast.'

Count Kazar forced himself to think that way.

He has a lot of times in the past where he had high expectations and was disappointed, so he is trying to force himself to think negatively.

but.

'… It seems like things have really changed this time.'

Count Khazar narrowed his eyes.

How many days was the longest he pretended to change?

A week, ten days, fifteen days?

Anyway, regardless of the period, there was something decidedly different from before.

That's right, the eyes.

His son had never looked like that before.

"… Here is the key to the library. "You understand that the books inside must never be taken outside, right?"

Chris nodded his head.

"Then let's go."

"… okay."

As I was about to close the door and leave, I heard a hesitant voice coming from behind me.

"… "Can I trust you this time?"

Chris turned his head and looked at his 'father'.

I could see Count Kazar's eyes shaking slightly.

It was 'paternal affection.'

'Because even demons have family affection.'

Although their values ​​were different, demons were still human.

'Maybe he's a much better person than my real father.'

Chris recalled his previous life, his 'real father' who abused him in his family.

His real father had a great reputation on the outside, but in reality he was trash.

Before escaping from his family, he had to go through a hellish young life because of his 'father'.

Compared to that trash, Count Kazar, even though he was a demon, could be said to be much more like a father.

So it was.

This is what I thought.

"Look forward to it."

Chris lifted the corner of his mouth.

"I'm going to surprise you."

I wanted to see those eyes filled with astonishment.

* ? ?* ? ?*

I headed to the Black Swamp Library.

'Banshee', the librarian of the library, greeted him.

[Oh hoho… . do… Yeon… hurry… Come… .]

Chris had a shocked face.

'Why on earth is a ghostly banshee in charge of the librarian?'

This banshee was even a banshee, like his maid!

"Aren't you my maid? "When will you buy it?"

[uh… what… no way… that… Do you have an exclusive desire for me? The chest… Excited… I see.]

"… shut up."

[Even harsh words and actions… too… You are ecstatic.]

"… … ."

The banshee burst into laughter.

After listening to the explanation, it was said that the banshee was originally the guardian and librarian of this place.

Then, as a way of punishing Christian for always behaving badly with his servants, Count Kazar made them serve him.

[if… Master... Exclusive to me... If you want to… Only you… From the side… I will serve you… Oh hoho… .]

"No, that's enough. go back."

[I can only imagine being monopolized by the master... chart… My heart is pounding... I'm so excited.]

Chris made a disgusted face.

'If I get rid of the bad reputation, they will always be the first to pick me back. Become a pure-blooded human, unconditionally! I hate vampires too! 'This was not the life I had hoped for from a prestigious family with a silver spoon!'

Before returning, he imagined.

He said that if he becomes a member of a prestigious family, he will live the luxury of having others help him without having to lift a finger.

He still looks roughly the same.

The problem is that ghosts do it.

Every morning, a ghost woke me up with a strange whisper that I didn't know if it was a curse or something, served me meals due to a poltergeist phenomenon, and changed my clothes with the touch of a chilling spirit.

That ghost even tried to take a bath. Although I barely refused.

This was not the luxury of a golden spoon he had hoped for.

'It's pretty with a ghost theme, but that makes it even more eerie!'

2