Part 6
1.2k 17 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the days that followed Japhrim's visit, Ivy and Azara would discover that they were in possession of a lot of money. Selling that much jewelry would take some time, but the idea of opening a restaurant actually seemed feasible now. They opened a new account to put all that money into and began saving.

Ivy still remembered the date they met, saying it was really hard to forget, and that it had nearly been a year since then, and with the money they had in savings, they decide to celebrate by buying a small space downtown. They spent all their free time refurbishing it, and also did some advertising. The advertising done had a minor magical coercion in it just to get people interested, courtesy of the coven. Soon, they were ready to open.

They quit their jobs and were quite busy at first, but soon things settled down into a slower rhythm. One day, Japhrim stopped by with some other demons in human form, saying "Try my daughter's food!" They did, and soon they had a steady clientele of demons formed as well as humans. More witches moved into the area to associate with the demons, and the little restaurant they had would eventually go on to grow into a place for demons and humans to meet and exchange things between realms, but that was in the future. It would also go on to serve meals with magic ingredients and foods that were literally out of this world. Ordinary humans just thought it was a place strangely-dressed people enjoyed eating strange food.

Now that they were settled, Ivy and Azara finally got around to planning their wedding, more than a year after they actually got married. Claire was very excited, and was with them every step of the way. She was especially excited to help pick out dresses for everyone. At the altar Ivy and Azara exchanged vows. Ivy's was about how Azara turned everything she thought she knew on its head and made every day fun. Azara's talked about how Ivy saved her from a life she didn't know was lacking. During the reception they spotted Penelope flirting hard with Japhrim, who didn't seem to mind the attention.

One day in the distant future, Ivy finally took notice of some changes happening to her body. She had two bumps on her head, and when she looked closer, her irises seemed visibly narrower, as if they were becoming slit. No one had noticed because it was such a slow, gradual change, but she had begun taking on demonic traits. Her constant closeness with a demon caused her to slowly get used to and absorb Azara's magic over time. Azara said she could easily become a complete demon with a little magical push. She agreed, and suddenly there was a large furry dragon in Azara's living room. Though, unlike Azara, this new demon was black-furred. She learned how to turn back into a human form, and they renewed their wedding vows.

Hi everyone! Thank you for reading! This was my first foray into writing for the first time in a long time and I struggled in a lot of places but I still did my best. Hope you enjoyed this little story. Oh, and here is the cover by the way.

79