Chapter Tonka: Digging in the Dig Site
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

        Feya, still brokenhearted, returned to hers and Maisie’s room and flopped down on her bed. She pulled up pictures of her and Victoriya on her phone and studied them for thirty minutes. War sucked. Why did every human confrontation have to end in violence? Victoriya and her parents were innocent, like so many others. Heck, Melody was innocent; yet the CP and her family still treated her like crap. Feya swore—what had the world come to?

        Daisy ducked under her elbow and licked her. They remained close until the door unlocked again, and Maisie and Melody stepped into the room.

        “Hey, Feya,” Melody gently stated, “Maisie and I talked, and we’ve decided to have a little G.N.O. at the Dig Site.”

        “Re-Really?” Feya sat and glanced at Maisie. “You’re giving her a chance, May?”

        “For you, Fey.” Maisie blushed with her words and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

        Feya blushed, too, which led to Melody saying, “Aw, look at you two. Are you ready to make up now?”

        No. Feya and Maisie crossed their arms and turned away from each other.

        Melody sighed, but Feya said, “Let me put on my bathing suit.” Gosh, she just had to open her big mouth.

***

        The Dig Site was located on the North End of Coronado and was the largest pool at the resort. It came with a water slide, the Iguana Arcade, a bar, the Explorer’s Playground, and a hot tub. It was indeed a paradise for any Disney Guest. Unfortunately, because it was so far away from Casitas 1, Feya couldn’t make the entire walk with her prosthetic. Therefore, she used her wheelchair for the second half of the trip.

        Melody didn’t change into a bathing suit, but it made sense for a spirit. They likely didn’t have the most extensive wardrobe. Feya, though, wore a blue and pink two-piece with a clear sarong and Maisie a one-piece. Daisy had stayed in the room, so it was just the three girls.

        They found three chairs in a shady pool section beside a small bridge and the kid zone. Maisie and Feya laid out their towels and slathered on sunscreen, offering it to Melody.

        “I don’t need to worry about burning as a… you know…” Melody kept her voice low. She sat on her pool chair and rubbed her palms on the cloth. “Oh, wow. I had forgotten how cozy these chairs are.”

        Really? Feya didn’t think they were all that cozy, or maybe that was because they scratched against her prosthetic. She got in the pool quickly but stayed away from the deep end because she couldn’t swim yet—not after only one day of physical therapy.

        She and Maisie kept their distance and waded like Sandhill Cranes.

        The pool water felt like a bath because it was so hot, but it didn’t stop Feya from leaving it and slipping into the hot tub for just a few minutes.

        It appeared that Maisie had the same idea. She entered the hot tub area from one end, saw Feya, and trotted away like a child who knew they had done something wrong.

        “Maisie!” Feya called. She crawled out of the hot tub and chased her, ready for her next adventure.

0