42. First Seal
113 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haaa!"

'So this is how murderers feel?' Renjiro thought as he entered his home.

During the fight against the enemy genins, Renjiro killed three of the six genins they faced. Two of them were the ones he was initially facing while the other was one of the two Aiko was facing. 

After he was done with his opponents, he moved to help Aiko and then they helped Hiro finish his opponents. While they were facing the last two genins, Aiko killed one of them bringing her kill count to two and Hiro's to one.

'I know this is a kill or be killed world but it's just hard to adjust to such a thing on the get go. But there are countless things that I never thought that I'd ever do that I've done since I came here. 

Like working out. I am not saying that it is the same thing. But maybe things get better from here on.'

Renjiro was trying whatever he could do to cope with the situation. Spending close to four years in this new year did not instantly overwrite his memories, behaviour and beliefs he had when he was still on Earth.

'It was either you or them, Renjiro. Today it might have been them, but if you continue wallowing in this self-pity it might be you next time.'

With a slap on his cheeks to remind him of the stakes and that he should get his head back to the game, Renjiro felt reassured of better days.

'What to do now... It's still late in the afternoon, so I should first meditate then maybe I can work on my ninjutsu or Fuinjutsu.'

Renjiro sat down in the Lotus position and got into his mediation. In as much as it helped him fill in his chakra reserves, which were drained with them travelling back, it was also a calming experience for him.

Afterwards, he did a light workout consisting of the usual Stretches, a hundred squats, sit-ups and pushups followed by a ten kilometer run (6.2 miles). You know, a Light workout.

Feeling satisfied with the changes the whole process brought to him, both physically and mentally, Renjiro decided to start making seals on his own. 

He had already begun his practice on storage seals and after Kushina's commendation, he now felt confident in his abilities. With the ink and parchment at hand, he was now ready to make his first seal.

The initial attempts proved to be daunting, each failure showing the complexity of Fuinjutsu. Renjiro persisted through the setbacks, fueled by the desire to master this art and add a new dimension to his repertoire of abilities.

Countless hours were spent experimenting with various configurations, each attempt refining his understanding of the intricate interplay within the seal matrix. But Renjiro did not give up, he was trusting the process.

'I got the seal matrix, right, that I am sure of. But why is it not accepting the chakra that I am infusing? Is there an issue with the chakra pathways that I made?'

After a series of trials and errors, the breakthrough came with a successful creation. 

'I finally did it!'

A surge of accomplishment coursed through him as he witnessed the tangible result of his efforts. The intricate dance of symbols of the seal now flowed with a newfound harmony creating the storage seal that he had worked so long to make.

Eager to validate the practical efficacy of his newly crafted storage seal, Renjiro engaged in a meticulous testing process. He carefully selected a few non-essential items, items that wouldn't be missed if the seal failed to function as intended. 

Channelling chakra, he activated the seal, entrusting it with the task of securely storing the chosen items. Fortunately, the seal worked as intended. The items vanished from view, seamlessly tucked away within the concealed space defined by the Fuinjutsu.

'Does it have a limit to the storage space?' Renjiro thought as he continued adding items to the storage seal.

As he continued, Renjiro felt a tug deep within him. It was a very uncomfortable yet unexplainable feeling.

'Is this my chakra reacting to it.'

'Blip!'

The storage seal was torn, and all the items Renjiro had entered to seal appeared.

'It does have a limit! But that was obvious, otherwise they wouldn't sell as they do. Everyone would just survive with one storage seal.

But wait! Does my chakra act as an imprint that notifies me when it is almost full? I guess that's the only feasible explanation for the feeling I had earlier. 

If it is, then this world is blessed because it has the best form of security if they could somehow implement chakra signature recognition. But the fact that Zetsu can mimic chakra signature invalidates that idea.'

Renjiro continued with his experiments by seeing the restrictions on what types are allowed. Food and other inanimate items were allowed. When he tried to store a living thing by using a rat he found, when he retrieved it, the creature was already dead.

Renjiro also tried to see whether he could store ninjutsu on the storage seals. It would be great if it did so because people would no longer monitor their chakra reserves' levels whenever they fought. As long as they stored their prepared ninjutsus, then they would be fun.

Despite the idea having so much utility potential, it did not work. The Jutsu just dissipated whenever he tried to store it.

'It is kinda using energy to store energy but in a weird way. Anyway, Fuinjutsu is hard. It is basically like assembling part of a car, but you aren't told how the parts work. They just expect you to learn as you go. At least that's what I got from the book at the library.'

After all the tests, Renjiro decided to share his achievement with someone whose expertise in the field he deeply respected. That person was Uzumaki Kushina. 

He made two more storage seals and carefully secured the sealed items. Renjiro made his way to Kushina's place with a blend of excitement and anticipation. 

Since he had already gone there numerous times, he already knew the way. After flickering a couple of times, Renjiro arrived at Kushina's Quarters. 

As he approached Kushina's room, he could hear muffled sounds. Although they knew each other, they did not know each other so well that Renjiro could simply barge into her room like a friend would do.

Their relationship was that of a master and disciple, sort of. So Renjiro was required to show the bare minimum etiquette during their interactions.

"Knock, knock, knock." Renjiro rapped on the door.

After numerous unanswered attempts, Renjiro wondered, 'Why is she not answering? Let me just enter.'

Renjiro opened the door to the same view he always saw. The only difference was that there were two people in the room.

"When I told Sensei that-"

"Hmm? Renjiro?! Are already done with your mission?" Kushina asked as interrupted her guest.

'It seemed that she had a guest. Wait!' It was then that Renjiro's gaze fell on the guest. It was a familiar face. 

=====

Your Reviews and Comments about my work are welcomed
If you can, then please support me on Patreon. 
Link - www.patreon.com/SideCharacter
You Can read more chapters ahead on Patreon

8