Prologue – Down to the Rabbit Hole
140 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The monster at the entrance and middle part of the dungeon isn’t a match for the two girls who were engaging them. The seemingly energetic girl with a height above average and subtle yet firm muscles on her arms moved fast to throw fatal punches away, which caused the monster to fly or just straight slam the dungeon wall instantly. She gave out an impression of a lion female by her animal ears on her head and her stylish hairstyle tied into a thin, long one. Her chest size was terrific enough to cast an unaware guy’s gaze, yet she had no problem swiftly evading and crushing her enemies.

 

More skeleton-type and snake-type monsters show up, trying to ambush the bright, cheerful girl. But she knew it was coming and moved accordingly to block the monsters’ attack and counter their futile attempt. Most of them almost lost consciousness because of her kicks.

 

The other short black-haired girl with her appearance strongly emitted the aura of a dignified ancient Egyptian while holding her staff and was taking her time to walk, as if walking down the aisle while maintaining her charm and dignity and letting the guest witness her greatness. But this time, there were no kind guests, and her magic was scattered away randomly, hitting the ones that she considered enemies with their bodies either evaporating or getting a huge hole. So many monster’s materials dropped as she proceeded gracefully, following her hasty friend who opened the way for her.

 

The floating camera recorded most of the scene unfolded before it. The two ladies took the leisure to defeat most of the hostile organisms blocking their way. Both brutally and elegantly mixed into one.

 

“That’s a nice combination you showed up there, Clara, Tafnekha!”

“Combination? If I may comment, what Clara has been doing is a rough sweeping, leaving the monsters whimpering on the floor, begging for their parents. Through my spells, I finished them all, leaving no room for later hassle.”

“That’s so straightforward of you, Tafnekha. I’m trying my best here.” Clara pouts with a shrug. She still threw her clenched fist towards the snake-type monster that came behind her suddenly without batting an eye.

“Easy there, Clara. If that’s your way to save your focus and energy, then I will not say anymore. We still have this dungeon’s master to beat. Let’s pace up our pace.”

“But well, you’re just amazing, Tafnekha. You walked down the dungeon while handling the monsters with closed eyes.” Clara wondered.

“Despite me closing my eyes all this time, now is the moment when you decide to ask me about that, Clara?”

“Hehe, just a random curiosity. You don’t have to answer if you don’t like it, Tafnekha!”

 

Clara was going back to sweep more monsters who were coming because of the uproar, while Tafnekha giggled a bit with a finger in front of her lips.

 

“Sometimes I opened my eyes too. And you’re aware of that, silly girl. Yet, adorable.”

 

At another place, a few couples of kilometers from the dungeon. Someone was using a screen floating in the air with a clear view of the situation and the color. He tried to control the floating camera to get the best footage possible of the two girls fighting to break their way down or zoom in on the monster’s pitiful expression when Clara’s fist was breaking through their bones while Tafnekha’s spells damaged their minds.

 

“Are you girls sure that you don’t need my help?” The guy asked to reconfirm.

Tafnekha is looking in the camera’s direction with eyes closed. “You don’t have to trouble yourself, Angga. We’re the controller of the situation right now, at least when the dungeon’s master isn’t around.”

“That’s right! You see how I squashed those monsters? Splash! Splash…” Clara’s voice is getting increasingly incomprehensible because she keeps moving away while punching many unfortunate monsters.

“You don’t have to worry, Angga. Your only job is to capture our graceful state while killing those monsters. Rake those Supports in, dear. We definitely need your help to accumulate those resources.”

The guy smiles wide. “Don’t worry. I’ve got you covered for that part.”

“I’m counting on you.” Tafnekha nods slowly and continues her leisure walk.

 

Angga accessed another window to see some data that he needed. Besides the camera capture view and the live stream window, there is an engagement window for Angga to assess the current viewer and Support he got. The view is reaching 50k views, with the amount of Support gathered steadily increasing. He smiled in satisfaction.

 

“Our funds for this raid are almost covered in half just by the Supports alone, not counting the potential amount of the material drops. This is great! That means I must get more and more amazing shoots.”

 

Having Clara and Tafnkeha in one frame surprisingly boosted his view rate. And it goes without saying that the more his view increased, the more Support he gained from those who live beyond the sky.

 

At least everything went to his expectation since doing dungeon raids was rather dangerous for those who were not properly prepared. Also, thanks to Tafnekha, this raid seems like a walk in the park–to the point that Angga felt slightly bad for Tafnekha.

 

“Hey, Tafnekha. I know that maybe this place isn’t the usual place that you go. Is that okay, tho? But, of course, I appreciate your willingness to come here.”

 

Tafnekha’s magic spread was hitting a wall repeatedly in a disordered manner, seemingly error at first glance. But as the wall tore because of the repeated damage, the creature behind the wall was exposed and not ready for the magic attack. Tafnekha killed the monsters with the same magic without any second thought while she continued to walk and look in the camera’s direction.

 

She smiled slightly. “As you said, this place is less challenging so that I almost yawn. But you should always remember that participating in your conquest and Clara’s is my main priority. You know, looking at Clara battling the monsters is pleasing to see, right?”

“I’m honored to hear that.”

“Don’t be. Just a casual banter.”

“Hey, Tafnekha! Can you walk faster? I think we already defeated all of the monsters here!”

 

Tafnekha paced up her feet and slowly met Clara, who was waiting with her hands on her waist. When Tafnekha was close enough, Clara grinned wide as usual.

 

“You can still go, right? The legendary Tafnekha should be able to face this place alone.”

“Don’t be silly. In fact, you’re the most powerful force here. Without you, I’m just a weak spellcaster.”

Clara giggled like an idiot. “Aww, now you made me feel pumped up again. Okay, I think this door is the place where the dungeon master is. Are you ready, Tafnekha? I need your help here since my instinct is telling me this one is a real deal!”

 

The door before them has a strong barrier spell preventing any adventurer who previously challenged this dungeon. Tafnekha came closer and touched the spell, and it dissipated for a few seconds. 

 

As both of them arrive at the vast hall, a hostile roar greets them while the view counts and the Supports are spiking instantly at the Angga’s live stream simultaneously.

 

“Alright, girls. Unleash your skills to your heart’s content. I’m focusing on getting the best shoot we’ve ever had. Also, please come back alive.”

 

Clara exchanged glances with Tafnekha, even though Tafnekha always kept her eyes closed. But somehow, she noticed that.

 

“Don’t worry, Angga. We’re going to conquer this dungeon shortly and safely.” Clara grins.

“We’ve heard you crystal clear. And I plan to do that from the very start.”

“It’s because…”

 

Clara and Tafnekha getting ready as the dungeon master makes its entrance.

 

“You’re my amazing boyfriend!”

“You’re my dearest lover.”

 

A new series that I'm about to start after considering what kind of story I enjoy the most to write. Turns out, this story will be the one I'll have fun with.

2