Chapter 7 – Project City Hall: Repose Lodging
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Here we are!” The lion girl shouted in joy at the sight of the designated place. 

 

The two had arrived using a sea wyvern carriage. When they stepped outside, Angga’s eyes somehow sparkled as he observed both the half-seen sea wyvern and the carriage again. 

 

“Hmm? I know, right? Anyone could be amazed by this carriage special to Sea Plain folk, especially those mermans or mermaids.” Clara teased Angga, who couldn’t stop recording the whole carriage.

“Yeah, of course. Magic is pretty amazing, you know. I meant the carriage had a pretty comfy interior just for the two of us, and the bumps on the road were almost nonexistent! Is it perhaps because it’s using a water bubble as the base instead of a wheel.”

“Yes, you're right!”

“Also, what’s with that sea wyvern? It can swim on the land! Is that the ability of the creature?” Angga reconfirmed. 

 

The sea wyvern is currently idle with half of its body inside the ground, while the border of its body and the soil moved like a water splash.

 

“Usually, sea wyverns can only swim in the water or sea. The one before us can do it on the ground because of the Sea Plain folk’s spells.” Clara answered, a little bit unsure.

“Okay, I understand. You guys are just amazing. Now, let’s see.”

 

Angga finished with his admiration towards the carriage. As he turned around, what was before him was an expansive building with a few levels of the floor and many windows visible. Without a doubt, it was a Repose Lodging, the inn that was supposed to contribute more income to Canau Town, which barely has guests at the moment.

 

Looking back, when the two were still in the city, Kai excused himself since there were some things that he needed to supervise. The merman told them that he already contacted the inn’s staff to help with whatever Angga would do.

 

“Alright, Clara. Let’s go inside.”

“Uhn!”

 

The entrance wasn’t that special, but it gave a distinctly warm and fresh feeling when Angga could see the see-through door as the mermaid staff welcomed him and the lion girl in. The receptionist and lobby area weren’t halfway bad since he could tell immediately that Repose Lodging’s theme is closely associated with the sea because of the ornaments and the wall’s design. He can even see some fish swimming outside the window even though they’re not underwater.

 

The staff was also very welcoming and friendly, just like the standard of any hotel in Angga’s world. They swiftly helped Clara to bring her luggage to her own room. They also offered all support since they heard Angga would help them to raise the number of the inn’s occupancy.

 

“I will see around this place to see what it can offer. Maybe I can get a guide to introduce everything about this place?” requested Angga.

“With pleasure, honored guest. This way.”

 

Angga was flustered when the mermaid called him that, while Clara grinned wide, genuinely enjoying the service.

 

Basically, the two were looking at the lodge’s room services, restaurant and delicacy the lodging has to offer, hot water bath, and the possible view that could be seen from here. Everything seems excellent, and Angga rated it a great experience for this lodging. It’s just like his thought that this place only lacked a promotion, and it’ll be something that he can do to improve the situation.

 

One thing that he has yet to try is an electrical massage stone. Basically, this lodging has wide areas with a lot of vegetative decoration, with big, long stones placed down so the guest can lie on it and enjoy the green scenery while having an electrocuted massage.

 

“Is this thing…safe?” asked Angga since he was unsure about the lodging facility.

“You don’t have to ask! Look over there!” Clara pointed with excitement.

 

The merman staff who were cleaning one of the stones noticed that someone had pointed towards him. So, he nodded and adjusted the water bubble around his head and neck. He proceeded to lay down on the said stones.

 

“It’s safe, honored guest.”

 

Clara was also currently using one of the stones when Angga checked on her. She made a relaxed facial expression as if all of the fatigue from the trip this morning had blown away.

 

“Uwaahh… this is nice…”

 

Looking at those two made Angga muster his courage to try the electrical stones himself.

 

When he leaned, a surge of electricity quickly covered his body, making him shriek a little. But it got better the seconds after. Angga slowly enjoyed his massages while closing his eyes to feel the sensation through his body. This is genuinely an otherworld electro-massage!

 

When the sun was going to set, the human guy already in his own room sat in front of the table while drafting rough storyboards using paper and pen. He scratches his short hair to indicate that he has his brain running to find a great concept for his plans. 

 

In the middle of the second storyboard, someone tall but feminine entered Angga’s room with a few big meats on top of the tray. She put the tray on the table as Angga quickly put his stuff aside to give more room for the girl.

 

“Evening, Angga! Look! They also have a lot of tasty meat in their restaurant! Since we’re helping them, they are giving us free stuff. Isn’t this great!” Clara shouted in excitement.

That tall girl quickly devoured a chunky portion of the large pieces of delicious meat, only with a few chews, as if she were starving, even though they both had lunch together today. Angga secretly admired Clara’s tummy endurance in terms of meat food.

 

“Hey, slowly, Clara. You don’t want to get choked on your food by eating that fast.”

“It’s okay, it’s okay! I’m quite experienced by it.”

“Well, alright. I guess it’s kinda expected from a lion when they saw a juicy meat in front of them.”

“Hmm? What is it, Angga?” Clara was too focused to rip that delicious cooked flesh.

“No. It’s nothing.”

“You seem troubled. Is it because you were at a loss for what you were to do? In that case, you need more energy to rack your brain to find the solution!” 

 

The lion girl shoved a big portion of meat with its huge bone in the comical size as if Angga had seen a 3D print of a meat asset for a game. But the meat before him gave him an alluring smell that made him want to try even though he was still full. To the point that Angga is focused on the meat now while Clara grinned in victory.

 

“You haven’t tried this one at lunch before, right? Here, you can have some! Let’s speed up our dinner time.”

“W-Well, if it’s okay with you…” Angga hesitantly picked one of the piles of meat.

 

It was when he realized that he didn’t know how to eat it. There was no spoon or fork to help, only a big tray with a pile of meat while a lion girl happily chomped a nice amount of it.

 

“So there aren’t plates, forks, or spoons?” asked Angga, seeming in trouble.

“Whaa–! You don’t need that. Look at me.”

 

She opened her mouth wide, and Angga noticed just now that she had two pairs of sharp canine teeth to help rip apart her meat. That explains why Clara could handle those piles easily. It also goes without saying that he can’t mimic that; that’s what he thought.

 

When he tried to bite and pull a part of it away, he couldn’t do it.

 

“Eh–” Clara just noticed that perhaps it’s difficult for Angga to enjoy this kind of cuisine, “I’m sorry. I’ll contact the staff to provide the utensils.”

“You don’t have to. Usually, an inn always provides it somewhere in this room since it’s a part of a service room. Let me search it for a bit.”

 

Clara also helped Angga to find the eating utensils if there were any. Yet, he can’t find it in the apparent places that were easy to reach. Angga started to doubt the quality of this lodge’s room service.

 

He focused on the long wooden box on top of the wardrobe. That’s the only place he hadn’t checked so that he would pick the box. But it’s pretty tall, so he had a hard time.

 

“Let me help you.”

 

Clara moved closer and pressed Angga to the wall while he faced the wardrobe. A pair of squishy stuff pounded his head as the lion girl quickly reached the box and checked its contents.

 

“We found it! Apparently, they stored the utensils in this box, Angga!”

 

When Angga turned around to see the lion girl, he noticed that his head was at the level of Clara’s chest. He instantly blushed.

 

“Hmm? What’s the matter? We need to find a knife and fork for you to eat the meat, right? Or do you need something else?”

“No! It’s enough! Thanks… Clara.” Angga smiled stupidly while facing another direction, trying to control himself.

“Certainly! Now, let’s feast on the meat of this inn!”

“Yeaahh!”

 

Angga tried to match Clara’s energy to divert his mind and focus back. Still, damn. It’s hard for him to forget the glorious sensation of that squishy feeling just now.

 

Now that he has the necessary utensils, Angga quickly shoves those meats down his throat. Its rugged surface is something that his teeth need to adjust. Yet, what came afterward was another flavor that was alien yet acceptable to him. It was his first time tasting this world’s meat, which was enthralling. It made him quickly devour more and more pieces of meat, but the most he could do was eat half per piece.

 

“I’m… full.”

“What? But we still got plenty of meats here!”

“You can have it…burp.”

 

Back to the matter before him, Angga quickly focused on making a relevant storyboard. Yet, the girl who originated from this land noticed what he did and leaned toward him to understand more. 

 

A few minutes passed, and Clara still didn’t understand what Angga was up to.

 

“Angga, I don’t know that you can draw.” praised Clara earnestly.

“It’s not much. Enough to give the client a hard image of what I’m going to do. If you don’t know about this, it’s called a storyboard.”

 

The lion girl didn’t say anything until Angga glanced at her, and she only gave him a stupid grin. He sighed with a smile, knowing full well that this kind of thing was alien to Clara.

 

“So, I’m planning to make a video advertisement. It is a type of content that aims to promote something, which is a solution I came up with within my abilities. To produce the video, I need to discuss my ideas with Kai and wait for his approval. That way, we can make a video that serves my purpose and Kai’s liking.”

 

He showed Clara three sheets drawn with boxes on them. Each paper has a different drawing inside the boxes, showing sequential scenes that were hard to comprehend at first glance. But the longer Clara looked at it, the more she started to understand.

 

“Maybe you want to study drawing more, Angga.”

“Thanks for the advice. Anyway, the only thing I want to do next is wait for Kai to come here. Can you help me to tell him to come here by tomorrow?”

“Sure.”

 

She picked up the leftover paper and wrote something on it. Then, she opened the window and threw the paper that magically flew away.

 

“I sent some words to him. He'll come here tomorrow if he has nothing else to say.”

“This is my first time seeing how someone sent a text in this place. Thanks a bunch, Clara.”

 

That made him wonder if the recording orb could not be used as a video call device or something, so Clara had to resort to that method.

 

“You’re welcome. Now, we can wait for Kai to see if he has something to say about it.”

 

Now, both sat before each other while Clara was still munching on her meat to finish her food. After all, it’s terrible to waste that delicious food.

 

Fifteen minutes have passed, and nothing has come into Angga’s room. So they called it a day and took a break in their respective room.

0