Chapter 13 – Something That She Aspire To
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Still at the tavern, Angga surveyed the situation again while the woman before him turned into a beast because of the smell of those chunks of meat. Then, he returned to the owner, who noticed he had brought a weird-looking bottle in front of him.

 

“Sorry, owner. But may I have your little time to taste this drink? I’ve tasted it myself, and it was pretty good, in my opinion. But, perhaps the tavern owner who excels at making drinks that everyone here loves has another opinion,” greeted Angga politely.

The Sharp Teeth owner glanced towards it as he put some wooden glasses on the tray. “My first question is, why are you offering me a drink at the tavern where I sell my own drinks?”

“Aah–about that,” silly Angga, he didn’t think it through, “I happened to have this offer to advertise a beverage product and need you to drink it so I can record it. Who knows if it’s popular? I can refer them to supply it to you at a low price so you can make a profit by selling it here.”

“I see. So you’re one of the video creators out there looking at your needs to record me.”

 

The owner scratched his jaw, thinking of something.

 

“Yeah, just like the Resources Guild members. Anyway, how? What do you think with that offer?”

“Yeah, it’s an interesting one. Alright, so is this alcohol?”

“It is not. But, a juice. A rather refreshing beverages, right? We got this strawberry, banana, and mango flavor. You can pick anything you want.”

“What flavor, again?”

“Strawberry, banana and mango?”

“Weird naming. Are you sure it’s delicious, or at least not upsetting my stomach?”

 

It just came to Angga that the fruits of this world might be totally different from those in his world. So, those three flavors were alien to this kingdom's citizens, and there was a high chance that most people here would reject his offer to try the said beverages. Angga envisioned that he could have a lot of footage of people here trying the juice, but knowing this fact may change how he expected the shots he would have.

 

“I’ve tried it myself, and it’s good! You can trust me!”

 

Angga stared hard at the owner's doubting eyes. After a few seconds of reconsideration, he finally picked up one of the beverages presented before him. Of course, Angga’s camera was ready to shoot on his right hand at any time. 

 

“A weird bottle,” he commented as he examined it first before unplugging the bottle to drink it.

 

His eyes widen only with little sips. And then, the owner looked at the bottle again before putting on a few more glugs.

 

“This is something that’s out of this world. How come something could be so refreshing like this?” he commented for a bit before continuing to finish his juice.

“Right?” Angga got excited. The owner’s initial reaction was such a piece of good news, so he got his hand steady.

“Hi, owner! I’ve delivered the last order before our break–woah, what is this?”

 

The Sharp Ear waitress’s attention was now directed towards a single empty bottle and two others with their own color. The bottle’s design was enough to make her wonder which one she should pick.

 

“This is interesting! Are you the one who brought this to the owner?” asked her towards the human guy.

“Yep, it’s a fruit juice. Feel free to pick the samples that you want. But in exchange, I want to record you for my content. Is that alright?”

“Yeah, sure! Anyway, kind gentleman, may I know your name? I’m Grecan, the waitress of this tavern.”

“I’m Angga. Just a video creator. Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you, Angga. Also, I want to pick this pink one!”

 

Now, Angga was taking the footage of how this cheerful waitress tried a drink that was not from this world. Of course, her reaction is within his expectations. So, he wanted to capture every reaction from her. He also knew that Grecan’s ears flinched a bit whenever the flavor hit her good.

 

“It was pretty delicious! I hope the owner also sells this kind of beverage! Too much alcohol isn’t good for anyone’s well-being, you know?” said Grecan towards the owner.

He cleared his throat, “that will be considered. But alcohol also heals the hearts of my customers. That’s the main reason why you can work here.”

Grecan pouted, “Phuh, you’re not fun, owner. Anyway, Angga, what a magnificent drink! I hope that you’ll bring more.”

“Hehe, sure. But for now, I’m focusing on making content.”

 

Due to Angga’s delicious sample juices and his big purchase–the lion girl was still feasting–the owner allowed him to spread his juices to his customers only because he was content with it. Usually, the owner didn’t allow food or drinks outside the tavern.

 

“Well, I’m stuffed!”

 

Clara stretched herself and cleared her throat with the drink they ordered before. When her mouth was clean enough and her sanity was back, she looked for Angga, who wasn't present in his seat. She glanced around and found him recording the reaction of an adventurer party enthralled by the juice’s flavor.

 

“Ah, there he is! By the way, I haven’t tried the drink that Angga brought, hasn't it?”

 

When the lion girl approached Angga, he was having fun recording the adventure’s party members when they chugged down their otherwordly beverages. It was a good thing that Angga brought many samples in his backpack so he could offer them to anyone here who was interested.

 

An unknown urge appeared within her when Clara witnessed how the party members, who were of diverse races, were into the juices that Angga brought.

 

“Hey, Angga.”

“Oh, Clara. You’re done with your meal?”

“Yes, you can see on the table over there that all the meat was gone! Now, can I also have a taste of this drink that you brought?”

“Ah, that’s right. You haven’t tried the product yet. Let’s go back to our table, then.”

 

When Angga was done thanking the adventurer team, they went back to their own table, and he put one more bottle before the lion girl. 

 

“This is the only one left since I’ve distributed everything I brought to others. Just in time, Clara.”

She nodded fast. “Yeah, maybe my luck is getting good. So, erm, excuse me.”

 

She picked up the bottle and started to taste it, and a second later, she gulped it down. Obviously, Angga also recorded her drinking the product, just exactly what he needed.

 

“Shoo amaziiing!”

“Right? I think my client really knows how to make delicious juices, and the good thing is they’re trying to sell them. I bet they’ll get big in no time. Alright, since all the samples were gone, I have to review the footage I obtained today.”

“Awesome. So, I guess you already know what kind of advertisement you’ll make?”

“Of course, Clara. Without any clear planning, I probably wouldn’t come here. Well, sometimes I haven’t planned it clearly yet. But this time, I know what to do.”

 

Clara observed Angga in silence, trying to guess what thought process was inside his brain. It was pretty amazing to see an individual who could produce thousands of gold just by a single video that didn’t involve any dangerous things, such as dungeon raids. And the said individual right now was being busy with maybe something even greater.

 

Perhaps, if it’s Angga, then…

 

“What’s the matter? Something on my face?” asked the oblivious guy.

 

What was driving her up until now perhaps can be achieved more. That’s it if Angga was involved, of course.

 

She exhaled as a sign that she found the words to say it.

 

“Listen closely, Angga. I want to be the greatest video creator of the Union Kingdom.”

 

Her statement hit close to home for Angga. So, he put his camera on the table and looked at the lion girl with all his focus. When he did that, the noises from every part of the tavern disappeared as if they were talking in the private room without any disturbance.

 

“Tell me more about it. Why do you want to do that despite the other stuff you can do here? I see that people can do their usual things to live, becoming merchants, adventurers or tavern owners. And yet, you choose that path,” asked Angga.

“I want to make a super popular video so the Watcher up there will like it very much and shower me with much Support. Wait, no. Let’s not talk about that first,”

 

She cleared her throat with a few sips of drink before she continued.

 

“I really like to watch videos and make them. It’s super fun and makes me feel alive. I know it’s a new thing in this world since the Overseer came here. But then, I tried that, and before I knew it, I joined the Resources Guild and dedicated my time to making something worthwhile to watch and help to contribute to the society.”

“So it makes you feel alive more, huh?”

“That’s right!” she almost stood up, “to see by myself how the world works after the war, to meet more other people that perhaps I can’t meet when I take a conventional job, also the magical system that somehow gave us Supports which can be converted into any resources that we currently need. Previously, I was a hunter but not good at doing it… so, looking at this chance, I’m getting pumped by thinking about it and definitely want to explore more about making a video!”

 

Clara was filled with energy that Angga couldn’t imagine. He didn’t know that what the Overseer brought to this world answered her calling. He nodded slightly in agreement.

 

“Well, by this world’s system, you can directly contribute to the society since you gave a portion of the Support you gained to the society. Well, it’s a tax, basically. Yet, your contribution affects everyone directly.”

“Precisely! At least, I aim to be at Tafnekha’s level. You know, I admire her silently because she easily makes many videos with high views from the Watchers. It’s not exaggerating to say that Canau’s Resources Guild actually is supported by Tafnekha alone.”

 

The lion girl activated her mini-receiver to show Angga what kind of content her friend made. From the very start, the recorded live stream from three viewpoints of Tafnekha’s raid was engaging enough for the viewer to stay. Especially when her party encountered many challenges in the dungeon that gracefully were resolved by her party, Angga could feel that the excitement wasn’t stopping at all since he could see how the situation unfolded from their perspectives, especially when the party engaged the dungeon master and successfully defeated it.

 

Angga’s mouth dropped open. “It was awesome.”

“Riiighhtt!”

“I also looked for her video’s statistics, and this video alone generated around 10.000 golds?! Is that true?”

“Oh, yeah? If I remember correctly, we got the report that we got Support that much from the Town Hall.”

“Alright, alright. I get it.”

“So, to make something that’s amazing enough to see, can you help me make that kind of video, Angga? I’m really amazed by your ability so I also hope that maybe you could give me guidance or something.”

“About that…”

 

Angga would have the opportunity to explore more of what this world offers. So, by helping her, he can also gather more and more footage, which will be used later for his own video. No matter how he looks into it, it’s a pretty good opportunity.

 

“Sure, but you should know that I have my own job back in my world. So, I can only come here when I have my spare time.”

“Really? Yaaay!”

“Yeah, I really meant it.”

 

The lion girl rejoiced while the human guy smiled in optimism. This collaboration might offer something imaginable for both Angga and Clara.

 

“Perhaps what we should do next is to talk about what kind of video you want to make. Also, maybe you’re aware of this, but since I’ve got this personal project, I need a few days in my world to get this done, and then I’ll come here to work on our collaboration. Don’t worry, I can go back and forth from this world to mine. So, I promise I’ll be back here.”

“Hmm, that’s right. You’re here in the first place because of your own project. Alright, sure! See you later, Angga and don’t forget to come back here! I’m waiting!” She grinned wide.

 

So, for the rest of the day, Angga departed from that world while waving at Clara since she was with Angga until they reached the western part of the town and returned to his former world, going straight to his place to access his workstation. He has a lot of editing to do for the next few days while managing his work hours and free time.

 

A few days later, when his video was done, Angga showed his boss what he could do to promote a juice product in his personal project. 

 

The video showed how the person who looked like an ogre and elf enjoyed their drinks. An animal person praised the drinks with his songs and bard and a whole party of adventurers consisting of many races were overjoyed just because of a healthy drink on their table. And finally, a tall, strong lion girl with a captivating grin when the juice bottle was in her hand.

 

Upon careful inspection of Angga’s advertisement, Mr. Panji patted his shoulder.

 

“What an amazing content. Alright, if you want, I’ll tell you if there are projects under this office name that are required to be promoted, along with the information on the commission you’ll get. Since you branded your content with this fantasy setting, our potential clients would expect what kind of ad they’ll have. I hope you’ll give the same effort just like this one.”

“Certainly, sir.”

 

Later that day, Angga went home from the office with a big smile. Now that his own project is done, his newly edited video has gained more views and likes, so he can focus on his collaboration with Clara.

0