Chapter 15 – Clara Project: Her Father
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nixie cleared her throat to give an opening. “I’ll convey the message from Town Hall. Any contest is encouraged since the ultimate purpose of the contest is to gather as many resources as possible, which will be distributed to the masses and be a big contribution to society.”

 

The masses were gathering around since contests were going on. It meant there was another show to watch, and people were looking forward to it. No matter the race, every people there was eager to see what would amaze them. Some also mentioned Alc’s name since his tall, sturdy body instantly gave it away and talked about how his opponent might be crushed without difficulty. Probably, the citizens of Canau Town were no different from the Watcher.

 

“Therefore, I’ll announce the contest within two months. Alcibiades party versus Clara party, Angga included. One is free to use whatever means necessary to gather the resources, be it hunting, merchant activities, dungeon raid, or gathering Support from the Watcher.” 

 

Everyone cheered at the announcement and wished good luck. The technical matters have been talked about before between the conflicting sides, so Nixie was informed that Angga would help Clara while Alc was with his family other than Clara. When it was announced, Clara and Angga looked at Alc with overwhelming determination while Alc folded his arm on his chest and glared at the opposing side.

 

“This is the ideal situation, yes. Let’s prove to each other, Clara. In the end, you’ll know what is the best for you.”

“Of course, father. Let’s do our best,” she answered back with full knowledge of her father’s prowess.

Nixie inhaled deeply. “Hence, the contest begins! Good luck to both parties!”

 

And then, half an hour after the contest’s announcement, Clara and Angga brainstormed about the situation at the Resources Guild, along with Aleid. As for Angga, he tried to process everything that had happened since talking in front of Alc took much of his sanity.

 

“My legs are still shaking… your father is just too scary,” Angga whined, even his voice trembling. It's a good thing that he was sitting right now.

“Hehe, yeah. They say a lot about my father, and that’s one of them,” replied the lion girl with her usual cheerful grin. She sat across from him.

Aleid intervened, “Let me confirm one thing. Basically, you’re in a contest against your father, Clara?”

“That’s right!”

“Are you aware of what your father is able to do?”

 

Clara didn’t answer, and she chuckled awkwardly.

 

“Am I missing something?” asked Angga, just to make sure.

Aleid sighed as he fixed his glasses. “Let me tell you about something.”

 

A Satwa person, Alcibiades was known as a top hunter due to his physical talent. A strong veteran during the war, and now that the war is over, he dedicated his time to hunting his prey with a 90% success rate even though the monsters were at the medium level, which resulted in many valuable materials that could be sold at a high price. He contributed a lot of food to the Town Hall, especially meats and monster materials for any purpose. 

 

Along with other sources, Alc was a respected hunter who defeated almost every monster seen around the area, even the strongest ones. His being an enemy was something that needed to be heavily considered.

 

“Pretty much that’s the info you need to know about him,” closed Aleid.

“What do you mean by medium-level monsters?” asked the oblivious human.

“There are several levels of monsters around here based on their lethality. The common ones are low-level. Meanwhile, medium-level ones usually need an adventurer party to subdue them. About the high-level ones, well, let’s say they’re pretty rare, or it’s uncommon for people to face them.”

“And let me guess, Alc can subdue the medium-level monsters all by himself?”

“That’s right.”

“Hahaha–”

“It’ll be obvious, but I think he’ll hunt a medium-level monster and use its meat or materials, drop for its worth, and be appraised for this competition. It’ll have a high appraised value.

 

Now Angga thought perhaps he had made a wrong choice back then. To face such a legend, since he was sure enough because his previous video generated thousands of golds, was a reckless idea.

 

–or not. His hands were trembling, but not because of the sheer prowess of Clara’s father. It was because another challenge was presented before him, and he had to face the living legend himself. Since he can’t do any offensive magic, then his only way is to make a viral video and gather as many Support as possible. Can Angga really do it?

 

“Angga?” The lion girl noticed Angga’s trembling hands.

He gripped his hands to make a fist. Now, his hands weren’t trembling anymore. “Let’s do this, Clara. If we can’t overcome this, then we might as well reconsider our life choices. I know this will be hard considering how legend your father is. But once we overcome this, we will be unstoppable.”

 

His eyes filled with determination, and it definitely affected Clara.

 

“To think that you decided to stand against your own father, you’re growing a lot of courage within you, Clara. You know your father’s achievements well, yet you are still facing him.”

 

Tafnekha appeared out of nowhere and hugged Clara from behind.

 

“Tafnekha?! Why are you here?!”

“She’s been around recently. Back from the dungeon raid,” Aleid confirmed.

“Just as Aleid said. But, Angga, didn’t I warn you to keep your distance around two meters from Clara?” She opened her eyes, which emitted a solid blue light.

 

Her mythical gaze instantly shoved Angga around three meters away from Clara.

 

“Now, about your father,” Tafnekha continued, “he is a respectable figure. I’m certain that if he wishes to walk on the same path as me, he will generate a lot of Support aside from his hunting haul as much as I can.”

“Is that so?” asked Clara in disbelief.

Tafnekha nodded firmly. “Therefore, he is a considerable foe who definitely can’t be underestimated. Knowing this, I’m not sure that you have the upper hand in this contest, Clara. I want you to consider this again thoroughly if you really want to win.”

 

The girl, with her eyes closed really meant it. She was well aware of her best friend’s capabilities. Yet, to go against his father is another matter. For her, Clara should think this through without fail. And to give up is also one choice Clara could have.

 

Since Clara also listened to Tafnekha’s opinion about his father, who can be compared to her best friend, she wondered. She was fully aware of what Tafnekha was capable of, and to fight against a person who could be comparable to Tafnekha made Clara waver a bit. Can she really win this contest?

 

“Pardon me, Tafnekha. Thinking and planning everything is a good thing. But, sometimes, we can get overwhelmed when we let our brains run amok on their own. Sometimes, we just need to think about the right amount and just do it, do you agree?” Angga intervened before Tafnekha’s world got deep inside Clara’s thoughts.

“Hm? Perhaps you’re not aware of it since you’re not a native of this land. But he is someone who is not to be bothered with,” warned Tafnekha.

“I know he is Clara’s father and a legend, but he bothered his own daughter, and I want to help Clara. That’s all that matters.”

“Does that mean you have prepared a tactic to win this contest?”

“Yeah, of course. I have several ideas in mind already, and I will make sure each one is successful. I got this.”

 

Tafnekha smiled, sensing Angga’s determination. Also, Clara's eyes sparkled enough that she unconsciously heavily relied on the human guy. Perhaps someone from another world can somehow turn the tables around even though he just recently became aware of the existence of another world besides his real world.

 

“Show me what you’re capable of, then. I’m looking forward to your amazing deed,” commented Tafnekha with slight curiosity towards Angga.

 

That sums up what happened at Canau Town during Angga’s time to help Clara.

 

He went back to his place and instantly fell on his bed. His soul leaped somehow from his mouth while he spoke incomprehensively. Angga finally felt that his shoulder weighed more than it should because of the contest against Alc. 

 

“That’s a hell of an event. Who would have thought I would meet someone as scary as him? Look at his muscles and abs! If maybe there is a no-killing law there, I would be minced meat in an instant! Aaargh!!”

 

He let out his vexation, anxiety, anticipation, and fears that had become one which was pent up inside him from when he left Resources Guild today until he was out of breath. A lot has happened, and it was his first time experiencing what happened back then since he was only living earnestly while chasing his dream all this time. After a few minutes of shouting weakly on the bed, he finally calmed down with his arms opened wide while staring at the ceiling.

 

“Now, besides my work just usual, I’ve got this contest to win, huh? Clara’s future is at stake here.”

 

Somehow, he was at a loss for words at the moment while he stared at the plain-looking ceiling. Angga let his head talk for a while and wandered the realm between the two worlds, looking for the right solution. Can he really can do it? Moments of self-doubt started seeping into his mind to ask about his self-worth.

 

But he quickly shoved all of those kind of thoughts. He got out of bed using a little energy he got left and took a glass of water to clear his throat. And then, Angga sat at his workstation and checked his channel. His achievement, many videos with many views, likes, and comments, were still there and looked fabulous.

 

His endorsement video on the client’s channel also got a lot of positive feedback. Somehow reading the comments gave Angga more and more motivation.

 

“That’s right. I did well on those videos, and the one which was used for the endorsement also hit it well with the client’s satisfaction.”

 

He can do it. He and Clara can win the contest against her father.

 

“Yeah, we never know if we don’t try it.”

 

He felt that he should take everything as usual, there was no need for him to rush things. So, Angga refreshed himself by taking a bath, lying down on the bed, and trying to come up with bright ideas on his tablet.

 

The next day, he went to work as usual, did her responsibilities as an employee, and went home immediately when it was time to clock out. His coworker even asked why Angga was in such a rush, but he brushed it off politely.

 

So he left his office, straight to the banyan tree to travel between worlds, and walked through the crowd to the Resources Guild. Clara greeted him in joy when Angga arrived there.

 

“Let’s do this, Clara.”

“I’m super ready,” replied the lion girl with a bunch of energy.

0