Chapter 61: Last Run
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexander got back on his life track as January of 1976 arrived!

While his grandfather and father were either busy with their jobs or improving their yoga techniques back in India, he was sent back home along with a yoga instructor and a caretaker with the same job as Ms. Davis.

The yoga teacher, Ms. Kumar, was adept at instructing yoga to children as well as caring for them. She was also taught English by Mr. Ganesh for a year, so her communication capabilities were up to standard.

This yogi lady's tagalong was not within Alexander's expectation but he was at least fine with the idea of starting to care for his body at an earlier time.

One can never be too sure about matters of health. Hence, his morning routines became mixed with Indian zen and stretching.

They were practically baby stretches that are meant to condition and optimize his developing body. It also aids him in forming an exercise habit that would be greatly helpful in the long run.

Ms. Davis would come from time to time but she became a true freeloader since most of her job could be done by Ms. Kumar.

Alexander never really cared for their dynamic as he was mostly at school but he was sure that the trusty Helena might have truly become obsolete and mostly in charge of meals. Her job description was now too baffling to even be considered as a stand-in babysitter.

Kindergarten was back again and secretly working on his adult work while the other children worked on their child-oriented work was the norm during those periods.

Yoga came as a perfect coincidence to stop his baby belly fat from forming due to the girl's vacation enthusiasm.

By the time January 31st came by, his birthday was the same but different than usual. The adults of the house were away in another country but he still received gifts as usual.

Last year was the camera recorders with subtly-enhanced film strips on their inside. This year, he got a Minimoog synthesizer and a guitar.

It seems that his seniors were able to read his mind about developing little skills in music.

Given the fact that he is still the one who proposed, semi-composed with professionals, and sang the Cosmic introduction music, knowing a thing or two about the world of instruments wouldn't be too bad.

Of course, the night of the birthday came and his multiversal connection with Other Joe had vision spikes again.

It was as if his foresight cheat knew about his plans or registered his musllllic will, the dream immersion was practically a reiteration of Other Joe's contact with any form of music.

Alexander already had that information plastered to him in full but going through it again still helped to cover some uncertainties.

"I guess I have to say thanks to whoever made this weirdness and supernaturalness happen." Alexander could only say such words of gratitude when he woke up the next day.

This very morning was February of 1976 and Alexander was left to ruminate on the movie industry this time of year.

Kid Psychic was in the last few meters in the box office race with the love month being the time when it is planned to be pulled from the theaters.

It signified an uncontested nine-month screening with the theatre company themselves extending the run time due to the lack of other moneymakers.

The Creeds can't take all the credit themselves for Kid Psychic's monumental achievement. If Cosmic was the talent, then theater companies are the talent agent that lobbied the film to people!

Jaws was short of its supposed achievement due to Alexander's interference but that isn't the movie he is looking out for.

For in this month of Valentines' is the premiere of another notable director comparable to and close friends with Spielberg.

It would be the appearance of Martin Scorsese's Taxi Driver. The film was a winner for the hearts of film art enthusiasts but not much of a competition for a box office share.

The true contender for Kid Psychic and Kid Psychic 2 is the underdog called Rocky. The would-be champion of the 1976 box office charts.

Alexander knew that it would be the movie that propels Sylvestre Stallone to stardom from being an idler in the 'porn industry' of the current era.

The film can still have its cult status but Kid Psychic's sequel may rob it of its true glory.

It isn't the first time it happened, so what was stopping the little Creed from doing it again?

Other movies to note are King Kong, Carrie, The Pink Panther Strikes Again, and The Omen.

The King Kong of this year would be the source of the iconic skyscraper climbing and plane fight. With various remakes and iterations, the giant monkey would spawn a movie universe with the greatly powerful Godzilla in the future.

The Pink Panther movies would be the funny French equivalent that produces the catchy sax tune. It isn't quite the moneymaker in Alexander's books but Other Joe has a soft spot for its future iteration.

As for Carrie and The Omen, Alexander would only like to know his butterfly effect on both films.

After all, Carrie has elements of telekinesis and The Omen casts a five-year-old demon child. These two horror flicks feature themes that are somewhat similar to what makes Kid Psychic stands out!

If they get to benefit or get weighed down by the coincidence, then it was only a matter of observation.

The Creeds didn't want to waste any more resources on hyping Kid Psychic's final screenings, however, hype really wasn't needed as a few minorities were caught up with the film schedule.

Film enthusiasts are surprised to notice that cinemagoers are still enthused as them and immersed in the lore of the movie.

They have a lot of considerations to take to find out the root cause of the public's behavior but they were pretty sure that it had something to do with the esper film's stupendous achievement and the next movie that is about to come.

Being a film second to the pioneering blockbuster does come with perks. While Sheinberg and his fellow executives were still debating on making sequels to their own blockbuster, Kid Psychic already had its mindset from the get-go.

Film aficionados had no choice but to grimace at the staggering feats that only one movie had achieved. How were they supposed to react to the upcoming sequels that are only waiting for their scheduled releases to showcase their glory?!

This is just going to be plain horrendous, silly, and more disgusting than my main trashy work.

You've been warned!

0