Chapter 66: Filming Eagerness
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There would always be something that breaks the monotony and it just so happened to be Mark.

"I'm back!!" His words echoed throughout the rooms of the house and everyone not expecting his return was a surprise, except, no one was actually in surprise.

"Welcome back!" Alexander had to bring the guitar along with him to meet his father. It was the weekend so his schedule was subject to what he found interesting to do.

Mark saw the sight of his son with a red-tinted mini-guitar. The boy's hair had long grown out, making his entire demeanor the perfect picture of what a little rocker should be.

"Rock on, Alexander!" The always supportive father had to copy what a certain Kiss-ing band would do and had his tongue out while shouting.

"You're weird, Dad." Alexander had to be blunt before his father could paint his face black and white. "Has post-production been smooth sailing?"

Mark had to stop embarrassing himself and dove straight into matters of work. "When has it been?! But the team's effort made great leaps and it won't be long for the rendered movie to blow your storyboard's stillness away!"

"I'm looking forward to that." The boy had to smile at that as everything was going as they have planned. It is also the very first reassuring news he's had since being cooped up in a lot of advancing practices.

Alexander was about to go back to guitar practice but the gleam in his father's eyes made him stop. There could only be one reason for that...

...and it was something he had to deal with by using the figurative hammer.

"Let me guess..." The boy articulated while Mark had his gleam glow even further. "...a new movie project for you!"

"Hehe! You read your old man like a book Alexander!" Mark patted his little son's tiny shoulder and his expectations was at an all-time high.

"Aren't we busy with the CyberGrandpa sequels for this year? I don't want to increase your workload any further than what mine already is!" Young Alex gave out his reasonable points but his relatives just have ways of pushing the limits of a workaholic.

His father literally has been multi-tasking pre-production of a new movie, starting production of that movie, and post-producing previous movies while far away.

If that isn't considered to be a miracle, then young Alex's cheating connection with Other Joe seems irrelevant.

"It is better to be prepared earlier for us to churn out these movies of yours at breakneck speed and unfathomable consistency." Mark gave out a point of his own and his son could only hope that yoga practice can keep the man together.

He was a director with previously unrecognizable achievements, so he must be making up for his past regrets with the extremely bright future ahead of him.

"I should tell you in advance and as a sort of guidance. If you find things truly hard, try asking something a little easier." He articulated seriously while Mark was still in a filming high.

"I hear you. Just let me see what you've got for me." Sadly, Mark was still caught up in all the excitement of being an uncaged film creator.

Alexander could only dismiss his father by shifting his attention to what he was looking for. "Most of my scripts are laid out in my room. You can pick want you to want from there."

With that, Mark was gone in a jiffy and Alexander was free to go back to his guitar.

"He should really be delegating most projects as a producer. Maybe it would give him more edge over his workaholic habits." The boy muttered while the one who should've heard it was already long gone.

"Good thing that those scripts in there are incredibly hard to make. I wonder what he would go for." The boy mumbled while the upbeat strumming of his guitar echoed to his practice garage. "I also wonder if it would work."

He had freed his father's filming constraints, so he can only try doing it in reverse for the better of him.

In his room, Mark was looking at 3 or more neat piles of paper and was sure that these were finished products.

There were also a lot of title pages with a thinner and scattered pile of papers beneath them which could mean that they were still in development.

He had seen most of their blueprints from Alexander's toy templates that the Cosmic toy production is developing but the sheer fact that they actually had feature films for each of them was mind-blowingly... mindblowing.

Even though, he was busy in his own right with all of the filming necessities. His little boy had projects that were nowhere near his scale of work difficulty but it had greater implications in the bigger picture.

Mark himself knew that only a few select people get the credit for the finished product of the movie but screenwriters and their original ideas are the ones who can jumpstart it all.

Of course, it isn't universal but the sorry bunch among the Filmmakers Association deserve more than what they are treated.

Sadly, he can't change their fate as his son was more powerful than the entire Screenwriter's Association combined. There was no need to mingle with them any further than usual.

As for the scripts laid out on the table, all had 'Written and Storyboarded by Alexander Creed' on them but their titles couldn't be any more different.

Synth. Knights and Magic. Parasyte. Cavalry of a Failed Knight. Magi. Blue Exorcist. Attack on Titan. Age of Mechs. Infinite Stratos. One Punch Man. Made in Abyss. Sword Art Online. Gun Gale Online. The Promised Neverland. Your Name. From Me to You. One Piece.

There were only three of those titles that are finished with their sequels already prepared. The rest were too many and too advanced that he was actually cursing the weakness of his filming skills.

Mark was quite confident that his prowess in special effects was already at its best. Who would've thought that it was currently useless to the advanced concepts that his son had prepared beforehand?

The scripts in his sight could work out as an animated production but it would be tacky and money-burning made into live-action!

He had come charging into this room prepared to tackle it all and impress his nearly unimpressionable child but reality smacked his confidence flat.

"Oh... little devil. Is this your way of telling your dad to slow down a little?!" He also knew that he was stretching himself thin with all of the work he is currently doing.

"Maybe I should lighten my load a little..."

Mark's lone figure could only sigh as he heard the tuned echo of his son's song in the room as if to reprimand his uncontained eagerness.

This is just going to be plain horrendous, silly, and more disgusting than my main trashy work.

You've been warned!

0