Chapter 15: Min-Maxxing (1)
65 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fear was natural when things became life-like, and so was physical exhaustion. That was why, when it came to more extensive raids and events, most people preferred to handle them in the VR aspect of the game.

Office workers tirelessly returning home, students wrapping up long days of studies, people of all kinds used their stamina in other things and gave it a spice with the AR half of Rise of Babel. Which, in turn, made it rarer for items and events from the AR half of the game to be found with people.

Building a following was difficult, but listing an item on the forums and the game shops was very easy.

With the Zagros unit in place, I took a sharp breath and faced the giant structure in front of me.

Rise of Babel purchased this abandoned construction site near the city's eastern ends, which was used as a dungeon in the game.

Very few people were walking around the building. The difficulty was apparently far too high for people to dive into.

"Rise of Babel, connect."

As soon as I uttered the command, the world around me turned white and slowly flipped back into existence as mystical wisps and trees surrounded the city.

[Welcome Back Player N01R]

The window of the system came right up.

The building in front of me had turned into a completely dark structure with a blue dot floating on its entrance. As soon as I looked at it, the words [Meilkan Dungeons] popped up.

This was seemingly one of the most notorious dungeons, difficult for people to dive into, but it also had some of the best loot.

The game's system and stats made it easier and safer for most people to handle challenging dungeons in VR, but the same couldn't be said for AR. While experiencing a new world was helpful, complete control over one's body couldn't be achieved through just the Zagros in AR.

That gave me an edge, and most athletes and fighters, too. But thanks to being raised in battles, I was a step beyond.

But before diving into the Meilkan, there was something else I needed to do. I had studied quite a bit, and now I am no longer a complete idiot when it comes to games.

"Status."

At that very moment, a status screen appeared in front of me.

[Name: Noir (N01R)

<<LV: 7>>

<<HP: 1000/1000>> <<MP: 500/500>>

Titles: NA

Guild: NA

Dois: 117

<<:::Stats:::>>

Available points (14)

Strength: 18

Perception: 26

Endurance: 20

Charisma: 40

Intelligence: 23

Agility: 26

Luck: 5

<<:::SKILLTREE:::>> <<:::EQUIPMENT:::>>

]

"Oh?"

I was pretty surprised. The Rise of Babel used a unique stat distribution system. You could gain stats through personal physical training and by leveling up, which gave you two stats each.

This effect meant that someone on level one, as long as they were well-trained and in good shape, could just as well overpower a high-level player in the game. The training brought a stat bonus and a new stat called the potential for people lacking in physical capability compared to their stats.

If the potential stat was set at 80, then you could only harness 80% of your power in the AR aspect with your current level. That was probably another reason why VR was more popular. It was not much different in how much power you could use, but exerting your body in real life must be distinct from VR. At least, I thought so.

But it was nigh impossible to distinguish between the two due to just how accurate the AR was, which meant that the suffering from training at both places was equal.

If that wasn't enough, Babylowasn'trp. also started free harnessing stations worldwide, which trained people to reach their potential by following a perfect schedule and diet.

It was almost crazy.

Most people started with statistics in the 10s, so the current stats were shocking and welcome.

From what I knew, investing in stats differently led to different kinds of builds. A warrior needed strength and endurance, a wizard perception and intelligence.

Strength and Agility made you a swordsman and Perception and Agility made you a ranger. People associated with a religion in-game were also open to a faith stat, which also affected their stats with builds.

A balanced build with all stats. That was apparently a rookie mistake. Getting into your roles and utilizing your strengths to the maximum was what most veterans and guides said.

Another very appealing strategy to me was min maxxing. Where you focused on a single stat while minimizing everything else, it was a very skewed and risky yet crazy way to play.

And I was going to do just that. I had the ability in myself that others needed to build.

Min-maxxing my build was going to be the most effective strategy.

But.

My goal was not strength. I didn't want to become a warrior or a mage.

Paladin, Ranger, Thief, Craftsman, Wizard, Scientist, Florist, Blacksmith, Samurai, Valkyrie.

Not a single of those classes appealed to me.

I only wanted one thing. Money.

And so.

[Confirm 14 stat points into Luck?]

<<Yes>> <<No>>

Without hesitation, I tapped on Yes.

It was time to earn.

5