Chapter 20: Fourth Floor of Meilkan
51 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bondage play was not of much interest to tin soldiers. Shocking as it was, it was also the truth. There was just no way Rise of Babel was going to let something like that slide.

So what did it mean?

It was not bondage play but actually, a torture session to extract information instead. I would usually use hammers for such matters, so tying someone up seemed foreign to me.

Break their nails, then each bone on their fingers. Crushing them into refined power with a hammer was terrific in sending some pain. And you also had three bones in each finger, giving you a total of thirty to break.

That was a lot of time to make someone spill all their knowledge. And you didn't have to worry about killing them on accident, either.

No matter how you thought of it, that was truly the best way of getting information. What you had to do on top of it was not ask any specifics. Just mention that you wanted to know everything at the beginning. By the end of the third bone, the torturee was bound to remember those words and spill everything.

It was sad that the tin soldiers were being so inefficient.

Especially since the lore of Meilkan seemed to have the Heart Soldiers at war against the Spade Soldiers.

Speaking logically, they did not have the leisure to be so inefficient in their torture. That is why...

"Ping! Capture! Capture!"

A tin soldier wearing the hat of the Spade approached me and saluted, screaming capture over and over.

I nodded at it and pointed it toward the gate. The soldier saluted again and went out the way it had come in.

Thankfully, the tin soldiers no longer had to work inefficiently. I was now here.

The fourth floor was a tricky one. After finishing up the third floor by finding a staircase leading up to the center stairwell, you were led to the fourth one.

On the first floor was a soldier.

The second a regiment.

The third a troop.

And on the fourth—An entire army of tin soldiers fought each other.

The clear and vast space of the central stairwell had turned into a war-trodden land. The brick walls were replaced now with steel barricades and spears, while the concrete ground below had been covered by dust and blood.

Far off in the distance on both sides were the trenches and camps of the two sides in the form of rooms.

In such a space, the two factions fought a war so intense that even breathing would sweep one away.

And the stairs always led you straight into the middle of the war.

It would be impossible for most people to fight against such odds with parties of just four or five, let alone by themselves.

Everyone who entered the fourth floor—and revealed it—faced the problem of the army. The army of both sides hated each other, but they hated the human intruders even more and started attacking them, resulting in a situation where you either escaped back down or died.

But that wasn't a problem for me.

The soldiers all identified each other using the foolish hats. Walk like a Spade, and a Spade, you'll be.

So I did just that. I equipped the mace and the spade hat along with other drops I had gathered on the third floor and joined the war as a member of the Spades. Since I was seen as an ally by one side, I didn't have to be pincered and pummeled like the others who had tried to raid the fourth floor.

All that was left was to get to the back, run into a passageway, or, in this case, run into one of the war camps and climb up to the last floor.

That was the way to clear it.

But I didn't care about clearing it. What I wanted were drops to sell. I pushed my hands down on the table and stepped out of the room from the abandoned site, the room that had been given the shape of a tent.

The sounds of war continued to ring on one side, while on the other, more Spade soldiers were waiting for me.

Their commander.

It was easy; I had to act like a leader amongst the spades, and the foolish creatures with their intelligent AIs immediately recognized me as one. It was how it worked with animals.

"Capture. Capture Spill! Spill All!"

The adjutant said. It seemed the heart soldier we had captured spilled everything.

Of course, it didn't matter to me. Any word from these bastards were things only they could understand. I had just taught them a new torture method because I felt pity.

I placed a hand on the adjutant's shoulder and moved it aside.

"Tweet! Move! Commander, come!"

It whistled and followed behind me as I reached the other side, where the stairs were.

Along with torture, I had taught them another thing. Like animals, I used the same principle and taught them like dogs.

In front of me were the divisions of the soldiers and the reserve troops of the Spade.

"Turtle!" I said, and the spade soldiers immediately broke into files.

The ones at the front held their shields ahead, and the ones in the lines behind them had their shields to the skies, thus forming a turtle-shaped little troop.

Everything was ready. All that was left was to slaughter the Hearts and take their loot.

I turned toward the battlefield and gave my command.

"Charge."

The tin soldiers cheered and started running ahead in the files.

One side used a musket and a knife, and another used shields and maces.

The unit reached the war zone from the back and gathered around the hearts.

"Turtle!"

I commanded, and they immediately got into formation as they charged further ahead.

The level about escape had turned into strategy.

The Hearts were powerful and firm like a tower, but the Spades, with their shields and dexterity, were like a wave. No tower of stones could even stand against the wrath of a raging tsunami.

In the blink of an eye, the Spades started tearing into the formation of the hearts, and loot fell to the ground.

This commander always led toward victory.

6