Chapter 24: Kobold Kool Kaves
36 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Name: Noir (N01R)

<<LV: 20>>

<<HP: 1000/1400>> <<MP: 520/550>>

Titles: NA
Guild: NA
Dois: 6999

<<:::Stats:::>>

Strength: 21
Perception: 27
Endurance: 22 (+2)
Charisma: 47
Intelligence: 23 (+2)
Agility: 28
Luck: 45

<<:::SKILLTREE:::>>

-Spear Stab-
-Spear Slash-
-Spear Trap-
-Quick Steps-

<<:::EQUIPMENT:::>>

-Iron Spear-
-Kobold Charm-
-Goblin's Boots-

]

 

"Status close."

 

At the same command, the window disappeared from my sight. Although my training had shown some rapid results over the last few days, it was still fairly lacking.

 

I also managed to get my hands on two more spear skills when I tried to practice what I saw in MewTube videos, and thanks to the Goblin Boots and my increase in agility, I was also able to learn a movement skill.

 

It was one of the most fundamental movement skills, but I was going to take it.

 

As I slowly stretched my hands once more, grunts resounded around me.

 

I looked deeper into the cave and noticed some more Kobolds walking my way. They held blazing torches in one hand and weapons in the other as they walked over to me.

 

These were the Kobold Kool Kaves. Another of the scarier dungeons for beginners. It was a fair bit away from my home, so I had to travel a lot.

 

But it seemed to be worth it. The Kobold charm that only these guys had gave different effects with each charm. Each of the amulet-like accessories increased one random stat by 2 points.

 

It might seem like nothing, but that was one whole level. It mattered a fair bit the higher the level of the user went. Unfortunately, it was non-equipable above level one hundred, or I would have been making a killing with it.

 

I could still see the rain of money from a comprehensive all-stat charm package.

 

The Kobolds growled and grunted as they came near me.

 

"It's about time to go back."

 

The Kobolds screamed and jumped. About five of them had busy hands at all times, but I already knew they were smart enough to drop the torch.

 

Unlike normal Kobolds, they were all well in their thirties and more intelligent than most.

 

The Kobold at the front swung its blade, and I nimbly swung my spear at it.

 

[Spear Trap]

 

The skill activated and redirected its attack below.

 

In the next moment, I pulled my spear back and stabbed at the neck of the Kobold. The monster narrowly avoided a critical hit and took the attack at its shoulder instead.

 

At the same time, more of them came running around from the sides and swung their clubs at me.

 

I hopped back.

 

[Spear Slash]

 

The spear formed a grand silver arc through the air and hit the two hurtling Kobolds.

 

[You have slain a Kobold (Lv 32)!]

 

[You have slain a Kobold (Lv 32)!]

 

"Hm... As I thought."

 

Using the skill ensured I would see its effects, but retracting the spear after using a trap took far too long for a perfect attack.

 

"KRIE!!"

 

The wounded Kobold screamed at me as if asking how I would even dare look away during a battle of life and death.

 

I was used to such screams. However, what was a battle of life and death to one person was usually a chore for the other.

 

I had to take care of many chores like this.

 

The Kobold pointed its torch and sent the two behind it at me.

 

"Fine."

 

I jumped ahead and kicked one's knees. It tried to smack its club on my leg, but with a simple twist, I slammed the staff of the spear on its head.

 

The second Kobold jumped at my head.

 

Instead of pulling the spear back.

 

"[Quick Steps]"

 

My body moved on its own, almost as if possessed. Twenty of my mana points decreased in an instant as I nimbly found myself behind the Kobold.

 

It was always amazing how a simple AR could do this much. Apparently, it was because of very detailed neuro-suggestions triggered by visual stimuli, but that seemed hard to believe.

 

"Stab."

 

The spear lodged itself in the back of the Kobold's head and was tainted with its blood. I kicked its body out and swung the spear at the second one as both of them started to turn into dust.

 

"K-Kie..."

 

The Kobold that was injured earlier stepped back, quaking as it looked at me.

 

"I am not going to kill you. I am in a rush."

 

"Kie...?"

 

"So, guide me to the boss's room."

2