Resistance Cap 37
43 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the old barn on the Abbot farm

"Angel of death???"

Narrowly dodging a claw swipe, Henry retreated dozens of steps in silence as he cleared his mind.

He didn't understand how he had attracted the creature, since he had slept peacefully during the night, and didn't snore or make any noises, so he thought of a possibility but quickly eliminated it.

"That's impossible, how could a human with attributes almost equal to two Captain Americas have gas... it was probably something else that attracted it."

Putting his thoughts aside, he looked at the angel of death, the creature was similar to the film, but its previous length of two and a half meters and height of two meters were now totally different.

The angel of death now doubled to five meters long and four meters high, similar to a small house.

The creature was clearly an alien being, with two three-meter-long, skewer-like arms with sharp claws on the fingers.

On its back, the creature had two hind limbs similar to the front ones but much smaller, as well as a mouth full of sharp teeth and strong gray skin that could easily withstand high-caliber shots and grenades.

The creature looked like a small giant in front of him. Henry was a little stunned as he watched the angel of death walk slowly towards him, while keeping his ear canals open, probably in search of any noise.

Looking at the creature getting closer and closer, he knew it was only a matter of time before the two of them met.

"I have to be careful, if the creatures in the movie destroyed the entire planet's army, I don't know what the capacity of this fortified one in front of me would be... I have to test everything in this fight before I face several in the coming days..."

Without hesitating, Henry made a decision, starting to materialize a larger than normal bowstring, slowly stretching its string, forming a dark blue arrow, which slowly turned red over his ability to reinforce.

When the arrow glowed bright red, Henry released the bowstring, firing an arrow that tore through the air while emitting a small sound barrier break.

GRUAAAHNN

Sensing the risk of death coming his way, the angel of death let out a loud grunt before partially closing his ear canal, receiving a powerful impact to the side of his head, along with an explosion that threw his body out of the barn.

"Did it die?"

"The system didn't give any warning... surely it can't be dead that easily..."

Waiting a few seconds, Henry dissipated his bow before slowly lowering himself to the ground.

His hand began to move, shaping an illusion of a large rat on the ground, the animal looked confused before listening to his master's order, advancing with great leaps and cries to the hole through which the angel of death was thrown.

BUUMM

Before it reached the hole, a great noise came from the wooden wall, followed by a shadow that attacked the small rat at breakneck speed, stabbing the little animal into a pulp of blood, dissipating its body.

"Heheh, I knew it wouldn't die so easily, but looking at its condition, it seems that the previous attack was effective..."

Henry thought, looking at the creature that had just ambushed his summon, he noticed that the side of the creature had a large hole of fifty centimeters, something deadly for any living being but it didn't seem to bother the angel of death.

After launching his attack, the angel of death became confused, not knowing where this small animal had come from or where the living being that had attacked him was.

Having lost his target, he felt a powerful urge to open his remaining ear canal so he could track his opponent, but he knew it was one of his weak points, making him hesitate as he circled the area.

"Looks like he's figured it out, maybe the system augmentation has given him a bigger brain along with the body augmentation..."

"Looks like I'll have to get into hand-to-hand combat, so I can get an idea of its attributes..."

Looking at the creature evolving in battle, Henry formed a sharp katana made of energy, silently approaching within five meters of his target.

"Charge"

Gathering speed in his legs, Henry began to gather energy in his katana, making the weapon glow blue as he advanced like a ghost towards the alien.

Sensing the noises coming towards it, the angel of death turned quickly as its skewer-like forelegs shot out at high speed.

"Quick! Bullet time!"

Feeling the attack coming towards him, Henry realized that the speed was just below his own, but the reach of the creature's limbs was superior to his weapon, forcing him to activate his ability before the attack hit his torso, reducing everything in his gaze significantly.

Lowering his body, he dodged the blow aimed at his torso, adjusting his stance like a swordsman, drawing his katana from its sheath, releasing rays of light as he fired towards the creature's arm.

The swift attack hit the creature's arm, momentarily halting its movements before returning with a powerful bite, forcing Henry to tilt his head to the side as he dodged the attack.

"How can a limb be so hard and thick???"

Feeling the resistance coming from his gun, Henry was shocked when the gun entered just three centimeters before stopping in his shell, he discovered that it was far superior to the resistance shown in the film.

GRUAAANHHH

Retreating quickly after the unsuccessful attack, Henry watched as the creature advanced towards him, closing its dodges while throwing its arms like skewers from both sides.

"Shit, that fast?"

Forming two energy shields at lightning speed, Henry felt the attack flash in his eyes as the shields began to make noises, cracking rapidly.

"FUCKEEE!!!"

Looking at his shields starting to break, Henry sent more energy from his body, reinforcing his defense before being thrown flying out of the barn.

BOOMMM

"Shit, that really hurt, but I managed to reduce the impact."

Feeling a sharp pain throughout his body, Henry was grateful not to have received any serious injuries.

He felt a force of more than ten tons in the creature's claws, in addition to its rapid speed and abnormal resistance, even his katana reinforced with two hundred points of mana was unable to penetrate.

He then turned his attention to the angel of death, which was racing towards him at Ferrari-like speed, its claws outstretched in an attempt to break its enemy.

"No more games! Let's get some support first."

Thought Henry, looking at his remaining mana which was at two thousand points after his little battle with the angel of death.

He knew that with his current strength it was possible to kill the angel of death, but he would end up destroying the whole farm with his blows.

Looking away from the scene, he noticed on the map a red asinature running towards him, he realized that he had to put an end to it before more angels of death came, this would end up leading to a drawn-out battle and putting his mission at risk.

Raising his hands towards the angel of death, Henry began to shape a familiar illusion in his mind, using twelve hundred mana points to form a figure from the illusion.

"I guess that'll do..."

.

.

...

...

..

...

...

Hello my readers, here's another last minute chapter, if you like it please drop a few stones, but no pressure, thank you for your comments and compliments.

Who do you want to see fighting the angel of death? Let me know in the comments.

2