Chapter One
272 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Our story begins in one of the streets of the residential area of City Z, where the arrival of a monster has caused the people on said street to flee in terror due to its presence alone. It appeared to be a hybrid between a man and a crab, seeing that its upper body took on the appearance of a crab, even if his head was not shaped like that of a crab's, and it also had the lower half of a human simply wearing a piece of men's underwear.

Seeing that its presence in the street was enough to make people run for their lives, it simply started to laugh in a weird manner without paying too much attention to the people he encountered during his walk.

As the monster continued to roam the streets looking to cause more mayhem, he suddenly spots a woman of average height with a slender figure walking in his direction. She had straight, black, shoulder-length hair and she was currently wearing a black business suit, complete with a white blouse, a knee-length skirt and a pair of short heels while carrying a small purse on her right shoulder walking towards him. And from what the monster could tell, it looked like the young woman in front of him had failed to notice him.

Being mildly shocked that a normal citizen would walk towards him without a care in the world, he proceeds to step in front of her in order to block her way forward.

And while the crab monster was approaching her, the young woman was pondering something in her mind.

'Man, this sucks. I just can't seem to get a well paying job right now. And plus, I have to deal with that old hag and her nagging when I get back to my apartment. I really hope that she’s out doing some groceries or something.' she thinks to herself while walking to her home, still failing to notice the large monster in front of her.

"Shouldn't you be running away for your life? Geegeegeegee!!!!" the crab monster said as soon as he was now face to face with the young woman.

"The name's Crablante. I turned into a crab monster because I ate too many crabs and I love eating crab! Hey lady! It looks like you've have a tough day at the office am I right?" the monster speaks to her, while the woman simply stopped her walk before she looked at him with a bored expression on her face.

"No....not really. I'm just sad because I failed to land a job today." the woman responds to the monster's question while continuing to look at the crab monster with the same bored expression she had been giving him so far.

"And because I failed so miserably at securing a job for myself, I just couldn't care less about anything right now. In fact, I don't even fee like running away from you, Crablante." she continued her reply while looking at the monster in front of her with her dull, lifeless eyes.

"Gegege!!!! Well, I'll let you live since you've got that lifeless look in your eyes, just like me." the monster told her as he started to walk past her.

"After all, I have my eyes on someone else. A brat with a big chin." he states with a bit of an angry voice as he walks onwards to the road ahead of him.

A few minutes later

As the young woman continued to walk back to her home, we see that she has arrived at a playground somewhere in the city. And for a brief moment, she stopped walking because she suddenly spotted a young boy with a big chin that had an opening at the center of his huge chin, making his chin look like there were a pair of balls stuck on his chin wearing a white shirt along with some shorts.

'A big chinned brat!!!!' she screams in her mind, while also wondering how anyone could have a weird shaped chin like the kid had and still be considered as a normal  human.

" Hey kid. Did you happen to run into a large crab monster today?" she asked with a bored voice.

"Hmm?....Oh yeah, I drew some nipples on his chest while he was sleeping with a marker." the boy responded to the young woman's question.

'Yep, that's definitely the brat alright.' she concluded to herself, as she continues to look at the boy with a neutral expression.

"Well, you better go home before the monster finds you out in these streets. I happened to encounter him myself and he looked really angry when he was talking about you." the woman says as she starts to walk away from the playground, believing that the kid would make his way home after hearing her warning.

But she was not able to go too far, when she felt a sudden presence behind her. It turned out that Crablante was right behind her.

"There you are you little brat!!!! You're gonna pay for what you did to my manly shell!!!!' the crab monster shouted in rage as he rushes forward to flatten the boy like a pancake with a single hit.

Fortunately for the big-chinned child, he was spared from such a horrible fate when the woman who had been warning him just moments ago jumped in and saved him from the pincers of the crab monster. Even though she was internally complaining about her sudden act of heroism in her head.

'Damn you, you stupid brat!!!! You're lucky that I decided to save you from this angry monster because just letting you die while I'm right here would leave me unable to sleep at night. Ugh!!!! Why couldn't you just leave that monster alone? Don't you know that monsters can be merciless towards anyone that make fun of them the way you did today?' she ranted in her head as she looked at the boy that she was saving him from the monster.

" You're his target kid!!!! Run now!!!!" the young woman shouted out to the child next to her.

"B...But my football..." the child stuttered out his reason for not running away, still not moving from where he sat.

"Your ball?! Are you crazy? Just run already!!!!" the young woman shouted back at the boy.

"Huh? What's the big idea lady?! You wanna die today?" the crab monster yelled at the young woman, seeing that she had rescued his target just now.

"Yooo! Come on man, do you really need to kill a kid over a harmless prank like that right? I could even clean the markings for you so that your shell won’t look weird." the woman asked the monster while rummaging through her purse, hoping she could somehow stop him from killing the child with her offer to help him out.

"I've already killed people for much less, so I don't really care about that. And even if you cleaned the kid’s drawn nipples, I bet that he would try to draw something else on my shell if he ever caught me off guard again, so I’ll pass on your offer. Because anybody that makes fun of the way I look dies. No exceptions! And if you get in my way, then I'll make sure that today will be the last day you look for a job!" Crablante angrily answered the young woman in front of him.

After she made sure that the kid she was rescuing would be safe from harm for the time being by moving towards Crablante, she then took on a battle stance to confront the monster in front of her.

However, the monster quickly backhanded the young woman with one of his arms, which resulted in her taking some serious damage from the attack as she was sent flying to the wall of one of the buildings in the area.

The force of Crablante's hit was so powerful that the wall of the building that she had crashed into began to form cracks, which in turn led to some of the destroyed parts of the wall she was sent flying towards to fall to the ground alongside the young woman.

Seeing that the woman was sent flying by his attack, Crablante then proceeded to walk towards the boy in order to land a solid hit on him. But before he could deal a killing blow towards the boy, the crab monster felt something hit him on the head, which distracted him for a moment.

Annoyed by the fact that some random person would actually dare to interrupt him right now, Crablante turned his back to the direction from where the rock was thrown from, only to see the same young woman that he had back handed moments ago shakily standing up and glaring at him.

"Now hold up. Seeing as the kid is a part of the generation that will be taking care of us when we get old, I can't just let you kill him. Also, I'm done looking for an office job. Starting today, I'm going to be a heroine who will one day be capable of defeating villains like you with a single punch. SO COME FACE ME!" she shouted out to the monster, with great determination as she threw away the coat that .

Crablante then proceeded to hit the woman with a few more blows using his pincer arms to strike her down while also mocking her for the fact that she thought she could actually survive against his attacks as well as her desire for being a hero.

And once again, Crablante turned his attention back to his original target, believing that he has finished off the young woman for good this time.

Despite suffering as a result from his strikes, the woman forced herself to get up and fight again. After taking of her heels and taking out a piece of the broken wall that she had kept in her purse while the crab monster was walking towards the boy after hitting her towards the wall, she managed to gain his attention once more.

“Hey crab face! You think I’m done with you?” she shouted out towards the crab monster, who had stopped in his tracks the moment he heard the words that were directed towards him.

"Huh?!!!" Crablante began to turn around towards her direction and briefly looked at the young woman in front of him with bloodshot eyes. But before Crablante even took a step forward, he was hit by the chunk of the wall that the woman had held in her hands right between his legs.

“Guuuuuh!” the crab monster grunted in pain as he hunched over as a result of his groin taking a direct hit while covering it with his crab-clawed arms in reflex.

The moment of pain that the crab was experiencing allowed her to run up to him, before she jumped over him. But as she was about to jump over the monster's head, she grabbed onto one of his eyes and began to tug on it with all of her might.

This action led to the forced removal of his brain through the opening of the eye that she was pulling from, leading to the immediate death of the crab monster.

*Huff, Pant, Pant*

As the black-haired woman took in ragged breaths, she then looked towards the ball-chin shaped child and told him to go home immediately. The child then proceeded to run towards his home as quick as he could without any hesitation.

"Man, am I glad that I was able to save the brat from the monster. But I really was lucky that I was even able to survive against that monster. One wrong move from me and today could have been the last day of our lives."she pondered to herself while looking at the dead body of the monster she defeated just moments ago.

'But after fighting this monster, I really feel like I can be a hero to other people the way I did to the boy. So I think I'll just start being a hero from today onwards. Screw being an office worker!!!! I'm going to be a hero like I always wanted to be when I was a kid. And it's not like I have anything holding me back from being a hero this time around. Hehehe! Monsters and criminals beware, for this moment of time will be the day that a new hero shall be born! And when I am done with my training, I will be able to beat any opponent with a single attack!' she screams in her mind, with a passion burning in her soul and a fire in her eyes as she grinned like a madwoman.

A few hours after the death of Crablante

Within the walls of a luxurious office somewhere in City A, there was a middle-aged man in a black suit with brown hair, short and well-kept hair, and a big chin that was shaped like a pair of balls, and he was sitting on his desk as he was deep in thought about something serious.

'The appearance of monsters is certainty making it difficult for us civilians to live peacefully in this world that we live in. And to think that my beloved grandson could have died at the hands of one of these hideous creatures! It is a miracle that he was saved by the young woman that he was talking about today, but who knows when the next monster may attack him again?' the big-chinned businessman pondered to himself while thinking about what his grandson had told him.

'The rapid rise in the number of monsters is definitely a concerning development. At any rate, it is of utmost importance that humanity make a move in order to fix this problem as soon as we can.' the businessman thought to himself, as he now felt that he had a duty to help people after being inspired by the actions of the young woman who had saved his grandson earlier in the day.

'From now on, I vow to use my wealth to help support those who wish to save others while putting their lives on the line. I believe it is time I made a few calls.' the old man stated as he took out a cell phone.

This moment in time would mark the day that an organization with the goal of protecting the citizens of the world from the monsters that threatened their safety by supporting those that were willing to protect them was established. And it all started with the defeat of a monster at the hands of a civilian in City Z.

Nighttime, a few hours after sunset

In a small room of a crappy apartment building somewhere in City Z, we see the young woman wearing her pajamas (a t-shirt and a pair of boxer pants) lying on her bed, exhausted from the fight she had with the crab monster. She was pondering how to go about being a hero and what sort of training regiment she could follow in order to attain the level of strength she wished to have.

'I think I should go with something that will strengthen my body as a whole. But how do I go about doing that? Oh yeah, maybe I'll do a few push-ups, sit-ups, squats and a few kilometers on a daily basis. I don’t know how many reps I should do before I start my training, I’m too tired to think of a proper number for that right now. Oh!!!! And I'll have to challenge as many monsters as I can, starting with the weaker ones of course.' she thought to herself with a bit of excitement despite her exhaustion she was feeling after her fight with the crab monster.

‘I should also stop using the air conditioner after I finish my training. No matter what the weather condition ends up being outside.’ she concluded to herself, believing that this measure would help strengthen her mind.

'But what about the rent money I owe the old lady? I was lucky that I didn't encounter her at all today, but she definitely is a pain to talk to during tough times like these. Not that I blame her too much for it, since it's her job and all. But I really need to find a part-time job that will allow me to pay the rent money for the time being. *Sigh* Oh well, no need to dwell on the negative stuff for too long. That will be a problem for future me to deal with.' she continued to think to herself.

'And if all goes well, I just might end up impressing a hot babe or two with the amount of strength I'll acquire in the future. Hehehe… Now that sure would be nice.' she thought to herself as she grinned a perverted grin.

“*Yawn* Well, I should just go to sleep now, I've got a lot to do tomorrow after all." the young woman said as she made herself comfortable before immediately going to sleep the moment she closed her eyes.

13