Prologue: A Certain Illusion Killer
73 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[WAKE UP! WAKE UP! OR ELSE I WILL KISS YOU!!!] 

A right hand slammed into that annoying alarm clock. Of course, if someone was suddenly awakened from a nice dream, they would probably react in the same manner. 

The awakened boy reluctantly carried himself off the insanely comfortable bed. It was 8 am in the morning. The boy was rather lazy so he wouldn't normally wake up by this time. The problem was that he had school today.  

I need enough sleep. The boy thought as he headed towards the bathroom and stood infront of the mirror. 

Unkempt raven hair, dark eyes, good looking features, a lean build, athletic fit and 172 centimetres tall in height. He had the appearance of a normal high-school student that could found anywhere. 

The boy sighed. 

He was considered good looking according to the standards of others but he was never able to get a girlfriend. If his appearance wasn't the problem then what was? It's not like he could blame this on misfortune. 

After cleaning himself, he wore my school uniform and went downstairs to make to pack his lunch box. However, when he got to the fridge... 

"Huh?" 

It was empty. 

The boy titled his head in puzzlement. 

Wait, did I forget to buy the groceries? 

The boy clicked my tongue once. How could he forget to buy the groceries? The boy thought, frustrated. 

He lived by himself in this house. It wasn't that he suddenly transformed into a man. His parents were overseas so he was the one responsible for the house. 

Washing, Cleaning, Laundry and Groceries. He did everything which made the entire situation so alluring. 

"Oh right, that happened." 

He clicked his tongue once again. Last night, he happened to get in a fight with a group of delinquents. As a result, he was deeply exhausted and forget to get the groceries. 

"Such misfortune. Just why the hell did I have to play hero and save that girl? I'm not a protagonist of a manga or anything of the sorts." 

That's right. Where he was going back from school, he came across the scene of a girl being surrounded by a group of boys in a dark alley. Perhaps they wanted her belongings or wanted to do other things. 

A normal person would have probably ignored what was happening. After all, heroes could only be found in a fantasy book. This was reality we were talking about here. It's not like a video game where you can respawn at a checkpoint when you were defeated. 

If you die, it was over. That was just the painful truth so nobody wanted to die. But he couldn't simply ignore that. 

He rushed into the scene like a manga protagonist and pulled a hero move. As you would expect, he managed to save the girl and even fight off the delinquents. But he didn't expect them to bring more of their buddies. 

They were originally three but when their buddies showed up, they became six. There was no way he could win if you continued to fight. Even if you trained your body to the limit or practiced boxing or any form of martial arts, if you get surrounded in a street fight in a street fight, it was all over. 

So he made the right choice and ran like hell. But did the delinquents let him be? Of course not. They chased him around town like demons until they became exhausted. 

None of that would have happened if he just minded his business and ignored what was happening like a coward, but he was the kind of guy that couldn't ignore the misfortune of others so it couldn't be helped. 

"In the end, I will have to skip breakfast today, huh?" 

He left his house with an empty stomach and headed for school. 

Kamijou Ryuji, that was his name. 

This was not an unusual occurrence for Kamijou. He did not know why his life was like this but it has been this way since he was reborn.  

Yes, it is exactly what you are all thinking. The boy somehow happened to reincarnate after death. 

His past name, he could not remember and he could only remember his past life vaguely such as he could not remember how he died or my past appearance. Kamijou did not know why that was the case but he guess It had to do with something about the cycle of reincarnation and rebirth. 

Anyways, he recently awakened his memories one year ago and now he is seventeen. 

For sixteen years, he was wondering the earth with his memories sealed. Another noteworthy information to add was that Kamijou found out I was completely human. 

No powers of any sorts. He couldn't read people's thoughts, move things with his mind or shoot fireballs from his fingers. 

He was completely powerless! When faced with that cold and heartless reality, all his dreams to become an overpowered protagonist was crushed into oblivion. 

Kamijou read rumours that when you reincarnate that you will receive some cheats or a system that would help you grow strong but it seems those rumours were just false. 

But that was okay. That was okay. That was what I would have said in a normal scenario but this case was different. 

Now tell me, WHY THE HELL WAS I REINCARNATED INTO THE WORLD OF HIGHSCHOOL DXD!!! IF I COULD REINCARNATE IN SUCH A WORLD, THEN THAT MEANS I COULD HAVE LITERALLY REINCARNATED IN ANY OTHER WORLD SO WHY!!! 

A world controlled by gods, angels, devils and other supernatural beings. He had to count the number of supernatural beings present in this world, he doubt he will be able to use all the trees in the world. 

Do you know it means to be a normal human in such a world? A super devil would cough and I will be erazed along with this town. That was all it will take and I will be cooked. 

Was he okay with that? Was he okay with such a thing happening? Was he really okay dying such a pathetic death? 

Absolutely not!

However, nothing could be done about it. I was somehow unlucky to be reincarnated into this world. But that didn't mean he was completely powerless.  

He glanced down at his right hand while I was walking. There was a power that resided in that right hand. 

Imagine Breaker. 

From evil spirits that made houses their haunted territory to power shot out from stray devils. Anything using that kind of supernatural power, even if it were part of god's system, would be eliminated without question. 

However, this special right hand only worked on the supernatural itself. Simply put, he could erase a fireball conjured from magic but he was vulnerable to the concrete shards broken by the fireball. Also if the fireball touched anywhere else apart from his right hand, he will be burned. 

Another thing to note was the fact that he will be defeated by modern weapons. For instance, let's say he happened to come face-to-face with a delinquent and that said delinquent was armed with a gun, he will be toast. No matter how you looked at it or flipped the chessboard, it was a very useless power to possess.

He didn't know why he reincarnated into this world of fantasy neither do I know why he possessed a special right hand that could erase any supernatural power. But one fact didn't change. 

"I am really unlucky." 

Yes, he was really an unfortunate boy with a special right hand.    

_____________________________ 

Note: 

1) Ryuji means Double Dragon. 

3) From the original verse, Kamijou means the one who purifies gods and slays demons. 

2