Prologue.
107 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Monsters Came Following

Prologue.

Hey, how many people have now gone missing?

I bet there's many, and most of them are still not found. Doesn't it interest you on where they might be? This is not a resolute answer but just a guess...what if they're no longer in this world – this does not mean that they've died, they might have perhaps been kidnapped to a whole nother planet by aliens and the likes.

Anyhow, this topic truly circulates in a ton of mysteries. A neighbor you just met can disappear immediately or the classmate you rarely knew would change, barely is often used here for we never truly know someone down to the core, unless they're trusting enough to spread all their secrets to you.

.

A police officer just arrived from duty, he looked over to his counter which was messy; papers and flyers were scattered all around, some of it already begun to decay due to age. His expression turned ugly while picking one up from the pile, it was a picture of an asian young man with a pair of peculiar green eyes unusual for his lineage, hidden behind a black framed glasses. The police adjusted his glasses, and stared at the photo for a few minutes. His colleagues suddenly arrived and told him to go on duty again. He grunted and threw the flier back into the pile. The younger colleague came by and patted the older policeman's shoulder, “It's the 50th case this month, geez!”

”And still, we failed. How on earth did so many disappearance cases we’ve been running off to unveil, but there is still no clue on where these people have gone to,” The middle aged policeman sighs. “Could they be abducted by Aliens?” The youngster jokingly mentioned. The middle aged man did not answer because he had pulled the young man off his shoulder. Then, he got a call from his superior. His mood turned sour.

.....

Something weird just occurred... …What happened?

Everyone was stuck firmly in their places. Everyone was full of fear for the capriciousness of this event. Time froze for just a minute but it was like a day for many. Gradually many became more terrified.Rifts formed apart from space popped up one by one, all being ripped off manually by a seemingly sharp red fingernail.

It appeared all around regions, places - hence to say all over the world. And like most stories we read today, monsters appeared. Those creatures were covered in different anomalies, a variety of one and another. Earth was covered by a special dome. And later a screen shone in front of everybody, and located in the middle of the bluish gaze was a 'Game Loading' in bold text.

To save humanity, special humans were filtered out – then humanity found hope. A spark of a new future, another timeline, and a serious fluctuation that created hundreds if not thousands of possibilities!—

“This story is a parody, isn't it?” A voice filled with laughter asked, then a pale hand swiped across the screen.

“More like so.” A male voice replied. 

However, this story doesn't follow the trails of those heroes. It follows a perspective from the people behind the scenes. The villains; the perpetrators for this game...And most importantly, the family who reunited in the midst of it.

.

.

“Daddy, Mommy, can we take a picture?” 

“Of course we can sweetheart, come sit next to Daddy, Yuri.”

“Ok!”

“How about me mom?"

“Stop fidgeting around your tablet first, watching too much gore is bad for your health. The same goes for you sweetie!” 

“Oh man, come here big brother.”

Hello, Author here. The series is updated everyday,  and double chapters can occur sometimes. I've published this work before under a different alias in the same website, but I later deleted it and reworked on the series during the time of my abscence. Thank you for reading, and I hope you'll enjoy MCF or Monsters Came Following! 

While I publish the chapters Ive stockpiled and scheduled, I'll be rewriting my My Beloved is a Yandere Series, its available in my profile and webnovel under Myururest. Love ya all!

5