Chapter 9.
23 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9 'What has the world gone to be,

A shadow overcomed with fear continued to tremble under the sun's mellow light.

The lady who had seen the horrible bloodied scene fell down into the ground with her legs raised upon contact with the sticky hot  red liquid and the unidentifiable yellowish remains scattered about from her position. 

The smell of rust came up into her and she couldn't help but gag. vomiting last night's supper —as an office worker, she usually doesn't eat breakfast.

With closed eyes as she held her phone with a trembling hand, tears stained her pale face as she had a physiological shadow in her heart after seeing the corpse with her own eyes.

Pitiful murmurs escaped from her cherry lips as she finished her short and quick prayer. 

Her hand that intertwined each other broke free as she hugged her legs nearer her face. 

She heard it.

A disturbing noise that made goosebumps rise on her skin. 

Her ash blonde hair twirled together with her sudden dock, her blue eyes fluttered as tear crystals hung on her eyelashes. 

*crack.*

Another noise came,

Much different from the howls of fear,

She peeked out from the little hole she had in her embrace, 

and saw a tall youth standing not far.

"W...Who are you..?"

The lady asked, her voice hoarse from her cries.

Angelo looked at her and a bitter feeling overflowed from his heart.

It was her...

The lady he pursued during the mid days of the gate's appearance and before humanities' doom Doom arrived.

A smile blossomed in his face for a quick second before retracting them back.

They're strangers for now...

"Um, I'm Angelo, and if I'm not mistaken, you're Marie, right?" 

Marie raised her head and stared at the handsome young man. His tan skin overlapped with his brunette unkempt hair that trailed down into his neck. Marie never saw someone so handsome so close, and a sudden burst of redness overflowed.  

"How...How, did you know?...May I know who you are to me?" 

Marie asked, quite doubtful.

"I'm your underclassman at S High back in the past. It's nice to meet you, Senior."

"Ah? You mean...You're Angel?" 

Angel was Angelo's nickname, as feminine it could be, it perfectly described the delicate youth back in highschool days, who would have thought he actually became manly and handsome, the total opposite of what he used to be. 

"Yes..." 

Angelo said while a gloomy line appeared in his face,

He heard that,

And even if he deeply denies his girly self back in the days, what could he do? It was great his body from the present merged with his in the past, he was grateful that he didn't need to have his frail body like last. 

He then held his hand out and glanced at Marie, 

"Let's end our conversation there, I saw you were deeply terrified by the bloody scene, you should go to the hospital first considering you have a wound near your feet."

"Ah?" 

Marie turned to face her soles and saw the large wound she had not noticed. Upon noticing it, pain was registered and a sharp hiss came out from her.

"Do you need help?"

Marie embarrassedly looked up, holding the hand held out, Marie nodded, "Yes,"

Just then, the sound of sirens appeared as Marie embraced Angelo's arms, fearfully.

Her feet had gone numb, it was shaken and she could barely stand up. 

The police car stopped near them as a policeman exited. 

He stood firmly on his spot as the rays of sun hit his back. It was early in the morning, if estimated, I was currently five. 

The police man glanced around the two people he met as he just arrived. 

His gaze then fixed upon the ash blonde lady and he asked,

"Were you the one who called?"

Snuggling up close to Angelo, Marie gasped a few times before able to speak fine, 

"Yes, it was me...."

As she spoke, tears burst out from her red swollen eyes, with one hand pointed to the alley, Marie cried,

"Mr.Police, Mr.Police, thank god you've arrived - there's, there's a corpse in there..."

Before she could finish her words, darkness surrounded her view. Angelo stiffened upon seeing the lady faint. 

"What!" 

The policeman said aloud, he glanced at Angelo and Angelo pretended to tremble. 

"It is as she said, Sir. There's a corpse in there!"

The police nodded on his words and hurriedly rushed into the alley, it did not even take a minute later for him to hurriedly exit.

"It's a battered corpse..." then he glanced at Angelo who was weakened and pale. "Where is anyone who came out of here? No, it shouldn't have been murder..."

"Sir, I don't know if you'll believe me but that space like rift killed the man." Angelo pointed towards the glowing gate whose lights seemed to dim a bit.

"...." The police man went silent, he didn't know if he should believe him.

"A...I...How can I, summarize it...ah, the man accidentally went inside the gate and when I rushed to see here, me and Marie saw him half dead but before we could help, a strange scaly hand held his neck and bit him to death."

Suddenly, the police man answered a phone call and returned with a solemn face.

"...Monsters"

He murmured as Angelo caught a glimpse of fear stricken face.

3