Chapter 13.
18 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13 'Bond (3),

Angelo opened his eyes and stared at Marie who was slowly awakening. Marie dazedly looked around the unfamiliar ceiling before she spotted Angelo who was sitting beside the bed. 

"Awake?", he asked.

She nodded."En." 

"Where is this?" She wondered. 

"The hospital. You've fainted." Angelo replied nonchalantly. 

"Then...." Marie looked back to the scene she saw and unconsciously, she almost gagged. 

Angelo eyed her,"You should get used to it."

"What?"

"The world would become a blood filled place." He explained. 

"Are you serious!?" Marie felt it was too unbelievable. But Angelo did not laugh it out and said he was kidding, the man solemnly looked at her and stated, "The rifts in space appeared, it became a gateway for other dimensional monsters who slowly came out in the goal of invasion. The corpse you saw was what the monster made."

"How could that be!" She cried, "I think you should stop joking, Angel..."

"Suit yourself." He cut off. "It's up to you if you believe it or not. But later today, something will happen to humanity, greatly changing a part of us."

"It couldn't be that you made this all up, because, how can you know about the future?"

"Like I said, suit yourself. I won't bother explaining the reason why I can foresee the future." He announced, turning his back away from her. 

Marie remained silent. She peeked at the man who gave her a sidelong glance before twisting the door knob and walking out. 

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

*Creak...*

The door creaked, Amie had her body prone above the bed as she entered a short slumber when the noise woke her up.

Grunting from the disturbance, she rubbed her eyes as she dazedly stood up. 

Muttering, she said,"We're not yet on business..."

"EH !?", she gasped in surprise.

She rubbed her head and looked dazedly upon the two silhouettes who came in. The first one was familiar, it was the baby faced bookkeeper boy (man) who was at the height of a twelve year old. 

Nothing out of the ordinary except his height. 

Then she moved her gaze at the little girl beside him; she was lovely, cute, and small. She was wearing a pink kitten sweater above her velvet skirt. With large sparkling emerald eyes - the girl who was about the age of four was absolutely cute!

"Yuan, is she your sister?", Amie asked, probing to find out. The girl looked a tad similar to him. It couldn't be his child. She heard that he can't get any children prior to some unexplained reason - it could be that he was too short1 to get a girlfriend, much less to have a kid. 

Instead of hearing a 'yes' from him, Yuan denied,"She isn't." 

"What?" Amie spoke in surprise, she pointed out, "she can't be your neighbor's child? Or is she your niece? You two look a lot alike."

"Neither of the two you mentioned." Yuan refutes. "In fact she's-"

Before he could continue, Yuri jumped in front of him and waved at Amie. The girl's braided hair followed her sudden intrusion towards the middle as she smiled. 

"Hello Auntie~" 

"Ah, hello?" Amie confusedly asked. 

Yuri pursed her lips up as she thanked,"Auntie, thank you for taking care of Daddy while he was working in here,"

Amie waved her hand in awkwardness,"No problem-" then she realized, "Daddy, what!?"

Yuri bowed her head down and played with the hems of her sweater. Looking up, she apologized and explained, "Ah, sorry for not introducing myself. I'm Leng1I prefer Aturomi, but I dont have the strength to change surnames now. Leng is the chinese counterpart for it. I love the surname Aturomi so much hehe, Daddy's daughter." She ended the introduction with her reaching her hand out. 

"Nice to meet you." She cocked her head to the left as she showed a toothy smile. Show me what you've got, Auntie Amie. Show me if you can seduce my dad.

3