Chapter 16.
25 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 16 'Fault Blaming,

..Somewhere.

Yeshi stared at her tablet with a frown, she looked up and glanced at her brother, "Their speech is so cringe." She commented.

Senhi took a cookie and ate it, "For certain it would." He paused a bit as he added, "Who do you think wrote their speech?"

Yeshi answered, "Who else could it be other than Matt." 

"And Matt's a chunni." Senhi replied as he sipped his green tea. His thoughts trailed over a few years ago where they had assigned that position over to him. Senhi was confused on how a stern looking demon like him had a hidden side like this. It was embarrassing to be their prince. 

Yeshi nodded, "Yeah." Her gaze returned to the tablet she was holding that was broadcasting the twins real time. The dragon and phoenix twins issued a peace sign pose on the screen - they did this without knowing what the sign they were making means. A chuckle echoed as she uncontrollably let it out. The twins were naïve in what some terms means here on Earth that is a different dimension and world of those at Zane.

Suddenly, Yeshi thought of something and asked their mother who was sitting across from them. The azure haired elf woman sipped her tea elegantly and silently as she listened carefully about her children's conversation. 

Yeshi placed her tablet down as she asked her mother, "Mommy, are you able to be patient towards things like these that can harm Uncle's reputation if it would be known back there?"

Shen tapped her teacup and warmly said, "Well, it isn't our problem but I do worry about these; but towards Sysy1She has been introduceda few chaps back. Who do you think she/he is?, things like these should be ignored. He won't care at all, besides, Matt2A stern demon-like man, Helen and Halo[modern_foabilityThe twins at the chapter before[/modern_footnote] have the ability to be chunni to do so."

....

The winds of change had flown all over the world. The bittersweet aftertaste, as the normal life was over. A brunette haired man looked forward and anger was plastered all over his face - he pointed his middle finger at the hooded person standing before him. 

"You said you'll make me return a month before everything begins!" Angelo cursed, his calm personality from before had crumbled as curses of all kinds escaped his lips. His violet eyes contracted as he reminisced about the contract he had done with the hooded person. 

The woman in the hood gave Angelo a sidelong glance. 

"Who do you think you are to speak to me like this?" She stated, her azure eye was revealed half way from the hood as the shadow stretched over her face, she sneered towards the pity protest of the other, her gaze lingered on Angelo with belittlement.

"You..." Angelo noticed the other's gaze, and hatred rose inside his heart. "I exchanged my soul for that promise, won't you at least do your part!"

The woman gave him one last glance before turning her head away, "...Of course I would do as I say."

"Then.."

"But I didn't say a month before the gates were invaded."

Angelo bursted, "What!" He said aloud. 

The woman let a few high giggles out of her mouth as she turned her back. "I had promised to make you return a month before it began....when I said a month before...I meant to say, your loved ones' deaths."

Angelo froze. She was right. After a month would pass and if things trail like the past, the people he loves would end up as cold corpses once again. 

"So I won't be standing like an ice block in your spot, shouldn't you hurry over to them before the massacre begins?"

"I'm sorry." Angelo nodded and said in a whisper.

The woman paused,"What's that?"

"I said I'm sorry." Angelo repeated.

"Sorry for what?" The woman peeked at Angelo.

Angelo sighed slightly, "I'm sorry for cursing at you."

The woman retrieved her gaze, "You should be."

 She said before disappearing in the dark. Angelo reverted his gaze as his train of thoughts accelerated,

It's actually like this. He thought. He raised his hands and swiped it backwards alongside his hair, his violet eyes shone, as his pupils looked over at the abyss to where the woman once stood.

3