Chapter 62 – Vampire Arc (3)
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Afari suggested, "Shoot them in the head; that's how you stop them," highlighting the zombies' vulnerability to headshots.

 

Kevin nodded in agreement, replying, "Got it," as he followed Afari's advice, taking careful aim at each zombie's head and putting them down methodically.

 

Baffled by the sudden reappearance of the undead, Kevin asked, "Why are there zombies here? Weren't they all wiped out in 1938 by those heroes?"

 

Afari's voice was serious as he explained, "It's because of a vampire."

 

Taken aback by this revelation, Kevin's mind raced. "A vampire? Captain Edward's speculation was spot-on. He urged us to investigate this case, suggesting that the blood-sucking incidents in Queens might be linked to the vampire." With each zombie falling to his shots, the mystery deepened, hinting at a sinister plot unfolding before them.

 

As the screams of the police officers filled the air with fear and agony, Kevin felt a heavy weight in his chest. The sounds of terror and pain carried through the late afternoon, painting a grim picture of the danger they faced. The chilling cries of the officers under attack by the zombies served as a stark reminder of the grave threat surrounding them.

Kevin Bridget clicked his tongue in disappointment, noting, "Tsk, only 15 police officers left; this is not good," As He quickly reloaded his gun, getting ready for the continuous wave of zombies.

Afari then handed a silver knife to Kevin, saying, "Here, in case you run out of bullets or need a backup plan. Always good to have something up your sleeve." The blade's shine in the dim light hinted at its deadly purpose, a silent reassurance in the face of escalating danger.

They stood before the mansion, where Kevin Bridget had first learned about the reports of blood-sucking incidents occurring in the area.

Meanwhile

In a dimly lit room, a woman's voice pierced the silence. "Baron Blood, you're here," she said with authority and mystery.

Baron Blood bowed respectfully, acknowledging her presence. "Your Majesty, Princess Lysandra D'Verte," he greeted with reverence.

Princess Lysandra, a commanding figure in the dim room, looked directly at Baron Blood. "I need you to get rid of those pests outside our mansion," she said, her voice hinting at impatience.

Baron Blood replied quickly and confidently, his determination clear in his voice. "As you wish, Your Majesty,"

Princess Lysandra nodded; her tone firm yet composed. You may excuse yourself now," she dismissed him, her demeanor regal and composed as she awaited the swift execution of her command.

 

As Baron Blood surveyed the scene from his perspective, he could feel the anticipation building within him. His eyes gleamed with a predatory hunger as he watched Kevin Bridget and Jamal Afari battling against the zombies with impressive skill and abilities.

 

Turning to his loyal lieutenant, a vampire named Viktor, Baron Blood spoke in a low, commanding voice, "Viktor, prepare yourself and the Ghouls. We shall join the fray shortly."

 

Viktor nodded obediently, his crimson eyes reflecting his unwavering loyalty. "As you command, my lord," he replied before swiftly disappearing into the darkness to carry out his orders.

 

As Baron Blood left the dimly lit room, Princess Lysandra remained relaxed on her luxurious chaise longue, casually sipping her blood-red wine.

Her confidence in Baron Blood's abilities was unwavering, and she saw no need to intervene personally. To her, the heroes outside were nothing more than insignificant pests, easily squashed beneath the heel of her powerful vampire servant.

As Princess Lysandra savored her wine, a wicked grin spread across her lips, and amusement danced in her eyes. "Let them run around like frightened mice," she muttered with contempt, her voice tinged with mockery. "Baron Blood will dispose of them effortlessly, just as he always does." 

But as she enjoyed her confidence, a sudden sharp pain pierced her chest, making her gasp in agony. Holding onto her heart, Princess Lysandra grimaced, breathing shallowly as she felt the lingering pain of a scar carved deep into her flesh.

 

"That man... with the silver claws..." she whispered, her voice filled with pain. "His mark... it's on me... his claws were made of silver..."

Fear flickered in her eyes as she remembered the attack by the mysterious assailant, the memory of his silver claws leaving a haunting scar upon her skin. "It's okay," she whispered, her voice trembling with fear. "He's not here... not here."

 

Meanwhile, Outside the big mansion, the fight was chaotic. Kevin Bridget and Jamal Afari fought with skill, their guns loud as they faced the never-ending wave of zombies coming at them like a flood of death.

With every time Kevin squeezed the trigger, another zombie fell. He didn't miss, his shots hitting their mark each time. He moved smoothly, like he was born to fight in this chaos, taking out the undead threats one after another. Next to him, Jamal was just as skilled. He moved with the grace of someone who had been fighting for years, his strikes quick and deadly, cutting down any zombie that dared to get close to him.

 

In the midst of the chaotic battle, a group of police officers stood side by side with Kevin Bridget and Jamal Afari. They all had their guns ready, trying hard to stop the approaching wave of scary zombies.

Then Kevin Bridget, a First class -Sergeant with a commanding presence, issued orders to the group of officers led by Staff Sergeant Mart Ramirez. "Hold your ground, everyone! We need to push them back!" he directed, his voice cutting through the chaos with authority. "Ramirez, keep your squad tight and focus your fire on the incoming threats!"

 

Staff Sergeant Mart Ramirez, recognizing Kevin's higher rank, swiftly relayed the orders to his men, ensuring that Kevin's directives were followed to the letter. "You heard the First class - sergeant! Lock and load, and keep those undead bastards at bay!" he shouted, his own voice carrying the weight of years of experience and leadership.

As the officers gathered around Kevin, they stood together as a strong and determined team, unwavering in the face of the supernatural danger. Following Kevin's lead, they fought with new energy and determination, working together seamlessly to push back the horde of zombies.

 

As (SSgt) Mart Ramirez fought bravely with his fellow officers, a dangerous moment arose. A zombie charged at him, its rotten hands clawing towards him, aiming to bite into his skin. Just as Mart prepared for the attack, but before the zombie could make contact, a rookie police officer named Rahul Jones leaped into action.

With quick reactions, Rahul shoved Sergeant Mart aside, stopping the zombie's attack just in time. The zombie's teeth nearly bit Mart, but Rahul's intervention saved him from a serious injury.

 

Impressed by Rahul's bravery and quick actions, Mart regained his balance and swiftly killed the zombie with a precise shot to the head. Looking at Rahul, Mart saw determination and courage in the young officer's eyes, bringing a sense of hope amidst the chaotic battle. 

"Nice save, Jones," Mart praised, his voice filled with relief as he patted Rahul's shoulder. "Keep that quick thinking up, we'll need it if we're going to make it through this."

 

Rahul nodded, feeling proud as Sergeant Ramirez acknowledged his actions. "Roger That, Staff Sergeant," he responded, his voice unwavering despite the rush of adrenaline. "I'll watch out for you."

As the battle raged on, Rahul's bravery once again shone through as he saved another police officer from a zombie's grasp. His quick actions didn't go unnoticed, as First-Class Sergeant Kevin Bridget commended him with a smile, feeling a sense of pride for the young officer.

"Good job, Rahul," Kevin praised, his smile reflecting the admiration he felt for the brave rookie.

"Thank you, sir," Rahul replied, returning the smile, his heart swelling with gratitude for the recognition.

But just as they were feeling a sense of relief and happiness, tragedy struck suddenly and horribly. Rahul's joyful expression turned into one of unbearable agony as his stomach was violently ripped open by an unseen force.

The young officer's eyes widened in shock and agony as he felt the cold grip of death closing in around him. His breath caught in his throat, his strength draining rapidly as blood spilled from the fatal wound inflicted by the vampire's cruel hand

(SSgt) Mart Ramirez's shout of shock and horror pierced the chaos as he witnessed the gruesome scene unfold before him. "Rahul!!!!!!" he yelled, his voice filled with anguish and disbelief.

Kevin Bridget's expression darkened with grief and fury as he realized what had happened. "No!!!!!!" he roared, his fists clenched in frustration at the cruel twist of fate.

Struggling to speak through the excruciating pain, Rahul managed to utter a final word, his voice choked with agony. "Si-i—ir," he gasped, his strength fading rapidly as he succumbed to his mortal wound. With a shuddering breath, he died, his eyes closing for the final time.

 As Viktor observed the aftermath of his brutal attack, a wicked grin spread across his lips. With a quick motion, he pulled his blood-soaked hand away from Rahul's lifeless body, his crimson eyes glinting with malevolent satisfaction.

"Pathetic," Viktor scoffed, his voice full of disdain as he looked at the dead rookie officer. "To think he believed he could stand against the might of a vampire."

 

Amidst the confusion and sadness on the battlefield, Staff Sergeant Mart Ramirez and First-Class Sergeant Kevin Bridget found it hard to accept the terrible loss of their comrade. They felt very sad as they thought about what had happened to the brave young officer.

 

Mart's heart felt heavy with sorrow, and anger boiled within him as he looked at Rahul's lifeless form. The pain of losing a young and promising officer was almost too much to bear.

"He didn't deserve this," Mart muttered, his voice choked with emotion. "He was just a kid, damn it."

As Mart looked at the vampire Viktor in the distance, a burning anger surged through him like a wildfire. He could see Viktor's utter lack of care for human life in how he mercilessly ended Rahul's young existence.

With a steely resolve, Mart clenched his fists, his jaw set with determination. "Vampire!!!!!," he growled, he said fiercely with righteous fury. "You will pay for what you've done."

 

"Vampire...?" one officer whispered in fear, his voice shaking as he glanced at the ominous silhouette.

 

"Did he just say vampire?" another officer murmured, wide-eyed with disbelief, gripping his weapon tightly.

 

But with no time to dwell on their astonishment, the police officers focused on the immediate danger – the relentless zombie horde still bearing down on them. They knew they had to push past their fear and fight on.

 

Then, turning his attention to Mart, Viktor sneered, "Address me as Viktor," he commanded, his voice dripping with contempt. "You're nothing but an insignificant worm. Remember that." 

Before the confrontation could escalate further, another figure materialized 

 

 Baron Blood regarded Mart with a cold, calculating gaze, his presence radiating power and authority. "Viktor, did you carry out my orders?" he demanded, his voice echoing with an icy edge.

 

Viktor bowed his head deferentially. "Yes, Sir Baron Blood," he replied obediently, though a flicker of unease crossed his features at the mention of the legendary vampire's name.

"Baron Blood?" Mart exclaimed, his disbelief evident in his tone. "But... Baron Blood was defeated during the war. How can this be?"

 

Then Kevin Bridget's voice cut through the tension, his words filled with incredulity. "Baron Blood, a German by the name of John Falsworth. He was a vampire defeated by the heroes during World War I. How is it possible that you're him?"

 

Baron Blood's expression turned serious as Kevin questioned him, a hint of amusement in his eyes. "Ah, so you're familiar with my history," he said, his voice filled with menace. "But let me assure you, my lord will be the one who will rule this era."

In a quiet, firm voice, Jamal muttered to himself, a hint of caution and determination in his words. "Baron Blood," he whispered, his tone cautious. "This just got a whole lot more dangerous. And if he referred to someone as 'my lord,' it means there are even more powerful vampires behind him."

 

To be continued

0