Chapter 64 – Vampire Arc (5)
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I swung through Queens, I focused real hard, trying to sense Sir Kevin Bridget's chi. But then, oh man, a bad feeling hit me - lots of chi signatures were disappearing. It was like a heavy weight dropping on me - those folks were probably gone. Come on, come on, please don't die, I whispered inside. My heart was pounding fast as I rushed towards where they were, really hoping to find them okay.

Finally, I spotted them amidst the chaos, but my relief was short-lived as I caught sight of a monstrous figure – a ghoul. Shock and fear gripped me as I realized the danger they were facing.

I swung my web towards the trio of ghouls. These monsters had taken the lives of many police officers, and I wasn't gonna hold back. They weren't people; they were ghouls. With swift precision, I caught them fast in my web, trapping them in one spot. Then, quick as lightning, I summoned my throwing knives in my inventory. 

 

I aimed my throwing knives straight at their eyes, putting all my strength into it. With no mercy, I let them fly, and with a powerful impact, the knives pierced their eyes.

I quickly spun my web around their bodies, making sure they were completely trapped and couldn't break free.

I landed smoothly in front of the police officers. Eric's voice cut through the chaos, calling out, "Spiderman!!!" It was a moment of hope.

"What's going on, sir?" I asked the police officers who gestured for my attention.

 

"Just call me Eric," one of them replied, sounding tired but resolute. "It's the vampires. They're causing all this chaos," he explained, his frustration clear. ""Our comrades fell victim to them," he added, his voice carrying both sadness and anger.

 

Faced with the danger of vampires, I quickly turn towards from the trapped ghouls to Eric, a sense of urgency gripping me. "Sir Eric, can you handle these ghouls?" I asked, concern filled my voice. "I believe that you and the other police officers deserve to kill these ghouls as they were the ones who killed your fallen comrades." I continued, my voice firm. "That's why I trapped them in my web while I also blinded them," I clarified, keeping it simple. "They need to pay for what they've done."

 

As Eric looked at me, we shared a silent understanding, both burdened by the loss we had witnessed but determined to see justice done. "We'll handle this," he said, his voice heavy with sadness but his determination clear. "Thanks for your help, Spider-Man."

As I tuned into Kevin Bridget's, relief flooded me when I realized they were okay. But alongside that comfort, I sensed a dark, eerie chis. Could this be the vampires? And then, there was another chi, engaged in a battle against this darkness. Someone else was fighting against the evil force.

 

In the distance, I saw a person battling the evil force. He looked like a man from Africa. Then, in my mind, I silently requested my system to provide me with his status.

 

"Affirmative, host... Complete," the system responded.

 

Status

Name: Jamal Afari

Nationality: Sudanese

Age: 36

 

Attributes:

 

Strength: 110

Agility: 105

Endurance: 100

Stamina: 105

Intelligence: 90

Reflexes: 110

Charisma: 40

Luck: 70

Skills:

 

Weapon Proficiency: Skilled in the use of various weapons suitable for vampire hunting, including stakes, swords, and firearms.

Tracking: Experienced in tracking vampires and other supernatural creatures, utilizing knowledge of their behavior and habitats.

Stealth: Proficient in moving silently and remaining undetected, useful for sneaking up on vampires and infiltrating their lairs.

Lore: Knowledgeable about vampire lore, including their weaknesses, strengths, and history, allowing for effective planning and strategy.

Special Abilities:

 

Vampire Slayer: Jamal possesses specialized training and equipment for hunting and combating vampires, including knowledge of their weaknesses and effective tactics for dispatching them.

Enhanced Senses: Jamal's senses are heightened, allowing him to detect vampires and other supernatural entities more easily.

Regeneration Resistance: Jamal has developed a resistance to vampire bites and other forms of supernatural regeneration, making him more resilient in combat against them.

Technique Skills:

 

Blade Mastery (Beyond Master): Highly skilled in the use of bladed weapons, such as swords and daggers, for precise and lethal strikes against vampires.

Capoeira (Advanced): Proficient in the Brazilian martial art of Capoeira, known for its acrobatic movements and fluid strikes.

Boxing (Beyond Master): Mastered the art of boxing, utilizing precise punches and footwork to deliver devastating blows.

Shotokan Karate (Beyond Master): Mastered the traditional Japanese martial art of Shotokan Karate, focusing on powerful strikes and dynamic movements.

Kung Fu (Advanced): Proficient in the Chinese martial art of Kung Fu, incorporating a wide range of striking, kicking, and grappling techniques.

Ninjutsu (Advanced): Proficient in the Japanese martial art of Ninjutsu, specializing in stealth, espionage, and unconventional combat tactics.

Escrima (Master): Highly skilled in the Filipino martial art of Escrima, known for its use of sticks, knives, and empty-hand techniques in close-quarters combat.

 

Jamal Afari? Blade's mentor! Holy moly, in the Blade comics, Jamal Afari was a legendary vampire hunter. He retired from hunting vampires, and he took on the role of mentor, passing down his formidable skills to Blade, the very person who had once rescued him when Blade was just nine years old. However, in the current timeline, Blade isn't around yet; as it's still 1947, and he's only 36 years old. Regardless, looking at Afari's stats, it's obvious he's still really good at what he does. His stats and abilities are seriously overpowered when it comes to vampires.

 

 

"Now let's turn to the vampire he was fighting," I muttered silently, prompting my Spider-Man System to display the creature's status.

 

"Affirmative, host. Scanning... Complete." The system responded promptly.

 

Name: Baron Blood (John Falsworth)

Nationality: British

Age: Over 100 (appears mid-30s due to vampiric condition)

 

Attributes:

 

Strength: 150

Agility: 140

Endurance: 160

Stamina: 150

Intelligence: 130

Reflexes: 140

Charisma: 40

Luck: 50

 

Special Abilities:

 

Vampiric Physiology: Baron Blood possesses enhanced physical attributes and regenerative abilities typical of vampires, granting him increased strength, speed, and durability.

Baron Blood can withstand sunlight for a limited duration, enabling him to remain active during daylight hours. However, this resilience comes with a trade-off: he forfeits the use of traditional Shape changing abilities, such as morphing into a bat or wolf.

 

Flight: Baron Blood can transform into a bat-like form and fly at high speeds.

Hypnosis: He has the ability to hypnotize and manipulate weaker-willed individuals, bending them to his will.

Regeneration: Baron Blood can rapidly heal from most injuries, including severe wounds and limb reattachment.

Vampiric Bite: Baron Blood's bite can transmit the vampiric infection, potentially turning victims into vampires under his control.

 

Skills:

 

Swordsmanship: Proficient in sword fighting techniques, often wielding a rapier with deadly precision.

Charisma: Skilled in manipulation and deception, using his charm and wit to gain the trust of his victims.

Strategy: Experienced in military tactics and strategic planning, utilizing his intellect to outmaneuver opponents.

 

Holy shit It's Baron fucking blood, In the comics, this guy becomes a vampire after getting too greedy for power from Dracula's castle. Dracula hypnotizes him, turning him into a vampire as well. He ends up teaming up with the German army during World Wars I and II, terrorizing England as Baron Blood. Heroes like Union Jack, who's secretly his brother, try to stop him, and Union Jack manages to injure him with a silver blade, forcing him to flee England. Later on, he disguises himself as his own descendant, living in Falsworth Manor and plotting against his niece and brother. But eventually, Captain America killed him in the end. Pretty fucked Up right

In this world, I'm almost certain he perished during the war while battling the heroes, the Howling Commandos. So, why is he here now?

Just When I thought Baron Blood died fighting the heroes in the war, here he is, alive and kicking. It's puzzling how he managed to survive when everyone who wrote the news thought he was done for. Maybe there's more to his story or some weird stuff going on. Either way, his sudden return is fishy, and it seems like he's up to no good.

 

Looking at Baron Blood's abilities, it's no surprise he's so formidable considering he's been alive for over a century. His immunity to direct sunlight, albeit temporary, makes sense now, especially with the experiments he's undergone. Reflecting on vampire weaknesses, it's all clicking into place. In those vampire movies, I used to think it was just plot armor when the hunters took them down so easily. I mean, vampires are supposed to be these superior beings, right? After all, they age slowly and are strong. But now it's clear – every time they face their weaknesses, they weaken. It's like a vulnerability cascade. So, it's not just luck or plot convenience; it's the inherent weakness of their kind.

It appeared that they hadn't noticed me since their attention was entirely focused on their battles.

 

Meanwhile

As Jamal Afari stood opposite Baron Blood, you could feel the tension mounting in the air. Both of them eyed each other, full of determination. It was clear they were about to have one heck of a fight, pushing themselves to the max to see who'd come out on top.

Jamal gripped his silver blade tightly, ready to strike at Baron Blood. In a quick motion, he pulled out his gun, holding it in his other hand as a backup in case his blade failed to strike. He got into a defensive position, his muscles tense and ready to attack.

As Baron Blood saw that Jamal was ready, he swiftly jumped forward, his fangs showing as he snarled like a hungry beast. Jamal quickly moved to the side, dodging the attack smoothly. He then kicked out with his left foot, aiming carefully at Baron Blood's stomach.

The kick landed solidly, knocking the wind out of Baron Blood and sending him stumbling back. Jamal didn't waste a moment, quickly launching into a flurry of strikes with his silver blade, each swing aimed to take down the vampire.

Each strike found its mark, causing Baron Blood to howl in agony as his undead body weakened with each blow. His movements slowed, and his strength faded with every hit from Jamal's silver blade.

With each strike, Jamal could hear Baron Blood's furious protests. "You human!" the vampire roared; his voice filled with angry. "You Insect!!!!" But Jamal remained resolute, pressing his advantage with each swing of his silver blade.

As Baron Blood attacked again, Jamal quickly blocked his strikes with his silver blade.

Jamal smirked as he parried Baron Blood's attacks. "Feeling weaker, are we?" he taunted.

Baron Blood growled in frustration at Jamal's taunt, his eyes flashing with rage.

As Jamal fought Baron Blood, a sudden presence caught his attention. A figure swung into the scene. Landing gracefully in the midst of the chaos, this newcomer drew Jamal's astonished gaze. He saw the black suit and blue eyes mask—It was Spider-Man, the new hero in town.

With Baron Blood weakened by Jamal's silver blade and bullets, Spider-Man swiftly zapped him with a burst of webbing, immobilizing him further. The vampire struggled against the webbing but found himself unable to break free. Turning to Jamal, Spider-Man nodded, his voice determined. "Now, sir, shoot him in the head."

With determination, Jamal aimed his gun steadily at Baron Blood's head, his finger ready to pull the trigger.

Baron Blood's eyes widened in terror as he realized his impending fate. "No! You can't!" he shrieked, his voice filled with desperation.

But Jamal remained resolute. With a firm pull, he fired the shot. The sound reverberated through the night, followed by a silence as Baron Blood fell lifeless to the ground.

 

"Thanks, Spider-Man," Jamal said gratefully, nodding towards the masked hero. "I could've taken him down on my own, but it would've been a longer fight. Your help made all the difference."

"And why are you here, though?" Jamal asked, curious about Spider-Man's sudden appearance.

"Umm, I heard about Queens, that there's a blood-sucking incident and people are dying. So yeah," Spider-Man hesitated, his voice is a little bit weird. "As a hero, I can't just turn a blind eye to this, can I?"

"Yeah, I get that. After all, you're a vigilante, just like me," Jamal replied, understanding Spider-Man's sense of responsibility.

Suddenly, a woman appeared in front of them, her presence commanding attention. "How dare you!!!!" she exclaimed, her voice dripping with anger and grief. "You killed my trusted servant!"

Spider-Man's response had a touch of sarcasm. "Hey, we're the victims here, not you." He folded his arms, confuse filled his face.

To be continued 

0