Babylonia
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A sand storm blocked our sight, we weren't able to see what we had in front of us, but one thing was right for me, you're walking in front of me. A cloak is wrapped around your body, aviator goggles protect your eyes and your shadow covers me, imposing, encouraging me to keep moving forward.

Every step drowns me more and more into the sand, the despair of not seeing what’s in front of me, the sand filtering in my clothes, every step burnt my feet, is like walking into the flames of hell itself.

 

  • Don’t give up on yourself!

 

You screamed.

 

  • This is nothing for us! The city is waiting for us!

 

You encouraged

Suddenly you stopped and turned your body to see me and extended your hand to me, a smile was drawn on your lips. I take your hand and, like if some spell was placed on me, I was renewed with energy.

I walked by your side, holding your hand at any moment, at one point, I saw your lips and you were whispering something.

 

  • 「 I promise I'll be here until the end 」

 

I smiled at you one more time before catching some breath and keep walking.

Far away, we glimpse walls that cover all visible fields.

You laughed loudly.

 

  • Ha! I told you, didn’t I?!

 

You said, victorious.

The walls in our view hovered above our bodies, imposing, covering us with the shadows.

It was decorated with blue tiles, the gold, white, and black too, different animals were all over the walls like lions, goats and mythological beings such as chimeras.

I took my time to figure out where we were standing, until I remembered it.

The Ishtar Gate.

Behind these magnificent walls it was a city, people going by, a festive atmosphere glimpse and called all the people who crossed the walls.

With you holding my hand we decided to go into the city, a market welcomed us, torches buried on the sands guide our way and called us to keep walking, beautiful women's with precious gems on their clothes clink with the sway of her hips, dancing in the sunlight, clothed in skirts of white fabric, dark skin that shined with the sunlight, well-cared bodies, long and brown hair that shake with the movement of their hips and arms, eyes that looked like gems.

The laughter of the people, the smiles of everyone and the sweet yet hot dance of the dancers make complicated our way, well.

My way.

You gave a soft punch with your gloved hand on my shoulder, I turned my face to see you.

You smiled flirtatiously and started to run all over the place while the night fell above us.

While we walked, laughed and run, we were closer to that temple in the middle of the city, a pyramid that seemed to touch the sky, it made me feel small and unnecessary in this world, but none of this matter, because I’m here, at your side, in the middle of this party, of this dance that I don’t want to end in any moment, your hand holding mine, the sound of your voice, calling my name.

Before we even noticed it, we were on the first step of that temple, it had an oval base, the stairs were extremely narrow, but every step was encouraging us to keep going, every step was pushing us towards the stars and constellations that I dreamed of caressing one day.

The feeling was pure ecstasy, every step we made was like if my soul was free of weight and obligation, but just like ecstasy, deep inside of me a guilt was growing up, we knew that this is something wrong, forbidden and in any moment we could be dead.

The sight right here was beautiful, behind us the party still going on, the torches lighted all the place and the people won't stop with the celebration and dance, every person was like a star in the sky that decorated their internal universe, every person is his own god and the owner of their own existence.

 Every person lives life in their own way without fear of the destiny that waits for us.

 

  • Beautiful, isn’t it?

 

You said without looking back.

 

  • Yes, you’re right.

 

I answered.

We keep quiet for a moment as we saw the celebration, after a few seconds that felt like eternity itself we kept going until we reached the end of the temple.

A beautiful Indigo color decorated the place, it was precious, no matter where you looked, the temple make you touch the stars and caress the clouds with your bare hands, the wind touched your face and make your hair sway gently, you moved your hand to the goggles that covered your eyes and take them to your neck, where hanged from your neck.

Your scarlet eyes brightened with the moonlight, hypnotizing me, you looked at me and smiled widely, you surely looked like a goddess of this temple and the city.

Before we entered the temple, we turned back to look at the city that was under our feet for a few seconds. Far away, far from the walls was an oasis, the water from it reflected the light of the moon and was gently painted with the shine of the stars, far from the oasis I wasn’t capable of see something more than sand, a place that defied the psyche and stamina of the human body, a place that push the limits of what is established in our bodies.

You sighed and turned your body to the entrance of the temple.

Two torches welcomed two strangers that fought against weather and nature to be right here, right now.

There were offerings of all types around the place, and in the middle of it was a throne, decorated with gold, emeralds, and all types of precious gems, we looked up.

Above us there was no roof, it was an observatory, the stars could be watched with more clarity than before, the constellations could be caressed while the story of Ishtar Gates was told by the stars itself, and the story of the ziggurat was whispered by the moon.

The Horse, the Bull of Heaven, the Great Twins.

Every constellation, every star, every being talked and whispered to us the story of Babylonia.

0