1. A new world he didn’t ask for
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1. A new world he didn't ask for

Sitting awkwardly on a red-and-black throne with a very high back, resting his brown head on one of its arms on the armrest, a rather tall and slender man was sleeping. The man was struggling to sleep and was tossing and turning in an attempt to find a comfortable position, repeatedly risking dropping the pompous purple hat on his head. The brown-haired man woke up shortly afterwards and, with his brown eyes, saw before him a large room with black brick walls and floor with a large red carpet on the floor. The man was still confused from having just woken up, however he realised that something was wrong.

'Where... am I?'

The man struggled to get up. He walked a little while observing his surroundings. The man slowly began to speculate what had happened to him.

'It's a nightmare...'

The brown-haired boy began to pinch his right cheek, without using too much force, stopping it once he realised the ineffectiveness of this gesture.

'THIS IS NOT A NIGHTMARE!'

The young man therefore panicked and ran towards the first entrance he spotted: an open large black wooden door. Passing through the door, the brown-haired man found himself in a long corridor also made of black brick and with a very long red carpet on the floor. The room was dimly lit by sporadic, dim magical torches and decorated with tasteless paintings and battered armours. The young man wandered for some time, gradually losing what little mental clarity he had left. His wandering suddenly ended when he saw a monstrous being in the distance, a kind of giant, bipedal, black-haired bull with a giant axe worn on its back.

'OH MY GOD!'

But as he noticed the bizarre entity, the latter also noticed the young man and started running joyfully towards him.

"Your Maj-"

His words, as well as his running, were stopped by the man's fainting, falling forward and becoming a purple stain on the carpet.

*****

Some time later, the man woke up on the same uncomfortable throne as before, but this time, opening his eyes, he noticed before him a beautiful indigo-haired girl, who began to smile as she saw him regain consciousness.

'Now... Who is this girl''

Despite the girl being a more tolerable sight, the brown haired man was not interested in being caught up by strangers, so he tried to escape again. Taking advantage of the distance from the woman, the man tried to flee sideways, but between his non-existent athletic skills and his clumsiness the man was soon caught up by the girl, who immediately stopped him by grabbing him from behind by the collar of his robe. She only needed one hand to stop the young fugitive. The man began to yell and wriggle.

"Let go of me! I don't want to be eaten by the monster!"

The young woman shook her head in disappointment and, pointing a finger at the man's back, the girl cast a paralysing spell on him.

"I didn't want to get to this..."

The young woman's voice had a expressed a mixture of seduction and kindness. Neutralising his escape, the young woman placed herself in front of the wretch and tried to calm him down by smiling at him. gently approaching him to look closer and vainly seeking direct contact between her magenta eyes and the man's brown ones.

"I don't want to hurt you, your majesty."

The man gritted his teeth.

"THEN WHY CAN'T I MOVE ANYMORE!"

The woman sighed, trying to conceal a slight annoyance, which was, however, shown by her slight retraction from him.

"Because I wanted to talk to you, your majesty, but his majesty immediately tried to run away!"

The girl was continuing to try to appease her new ruler, but the latter's attitude was making the young woman rather upset. Despite doing her best, she was unable to hide her growing annoyance at her conversation partner's lack of cooperation. The young woman's smile and her friendly face were replaced for a moment by a face that showed frustration, but she immediately recomposed herself, at least as far as her expression was concerned. It was evident from the tone of her voice that she no longer had the same composure as before.

"Maybe it's better for you, your majesy, to calm down. Right?"

"IF YOU WERE IN MY PLACE..."

The paralysed man's anger suddenly began to subside, but not the redness on his face.

"You... Are kinda pretty."

The man's eyes suddenly opened wide.

'WHAT?'

The man did not understand the reason for this sudden change in his own behaviour. The woman smiled first in a sinister and malevolent manner, before turning into a sincere, if somewhat seductive one. Moreover, the tone of her voice was no longer full of disillusionment, but was a teasing one.

"Thank you, your majesty. Howeber,  this is not the time for pleasantries."

"I thought it was that kind of time..."

The woman understood the sarcastic tone used by the man. She ignored the sarcasm, trying again to hide her annoyance by deciding to mock her interlocutor. She slowly approached the man again and gave him a flick on the nose.

"His majesty is a dummy."

"OUCH!"

Satisfied, the woman laughed, then she composed herself again and assumed a semblance of seriousness.

" Still... you are our new ruler, your majesty."

Confusion befell the young man.

'What?'

"What?"

The woman crossed her arms and her expression became very serious.

"You have been chosen as our new ruler, your majesty"

"Again! And by whom have i been chosen, precisely?"

The woman thought to herself, resting her index finger on her chin.

"Honestly, i don't know, your majesty..."

The indigo-haired girl was slowly calming down, a task however made difficult by her talker.

"You are out of your mind!"

"And you are powerless, your majesty."

The sudden coldness with which the young woman replied, accompanied by a glance so icy as to be capable of freezing a helium tank1Helium does not freeze at atmospheric pressure., intimidated the interlocutor quite a lot. The young man was in fact realising that railing against a stranger able of paralysing him was not such a good idea, no matter how approachable she appeared to be.

'If I don't watch my reactions I'll end up poorly.... Very poorly...'

At that moment a male voice began to speak from inside the woman's blue suit in an authoritative manner.

"Hey, is it possible to come in and have a word with His Majesty?"

The girl took a sort of walkie talkie from one of the pockets of her jacket.

"It would be better not to. He is still on the defensive and I had to use my powers to keep him calm enough to be able to communicate with him."

A certain weariness popped up in the young woman's words.

"Alright. Let us know when he's calmed down."

The girl put the walkie talkie back in her pocket and looked closely at the man in front of her: a man her age, about a decimetre taller than her, slender, not ugly nor handsome but not very well-groomed. She still expected some questions from him, but the latter remained silent, thinking by himself with a gloomy face. However, the young woman decided to fill him in on the person who had just contacted her.

"The voice you heard, your majesty is that of the Regent. Obviously with his majesty here among us his position is no longer apical in the chain of command. However, i strongly advise you, your majesty, to keep him as your advisor. He is a good ruler and we are grateful to him. Besides... I doubt that you have the necessary expertise, your majesty."

The ruler was completely immersed in funereal thoughts and ignored the speech that had just been uttered to him.

'I'm going to end up badly with this girl. If I get my manner wrong again this woman will kill me! The gaze from earlier is a proof of that! What have I done wrong to deserve this! Why me? What have I done wrong?'

In his head there was also a succession of scenes in which the woman in front of him had a sadistic look on her face and enjoyed killing the man in very gory ways, often aided by the previously sighted bipedal ox. The brown haired boy was overwhelmed by the grim visions he imagined. Tears began to flow from his eyes and he began to scream.

"I WANT TO GO HOME!"

The young woman, upon seeing him in that state, completely changed her attitude; she was first surprised for a moment, after which her face became full of kindness.

"Would you like a hug, your majesty?"

The brown-haired man could not tell whether her intentions were genuine or not. He remained silent, except for the sounds he made while crying. An answer was given after a few seconds.

"...Yes..."

The man was completely uncomfortable and full of embarrassment, the latter of which increased even more when the girl gently embraced him, wrapping one of her toned but slender arms around his neck and stroking his head with the other hand. The couple remained silent; the ruler's crying gradually and rather quickly diminished in its intensity. However, the man was still processing the recent series of events, as well as the disappearance of some strange thoughts that had recently started to flourish in his brain.

"Tell me when it's enough, your majesty."

The indigo-haired girl's gentle tone calmed the man down. He decided to prolong the embrace for another ten seconds or so. When the embrace was over, the woman recomposed herself, then picked up the walkie-talkie and proceeded to contact the regent again. Before starting the communication, however, the girl released her spell and made the man free to move again, but he continued to remain in his position out of inertia.

"His majesty is ready to receive you."

After ending the communication, the woman saw the brown-haired man still as motionless as a statue, showing obvious signs of fatigue. She started laughing.

"I have dissolved the spell, your majesty."

"... Ah..."

Through the door came a sharp-horned bovine monster. The same one that made the man faint with its towering presence alone. The ruler immediately recoiled in panic, his face whitening.

"IS THE REGENT HIM?"

The boy tried to escape again, but was stopped by the girl who immediately grabbed him again by the collar of his robe. In the meantime, the anthropomorphic ox had caught up with them.

Giving up, the brown-haired man looked at the woman, who nodded in response to his previous question, not without holding back a smile.

"Your Majesty, your coming is the event we have been waiting for."

The bovine bowed in front of the young man, who did not like it much, displaying a mild mixture of disgust and discomfort.

"Look, I don't know what you were waiting for. But it's definitely not me..."

The brown-haired man did not look his interlocutor in the eye, keeping an eye on him with his peripheral vision. In the meantime, the monster got up and analysed the man from head to toe, aided by an analyzing magic he had invoked.

"Well... His majesty doesn't seem that good to me... Who am I kidding, at the moment his majesty seems completely useless..."

The bull was somewhat discouraged, which alerted the man.

"Honestly, I was expecting someone with a bit more strength than his majesty.... However... There must be a reason if his majesty have been summoned."

The bull tried to pacify his new ruler, but in reality he was more trying to keep a slight sense of distress away from himself. It seemed to work though, as the man began to show signs of impatience towards the situation he found himself into.

"A mistake by the summoner..."

"It cannot be ruled out, your majesty. Although it seems that it was his predecessor who planned a subsequent summoning."

"Ah... And why?"

The man crossed his arms.

"I don't know about that, usually a demon lord is summoned when it's necessary to carefully plan our people's future. The last time a demon lord was summoned, a bloody war broke out. The arrival of the demon lord is a glimmer of hope for our survival in hard times."

The ox became slightly altered at the end of the speech as he saw the lord yawn, forgetting to put his hand in front of his mouth among other things. Meanwhile the girl grinned as she saw the anthropomorphic bovine's reaction.

"To me a demon lord looks more like a sign of impending doom."

The boy used a rather cold and condescending tone. The woman answered him using the same tone and also crossing her arms:

"Well, his majesty has a point."

The bovine did not like this attitude. He tried to stimulate his superior a little.

"Whatever the meaning of your coming, your majesty, we place our trust in you to guide us toward a better future."

In doing so, the regent achieved the opposite result. The monarch gave him a condescending look, complete with pinched fingers.

"You are putting your trust in the wrong person.... Besides, why should I help you. I have no reason to do so."

The regent was taken aback by the young man's words. The girl, on the other hand, was not at all surprised and tried to coax the man. A grin formed on the woman's face.

"You are here now, your majesty. Antagonising an entire nation because of your stubbornness, your majesty, is not a good idea, especially when his majesty are in a world about which you know neither the natural laws, nor the geopolitics, the ecosystems, or much else."

The young man thought for a moment.

'This lady has a point... however, her manner gets a bit on my nerves...'

"Alright... I will lend myself to be this demon lord. But all of you, as compensation, must analyse this bloody throne and see if is it capable of sending me back to where I came from! Understood?"

The young man was instinctively aggressive, even though he knew this was not the best way to speak in such a situation.

"All right, Your Majesty, we will see about getting information from the throne. However, now it is time for your visit to the city, and then we will talk about other matters such as the feast for your descent."

The regent smiled slightly trying to change the mood, but it did not work. In fact, his superior became even more emotional.

"There is no need. My descent is nothing for which you should celebrate!"

"I have already told you, Your Majesty, that your coming-"

"It is tantamount to a catastrophe! You should be panicked and furious. Not full of joy!"

The argument amused the woman, who laughed heartily at the two bickering over trivial matters. Nevertheless, she continued to observe and analyse the new ruler.

The ox sighed, then decided to settle down in an attempt to finally appease the monarch, hoping that it would not fail like the other times, but he refused to fall into sycophancy.

"Alright, no celebrations, your majesty. However, after your visit to the city you will have to begin training to become stronger, as well as to begin lessons to improve your ruling skills, which I doubt you possess, your majesty."

At that point, the governor turned towards the woman in an authoritative manner.

"Violante, for training I rely on you and Volframio. Make sure you tell him."

Violante puffed upon hearing this decision.

'Gee... I'd have much better things to do instead.'

She knew it was something that had to be done, so she replied, failing to try to hide, that she was not that interested.

"Alright..."

The ruler was again clearly annoyed, not wanting to be forced to do things he did not like.

'Damn it. I would very much like to avoid these tedious and tiring lessons. However i assume that this way i's possible for me to avoid being gutted and mangled by the first enemy I meet, which I will surely make before long...'

"Then let's go sightseeing, your majesty. Violante, you will prepare some lessons to impart to the ruler."

The monster began to walk and pointed with one finger in the direction of his master, who followed him unwillingly. The girl was about to leave, without responding to the regent's order, but stopped to listen to the conversation unfolding between the two.

"Do I really have to?"

"You'll live in this place, your majesty,  seeing it will be useful for you. Besides, don't you know your hometown's many places?"

"No."

The governor was dumbfounded to hear such an answer told in a serious manner.

'IS HE SERIOUS?'

"But how can you not know your own hometown, your Majesty?"

"Like the ancients did, I don't walk around it. Anyway, i barely know my house..."

*****

At the end of the tour, the monarch-regent duo was extremely tired and not at all in a good mood: the former was tense, the latter exhausted. The ruler also had a hard time walking.

"MY FEET HURT!"

"This is the fifth time you have announced it, your majesty."

"At least you will suffer too."

The ox, frustrated by his superior's whims, did a facepalm.

"feigning a little interest for our history and culture, at least out of respect for your subjects no, huh, your majesty?"

"'Sadly, I don't know how to pretend. what can I do for you.'"

The man's instinctive and polemical reaction made the governor sigh.

"A good politician must know how to pretend when needed, your majesty. This is also something that you will have to improve."

"So... I'm supposed to lie to my subjects?"

The lord looked at his subordinate with a mocking look, but the underling cut it short and did not let himself be provoked too much.

"Go see Violante. I'm sure she will have come up with something to help prepare you for your future adventures, your majesty."

"More like misadventures... Besides, I don't know where she has gone!"

"Alright... follow me, your majesty."

As soon as the duo began to walk again, a detail flashed into the monarch's mind. He gritted his teeth instantly and began to swing his arms in the air rapidly.

"YOU MORON! WHY DID YOU BRING ME BACK HERE IF WE ARE GOING TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY?!"

His anger immediately turned to fear, however, as soon as his gaze fell on what the regent's gaze looked like after the scolding: eyes wide open, mouth bent downwards, fangs clearly visible and deep breaths.

"I understand your discomfort, however... There are different ways to say something, don't you think, your majesty?"

The monotone and slow tone in which he used his deep voice to answer his superior revealed a not too hidden anger. He still managed to hide the amount of anger he had though, given the fact that the other person calmed down.

'I thought I went too far, however... He didn't seem that angry right now...'

'I would have loved to smash him to the ground with the flat of the axe I carry.'

*****

The two minded their own business for the entire journey, not interacting with each other in the slightest, until they arrived at a square, tiled arena rather far away from the city. Violante was already there, welcoming them with a practiced smile.

"What is this platform, a parking lot?"

The man displayed all his dissatisfaction openly.

"It's a small training arena, good for a novice like you, your majesty. Now go over to Violante, who will teach you something. I'm going back into my office."

The regent left, snorting. Meanwhile, Violante seemed to be in a good mood.

" Your majesty, step inside."

The man reluctantly joined the woman.

" You know... can I be informal with you?"

"If I can too, then that's fine."

"You know you're not obliged to call your subordinates 'sir', right?"

"I was taught this way and I do not change the way I speak just because I am in charge of a country..."

The girl genuinely smiled.

"Be that as it may, since you are not in a favourable situation, I think it is crucial for you to know how to defend yourself, don't you think?"

The man did not reply, his tense face did it for him.

"First and only point: As I always say... the best battles are the ones you don't fight."

The girl ran a hand through her hair, waving her hair in the air, giving herself far too much credit. The man noticed the blatant ostentation.

"As in running away?"

"When it's needed, yes. So I'll start by teaching you basic magical control and a few useful escape spells, dear.... Er..."

The girl's conviction and pride in her own idea wiped the sarcastic smile off the ruler's face. Only at the end did Violante lose her conviction, not knowing the name of the man, who did not reply, deciding to drag it out just to be annoying. Only a rather fierce and annoyed look from the woman prompted him.

"What's the matter?"

"May I know your name, dummy?"

The man, hesitantly, revealed his name to the girl, reddening slightly.

"...Agamennone."

"So, Agamennone, I hope you understand how important it is to take these lessons seriously."

Violante suddenly switched from using a normal tone of voice to a more lascivious and seductive one.

"'And if your progress is good.... I already know how to reward you..."

The woman began to undo the first three buttons of her suit. Her face, however, showed signs of embarrassment, which she tried to cover up as best she could.

'I only hope... That this performance is worth it...'

The man watched the girl's actions with moderate interest, first observing the woman's chest.

'She doesn't seem to be wearing a bra...'

Afterwards he looked at her face.

'Rather... she's blatantly embarrassed! Why the heck does he do it then'

Agamennone laughed haughtily.

"May I ask what are you doing?"

"Well... I'm trying to motivate you... I'm sure you'll want to experience the softness and roundness of a succubus' breasts sooner or later.... As well as the sweet milk inside them..."

Violante, using a very seductive tone and winking at Agamennone in a sensual manner, even bringing a finger in front of her lips, tried to seduce the man. Except that the woman's face showed a deep blush and Violante looked away from the man immediately after winking.

'I want to disappear... But I can't afford either to make this man hate me and my nation, or to make Agamennone evade the duties he has been given... And if seducing him does work... it will be worth it...'

Agamennone, however, also reacted in the same way.

'I'll admit that this lady is good in her field.... Wait... She said succubus, didn't she?'

A few seconds passed before the couple fully regained their composure.

Agamennone was admiring the floor while Violante stroked her head while flashing a dumb smile. The man suddenly raised his head.

"Tell me. Did you randomly throw out your proposals earlier?"

The woman was slightly surprised by the question.

"Of course not! We succubi know a spell that can recognise all the sexual tastes someone has."

There was another small pause between the pair. Then Agamennone made his usual attempt at lashing out.

"Well... If you knew my sexual tastes, you should know that I don't date the first ones who comes by!"

Violante fastened her uniform again with a certain grace.

"I said sexual tastes, not promiscuity. And since I cannot know a person's promiscuity.... Well... Attempting to seduce you was nevertheless a valid option."

The young woman blushed again at the end of the speech, looking away from Agamennone. She recovered, however, shortly afterwards.

"Not that I would have let you do anything to me.... I'm not very promiscuous either..."

'Is that so?'

Violante cleared her throat.

"Getting serious again, let's start with magical control. A lot of concentration is needed to effectively control the magical energy. Try concentrating and form a magic ball in your hand."

The girl showed the young man the palm of her hand, then, almost effortlessly, made a magical orb.

During the training Violante tried to be a helpful and engaging teacher. Agamennone appreciated this and indeed listened to her without complaint. However, after concentrating for about a minute, he became tired and gave up.

"Rest for a while and then try again."

Agamennone did not reply, but shortly afterwards he tried again to concentrate in order to control magic, however, he failed again.

This process went on for about a couple of hours without any results.

Seeing that things were taking a long time, at the first useful opportunity, about 10 minutes after the start, the woman left to get some comics to read while the young man attempted to become a magician. Violante was in fact getting very bored, having already used up all the advice she could give him in that situation. The woman, however, always cast a glance at her ruler from time to time to check both for progress and that he didn't wear himself out, the latter being a rather common occurrence.

*****

At the end of the training session it was dusk. Violante closed the comic book she was reading and picked up the others from the floor.

"'Listen... I assume you have nowhere to go..."

"I confirm."

"Then how about you come to my place?"

The succubus smiled sweetly, but Agamennone looked at her rather puzzled.

"My place is quite big. And mama can cook very well. You won't regret it..."

The woman winked at the boy. Agamennone, however, felt uncomfortable.

'I'd rather not have to live mooching off a stranger, especially one of my opposite sex.... But if the alternative is to be a beggar...'

Reluctantly, he agreed.

"... All right..."

"Then follow me. My home is not too far from here."

The young woman, with a sweet smile and a cheerful expression on her face, began to leap towards her home. Agamennone followed her, walking slowly and stiffly. The duo headed for Violante's home, the woman leading the way while Agamennone remained rather far behind. Once they arrived at the house, a two-storey stone cottage with a large garden, Violante opened the door using her own keys.

"Mama, I'm back. And I have brought company."

The young woman entered the house while Agamennone stood outside standing like a road sign.

"Welcome back my dear daughter, how did the pressing job they entrusted to you go?"

'It wasn't all sunshine and roses.... On the contrary... it was a pretty pitiful sight..."

Violante puffed and shook her head. Her mother smiled and gently caressed her head.

"I'm curious to know what job they have given you to wear you out like this..."

"Well-"

The girl's eyes opened wide.

'This is not a question one asks when you have a stranger in your house!'

She immediately dashed outside while her mother smirked.

'Looks interesting...'

As soon as she stepped out of the front door, the girl found the man standing in front of her, intent on admiring the red foliage of the myrobalan plum in the garden. She approached the man not so stealthily and once about half a metre from the guy, the succubus expressed all her disappointment.

"What are you doing?"

Agamemnon continued to observe the myrobalan plum as if nothing had happened. Violante placed a hand on the boy's right shoulder in a vigorous manner. She was then baffled when she saw the man turn in the opposite direction.

"I said, what are you doing?"

Agamennone turned to his right and was confronted by two piercing magenta eyes and a rather stern face, which slightly intimidated him.

"Y-you know when they knock you with a finger on one shoulder so that you turn around on the said side while the person doing it is on the opposite side?"

"I know, but I wanted to know why you didn't go inside with me and instead you decided to admire this angiosperm."

"I was waiting for someone to give me permission..."

"What permission! You just had to come in after me!"

"I didn't know!"

"Enter by yourself or i'll make you do it!"

Violante turned around and went back inside the house huffing and puffing, gesturing to the man to follow her. As she returned, she noticed a white apron disappearing from behind the doorframe. As the man slowly returned, a beautiful woman with red hair and eyes appeared in front of him, with horns pointed upwards just above her ears and a slim tail that swayed slowly at regular pace, wearing an apron and gloves slightly splashed with soap. She was slightly shorter than Violante, but including the horns the shapely woman was even taller than him. When Violante's mother saw the man , she immediately recognised who she had in front of her from his robe. The woman bowed before him. The man was perplexed and annoyed.

"A new monarch!"

'What is she up to?'

Agamennone began to stare at the redhead with contempt, in turn catching a glance from Violante.

"Anyway... let's say I have to act as tutor to this alleged ruler. By the way, he has no place to stay so I invited him into our home."

The girl sighed.

"However... He is currently utterly worthless."

Agamennone's mouth twitched slightly.

"That may be true but it's not pleasant to hear it all the time!"

The red-haired woman, meanwhile, stood up from bowing in front of the man.

"I see... I'm sure he'll develop into a good lord."

'Suck-up'

The voice used by the woman was blatantly flattering.

Meanwhile Agamennone sat down on a couch in a rather rude manner and took control of the TV. Violante began to observe him and think about possible measures to be taken in case he went out of line while the latter's mother resumed washing the dishes, but suddenly she turned towards the man.

"What do you think of the task given to you, your majesty?"

Agamennone had started watching a documentary on metamorphic rocks that was broadcast by a small TV channel he found by chance.

'Better than nothing...'

So he impulsively answered the question posed to him.

"That I have never wanted it... I only agreed to do it because your daughter told me that if I hadn't agreed I would have died."

The girl's eyes opened wide

'Don't mis-'

"VIOLANTE! How did you dare to say such things to our lord!"

Agamennone turned his head and found the red-haired woman scolding her daughter, waving her index finger threateningly, while her offspring puffed, crossed her arms, pouted and turned her head to the opposite side.

"What do you have to say for yourself?"

"Mama... I just told him that given his circumstances accepting his fate was the safest and most logical choice."

"I see... typical of my little sweetheart..."

Then the redhead turned her head again towards the king.

"'Still, at least I hoped that our new ruler would be sympathetic towards us. A ruler who hates his own people is a terrible news."

The young man was once again annoyed by the woman's blatantly pandering tone of voice. He wheezed.

"No... No... I have no reason... For now. But yours truly is completely unfit to lead you all. Then add to that the fact that every time someone like me appears, some sort of disaster happens..."

Agamemnon did not even turn his head to reply, using a rather disinterested tone. The woman continued with her conduct.

"Ah... I see... Don't beat yourself up though, your majesty. If you have been summoned, it means you are the right person to solve this supposed cataclysmic event."

"Nah, the throne definitely got the wrong person. Anyway, I asked to be returned where i came from as soon as possible."

Violante glared at the man, who, noticing her out of the corner of his eye, flinched slightly. Pointing at him with her right hand and clenching her left one in a fist, she showed her annoyance and replied in a very cold manner:

"The deal was that we would look for a way to get you back to where you came from, but NOT that we would get you back right away!"

The girl's mother became upset again, with the latter putting her hands in her long hair.

"Violante, do not disrespect the demon lord! Apologise to him!"

"But..."

"NO BUTS!"

"Look, we're on familiar terms."

The young woman sighed. The older woman, on the other hand, blushed and smiled awkwardly.

''He... he... ha.... Excuse me... I know my reaction may seem exaggerated to you, but disregarding hierarchies has always been a bad habit of my little one."

The man rolled his eyes.

'They entrusted me, their lord and supposed saviour, to an anarchist... Excellent...'

There was a few seconds of silence, interrupted only by Violante, who let out a laugh that she tried to suppress, attracting the curious glances of the other two.

'Entrusting the Demon Lord to an anarchist! The irony.'

The redhead's gaze returned to the man.

"Um... So, what would you like to have for dinner, my lord?"

Agamenone continued not to turn his head.

"I haven't the faintest idea about what is edible."

"Then trust me, I will make you a nice dinner, my lord."

The redhead smiled and winked in the direction of the unconcerned brown-haired man.

*****

I inserted my house keys and opened the front door of my house. As soon as I entered, I immediately perceived the delicious aroma of meat that had filled the hall from the kitchen. I take off my jacket as usual and then enter the kitchen.

"I am at ho-."

I immediately notice a non-family member's presence, but before I can say anything, my beloved daughter and my sweet wife come up to me and start hugging me.

"Papa!"

"Welcome back dear, dinner is almost ready."

I return the embrace, taking care not to poke my eyes out with my wife's horns, but out of the corner of my eye I watch the intruder, who seems to be looking at me condescendingly. After a few seconds I break off the embrace and ask the most obvious of the questions. I point at my guest, a man dressed in purple.

"Who is he?"

I do not conceal my annoyance, underestimating how much the man in front of me could be as bold as brass.

"The question is reciprocal"

My eyelid twitches.

'But how dare you, you uncouth good for nothing young man. You are as slim as a stick while I have well-developed muscles!'

I flex my muscles to show my superiority, but then my wife gets between us.

"Calm down you two, dinner is ready. This is a long story and it's better to talk about it over dinner."

My usual place is occupied by the intruder, but I decide to show my superiority by not making a fuss and sitting somewhere else. My wife is the last to sit down, after serving everyone a plate of pasta with pesto.

"So, what is the story behind this entity?"

I get pinched on my bearded cheek from my wife. It doesn't hurts too much.

"Dear submissive husband, since you are a human, are you familiar with the concept of the Demon King?"

I nod. However, I cannot but be annoyed by the release of some private details, especially since my daughter is currently giggling, as is the visitor. At least my daughter is doing it elegantly.

"Well... He is our new ruler."

I take a good look at the guest and then i burst out laughing.

"PFFFF! HIM?"

I get pinched again, but seeing how the young man had his eyes half closed and stopped for a moment from grinning gave me a lot of satisfaction. Having finished laughing, I decide to confront the stranger.

"Are you sure you are not having an affair with my daughter?"

"Why should I have an affair with your daughter?"

Suddenly I feel a shiver. They were not due to the man's confrontational attitude.

"You dare disrespect our new ruler."

My wife pinches me again. It hurts even less.

"Um... Are you, by any chance, saying that my daughter is not worthy of being the object of an affair?"

The man does a facepalm. In the meantime I lay my eyes on my daughter, who despite appearing to be focused on eating her plate of pasta, glares at me.

"Then you're having an affair with my wife!"

The slender man suddenly slams his fist on the table.

"What are you saying! You know... I'm getting the urge to have flings with your daughter and your wife. Do you happen to have sisters? Nieces? Is your mother still alive?"

I feel satisfied seeing him lose his composure. However, I still get the chills.

"Forgive him, the next time you meet him he will be tamed and trained properly."

And now I also feel a weight on my head. It is undoubtedly a pair of arms. I notice that my daughter is no longer at the table.

"I understand that you want to protect me, but I would like to understand how are you not ashamed of what you are saying. At the moment I am ashamed in your stead."

Her tone is frosty. In the meantime the monarch is looking at me, smiling wickedly.

"However, Agamennone, my father's reactions have a solid ground. We succubi tend to get a lot of attention. Most of it are remarks, but it is not uncommon for things to go beyond that. Some of us are into it and take advantage of it, while others are made uncomfortable. Either way, there is someone who can be hurt by such behaviours."

As my daughter returns to her seat, I notice that the man is no longer smiling, but seems to be thinking about something.

*****

Agamennone sat on the bed in the guest room, admiring the rather sober furnishings with some curiosity. His face remained impassive, at least until a now familiar figure appeared in his field of vision. It was Violante, changed into a pajamas consisting of a tank top and shorts. The man observed her with a certain curiosity, but without losing control. The girl smiled in response.

"If you want you can come to my room, at least we can play together some more..."

Agamennone nodded. Violante then guided the young man towards her room and the two resumed playing cards.

"Listen... How about we play briscola... and the loser of each game will have to remove a piece of clothing... Whoever remains naked first loses the entire set of games..."

The succubus' gaze became intense, almost hypnotic. She ran her index finger close to her lips as she stared straight at the man in front of her.

The lord blushed and became panicked, immediately taking a defensive stance, but these emotions soon disappeared and were replaced by intense frustration.

"Why are you being like this? Aren't you ashamed to strip naked in front of a stranger?"

The frustration also vanished swiftly. The young woman chuckled.

''I was joking... But these reactions of yours are really cute.... Besides, what kind of succubus would I be if I wasn't a bit of a tease?"

Violante winked, while Agamemnon rolled his eyes.

"You should understand me... You too after all, you too like to annoy others, don't you?"

"Touché."

"So, shall we play?

The girl had stopped bothering him, yet Agamennone felt a slight discomfort whenever he looked at his playmate's face.

*****

It was already midnight when Violante, yawning, decided to interrupt their playing session.

"*Yawn*... I'm tired... If you want we can play again tomorrow... Still, I've won for today."

The girl got up from her bed, while the man sat on the bed, slowly taking a look around.

"Do you need pajamas by any chance? If you want I can go into my parents' room and get you one."

The man was hesitant, but he tried to hide it.

"Won't it bother them?"

"Obviously it won't, I'm their beloved daughter, am I not?"

"... Are you sure?"

"If you really don't want to bother them..."

The woman smiled in a provocative manner.

"... I can lend you something..."

the man frowned and opened his mouth.

'Huh?'

The girl mischievously laughed.

"You're not that much taller than me, I'm pretty sure I have some things that can fit you rather well..."

'Is she serious?'

"N-don't worry... I will sleep with these..."

The man grasped his own robe with one hand. The girl sighed, then looked at the man with a certain amount of irritation and apprehension, putting her hand on her waist.

"Whatever... See you tomorrow then."

Agamennone slowly stood up from the bed in order to leave, while the succubus got ready for going to sleep. She lifted the covers, then turned her back to the boy. She smiled mischievously again.

"Aren't you going to say me bye?"

Agamennone stopped from walking.

"Ah... yeah..."

The woman monitored her host's movements, and as soon as the man turned around towards her, she swiftly removed her tank top . Laughing, she began to twirl the garment with one hand, aware that her mass of long hair was covering most of her back. Turning her back to the man also hid the blush on her face.

"What the heck! Again?!"

The girl smiled gently.

"It's just a little innocent prank..."

"One moronic girls do!"

The girl's smile faded, her head bowed slightly and her tank top stopped spinning.

"I'm sorry... If this kind of pranks bother you that much i promise not to do them again. I swear I didn't mean any harm..."

The man began to feel a little sorry for the girl. This was apparent in his tone of voice.

"I believe you when you say that... But i find these kinds of pranks uncomfortable... At least when a stranger makes them. I barely know you, you know..."

The girl recovered like a thirsty avocado plant when watered. Clearing her throat, Violante tried her best to act responsibly. 

"The main point is to understand each other. I'll try to be less adventurous with my antics.... Is that ok for you?"

The man tilted his head, also putting his hand on his waist.

"... Alright..."

The woman snapped the fingers of her free hand, then turned the same hand one hundred and eighty degrees and began to wave it.

"So... Good night."

"... Good night"

Agamennone left the room, but instead of returning to his room, the boy went downstairs, where he found a bookcase. There he cautiously picked up a random book: 'Mushrooms so good & to die for'. The boy looked at the book with disinterest.

'Better than nothing.'

He sat down on the sofa, resting his back comfortably on the backrest, and he lit a magic lamp. He then began to read.

*****

Agamemnon was still reading the book. He was abandoning himself to a yawn when he noticed a dim light approaching the entrance to the room. Passing by the entrance to the room was Violante's mother, dressed in a fine black, slightly see-through nightgown. The light was produced by a magical little flame on her index finger. The woman then disappeared, only to reappear shortly afterwards with a glass of water in her hand. But this time she decided to enter the room.

"Excuse me for not bowing in front of you, but I have a glass of water in my hand. Anyway, what are you still doing awake, my Lord?"

"Is it a crime?"

The man was very annoyed by the excessive reverence the woman showed him. He huffed, stopped reading the book and then he placed the book upside down on the sofa, cover facing upwards, and gave his attention to the woman, who had meanwhile taken a seat on another couch.

"Of course not. But I think you may have plans tomorrow morning, your majesty."

"I'm not sleepy and I can't help it. They didn't ask when I would be available."

"You have a point, your majesty..."

After a few seconds of thinking about what to do, a mischievous smile appeared on the woman's face.

"What do you think of my beloved daughter, my lord?"

Agamennone noticed the smile.

'She wants me to go after her daughter, doesn't she?'

"Your daughter is... A female... Humanoid..."

Violante's mother smiled genuinely.

"She's a good girl, but she doesn't hide the fact that she can be... 'persuasive' when needed, my lord."

'Nailed it!'

The genuine smile gradually turned into an increasingly lascivious expression as she licked her lips sensually, running her index finger close to her own lips. Her eyes were piercing. Luckily for him, Agamennone never made eye contact with his conversation partner.

"I wasn't referring to that. Didn't you notice what a pretty face she has, her bright hair.... her intense eyes... That soft neck to smooch, those ears to nibble on, those soft breasts to suck on until completely drained... Those elegant feet all to be licked..."

Agamennone clenched his fists in anger and embarrassment. A frightening expression formed on his face. The woman was startled, opening her eyes wide and her mouth slightly.

"S-sorry... We succubi do that when we want to encourage two people to get together... Turning them on helps..."

The ruler suddenly calmed down.

"So... You are not lusting over your own daughter..."

The woman blinked in disbelief, then she smiled sheepishly.

"Why would you think... Oh... I understand why you would think that..."

She akwardly cleared her throat.

"As i said, it's a simple succubi's custom."

"Ah..."

The woman pulled herself together.

"The point, Your Grace... is that... My daughter is still a virgin."

Agamennone raised an eyebrow.

"... So what?"

'Among us succubi virginity is frowned upon. All demons usually do that, however, you have to understand that.... We succubi have the ability to strengthen ourselves by absorbing the emotions of other people. The stronger the emotions, the more we strengthen ourselves. And when having sex, but also when fighting, when playing and in other such activities, strong emotions emerge. So succubi So succubi are often inclined to be belligerent, promiscuous, playful and generally hedonistic. My daughter, however, probably due to being a succubus-human hybrid, does not like to fight and, above all, is not promiscuous at all. She only wants to give herself to someone who loves her from the bottom of their heart. At least she likes to have fun... But in this way she strengthens herself much less than the other succubi, limiting the emotional sources from which to draw energy,my lord."

Agamennone paid attention to the entire speech.

'Emotional absorption, huh?'

The woman closed her eyes and joined her hands together in a praying position.

"Oh mighty lord... Your Valentina begs you... please... Copulate with my daughter."

Agamennone remained composed at first, then he complained openly, swinging a fist in the air.

'SERIOUSLY!?'

"SERIOUSLY!?"

Valentina was astonished. Agamemnon, meanwhile, sighed.

"I won't have sex with your daughter. Also i don't think your 'submissive husband' would like the idea..."

Valentina tried to pull herself together again.

"Pardon my impudence, My lord, but.... Who could be better than you to be Violetta's first time?"

Agamennone did a facepalm.

"I don't really know why, but just the thought of you wanting your daughter to have sex for the first time in her life with the man who has been your monarch for not even a day and that both of you barely know makes me feel quite uncomfortable."

The woman nodded.

"Besides. Wasn't her name Violante?"

Valentina burst into laughter.

'Silly boy, Violetta is a pet name.... Anyway... I understand your reluctance and outrage. It's easy to see that you're human despite being the ruler of us demons, and I know that humans have a different way of approaching certain topics. However, don't you think even for an instant that I want to harm my daughter when i act this way. I love her a lot, my lord.

Agamennone merely nodded.

"Anyway, you have to get up early tomorrow, my lord."

The woman winked at the man before casting a soporific spell on him.

"I've said th-"

The young man suddenly fell asleep and dropped to his side on the sofa, smacking his face into the book. At that point the woman took the man in her arms and carried him back to the guest room.

I don't really know what to say. I just would like to have some feedback. I'm not good with details so i'd like to know if i've left something incoherent in here. Also, to avoid misunderstandings, whatever is written between single quotes e.g. 'Abc?' is a thought while whatever is written between double quotes e.g. "Def!" is a speech. I've searched the standards and i'm not a fan of it.

Also, i've translated the text with the help of DeepL, mainly to do it faster. I've proofread it but i'm not that proficient in english, so i'd be glad to receive some help in this matter too. I personally find english a rather bizarre language, especially the phonetics.

Last thing. Most of the text is written in 3rd person past tense, with a scene in 1st person present tense as an experiment because i thought it could enhance the comedic factor. Still, given the amount of dialogues and direct thoughts, maybe a 3rd person present tense would be better than a 3rd person past tense. I'd like to receive some opinions about it.  

As you can see, i have really clear ideas... I also hope not to sound too arrogant.

Is the chapter too long?
  • Yes Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Votes: 1 100.0%
Total voters: 1
1