Prologue 1
35 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author Note : The story starts at chapter 1. The prologue introduces the MC and his background that lead to his demise before transmigration. You can skip the prologue, but as a Author i would recommend reading it.

It was an unpleasantly cold winter's night; dark, mystifying, the moon was sheltered by the murky looming clouds. I woke up from my sleep around midnight, I couldn't tell the exact time as it was too dark to see the clock on the wall. I was feeling thirsty so i went towards the kitchen. it was a hallway across the door of my room and the kitchen was at the end of the hallway. On the right side was the living area besides the kitchen. the lights of the living area was on and i could hear some hushed voices coming from the living room. As i got closer to the kitchen i could hear it was Uncle Brain and Aunt Jenny.

"What could Uncle Brian and Aunt Jenny be discussing at this late hour, and why did it feel as though their words carried a weight of secrecy?" I thought

Pausing just outside the doorway to the living area, I hesitated, my curiosity warring with the sense of intrusion that gnawed at me. But the pull of uncertainty was too strong to resist, and so I stood there, hidden in the shadows, straining to catch snippets of their conversation.

"Brian how long are we going to be tolerating that leech?... its already been almost 8 year. i cant stand that leech roaming in our house anymore... He is such a eyesore. Why are you not throwing him out of our house?" Jenny asked in a visibly annoyed and frustrated tone.

"Calm down dear.. it wont be long that we get rid of that trash!... we have already waited for all these years just be patient for a little more, when he turns eighteen we will have everything..." Brian said in a calm voice.

"But will he be willing to give us everything?" Jenny said worriedly.

"Of course! all these years i have being using his fears to make him totally rely on us... don't you see how desperately he tries to get our acknowledgement?... When the time comes he will definitely give us all the shares that his father left of him..."

"Ha ha ha... you are so smart my dear Brian... hmph! suits him right.. his father wanted to kick you out of the company. He can only blame his stupid father..."Jenny said condescendingly

"Hmph... that fool really thought i didn't know he wanted to kick me out of the company... poor guy even in his last breath didn't get to know how he died or i should say who killed him?.... HAHAHAHA serves them right!...." Brain said with a maniac look in his eyes

"Yeah its just we have to wait for so many year for those shares... as they can only be transferable when that leech turns eighteen" Jenny said regretfully

~~~~~

[7 years ago]

A ten-year-old boy stood frozen in the middle of the road, his shoulder-length hair framing his face in a dark cascade. His rich, dark skin tone contrasted starkly with the pale glow of the flames that engulfed his home. Dressed in a colorful birthday costume, now smudged with ash and dirt, he looked like a figure out of place amidst the chaos of the night.

His wide eyes were filled with horror and disbelief as he watched his house consumed by the voracious flames, the crackling inferno casting eerie shadows across his face. The flickering light danced upon his features, highlighting the anguish etched in his expression, his mouth slightly agape in shock.

Tears welled in his eyes, reflecting the orange glow of the fire as it devoured everything he held dear. His hands trembled at his sides, fists clenching and unclenching in helplessness. Despite the festive attire he wore, there was no joy in his demeanor, only a profound sense of loss and despair.

As the flames licked higher into the night sky, casting an ominous glow over the scene, the boy remained rooted to the spot, he was crying while looking at the crowd clustered around his house at that time. The voices of the people echoed in his ear hauntingly. He was horrified by the siren of the ambulance, the police car and firefighters, the ringing of the phones of the crowed, the yelling, the cries, the increasing roar of the fire; everything added chaos to that place and frightened him even more. He felt dead inside as he knew he would never get my family back.. In that moment, he was not a child celebrating his birthday, but a witness to tragedy, his innocence shattered by the cruel hand of fate.

1